Chapter 3.

Perfectly Irresistible
Please log in to read the full chapter

As the night went on, more drinks were ordered, more stories were told and more laughter were heard. They talked about every possible thing, from likes and dislikes, embarrassing stories from their teenage years, their college years, their careers and even their crazy romance adventures in which to no one surprise at all, Yongguk has much more stories in that area compare to Joohyun. It was a pleasant surprise for both to find out how they much they have in difference rather than in common. They did also spend quite an amount of times arguing, debating over their differences, judging and playfully chastising the other’s preferences. It was hard to believe this is the second time they met (well third technically but someone did not remember.)

 

They are right now in the middle of a conversation revolved around their romance mishaps, which caused Joohyun to burst out laughing over something Yongguk said.

 

"You what?!" Her eyes are widened in surprise and laughter escaped her lips, "Wait, wait, so you, the golden boy of SNU once tried to ask a girl out by using a cute puppy only to find out that she was severely allergic to dogs and already have a boyfriend?" Her laugh once again rang in the air, it wasa warm and clear, carry over the music and resonate in his ears, he would definitely enjoy her laughs more if only she wasn't laughing at him. "Then what happened? Was the girl alright?" Joohyun asked, finally got her laughter under control although he still could see the amusement and humour in her eyes.

 

“Yeah well she was fine, I think...” He trailed off, sounding unsure caused Joohyun to raise her eyebrow, “Yeah she’s fine or at least that was what her boyfriend told me before threatened me to get away or else and that was my cue to get out of there so I took it.”

 

“Not going to lie, your image that I knew and heard of from university till now is slowly deteriorating.” Joohyun shook her head in amusement at the man sitting in front of her and sipping on her drink.

 

“Really? What was that image may I ask?” Yongguk’s lips curved up in one of his signature gummy smile with same full amusement, fingers subconsciously playing with his empty cup on the table, his brown eyes bore curiously into hers.

 

Joohyun tilted her head a little which caused a few strands of her wild blonde hair to escaped from behind her ears, instinctively she reached up and to put it back to its place, humming while doing so. "Hmm, let see... I guess you have heard of your unoffical nickname around the campus, right?" She paused but when Yongguk shook his head confusedly, she elaborated, "The 'golden boy of SNU'. That was what other students were calling you. Excel academically and sport, good looking, super friendly and respectful although sometimes you have a look on your face that look like you want to kill. Can probably get any girls you want but surprisingly only had a few relationships throughout university and most of your ex-girlfiends all said goods things about. And was most likely to be successful in the future. So I got to say, your image was pretty honourable and well-respected.” She concluded, nodding her head as if to say that her memory did not failed her, as if she remembered this information off by heart.

 

Even Yongguk was bewildered by this as he stared at her before playful drawn back with a fake suspicious expression on his face, “Miss Bae Joohyun, are you sure you did not stalk me?”

 

Joohyun scoffed with a chuckle of her own, “don’t flatter yourself Mr Bang Yongguk. I’ll have you know that I had to read through millions of the same article about you, written by the publishing club members. As the club president I had to read through each and every single one of those article thoroughly and approve whether it will made it on the university news or not.”

 

Yongguk let out a quiet ‘aah’, processing what he just heard before his eyes flashed up with recognition of something, “Wait wait, you said you have to approve for it to be on the news right? How come there are times that there were articles about me that even I was shock reading things about myself that I did not know before?.”

 

“For entertainment purpose.” Joohyun replied cheekily, bringing the cup up to her lips to tried and hide her laughter. While all Yongguk could do was stare baffling at the woman sitting across, trying her best to hide her laugh at him at the moment. After 7 years, he finally found the sole perpetrator for his only downside during his time at university.

 

Loss for words, Yongguk can only shook his head in disbelief and let out a defeated laugh, “you’re something else Bae Joohyun.”

 

“Thank you very much.” A small giggle escaped her lips as she finished her cup of alcohol, her ears and cheeks were now a shade of pink thanks to the alcohol. Set her cup down, she hummed to herself a little, deliberating on something, “You know what? When Seungwan forced to me to come out here tonight, I did not expect to have such a great time so thank you for that.” She paused, gave Yongguk a small smile which he returned as in to say ‘you’re welcome’.

 

“But I personally did not came out here tonight with the idea of a ‘date’ which I’m sure you felt the same. I don’t think I want to date any body as of yet so how about we scraped the idea of this date and just think of this as a friendly hangout?” Joohyun spoke slowly, considering every words to made sure she won’t offend Yongguk in any way.

 

Truth to be told, she wanted to say this from the beginning but she wasn’t sure how to without offend him and did not know when to insert that into the conversation. However thanks to the courage that the alcohol gave her and also she felt much more comfortable with Yongguk now, she decided to just let him know and not to lead him on or anything. After getting out of a 3 long year of a serious relationship, Joohyun was sure that she did not want to impulsively jumping into another one and use that person as a rebound. No one deserve that and she won’t allow that.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter