Chapter 2.

Perfectly Irresistible
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yongguk looked up from the pile of files in front of him when a knock can be heard on his door, “Come in.” Yongguk said, tiredly sat up from his chair.

“Hello.” Seungwan walked in, smiling brightly before crunched up her nose, “Urgh, your office smells of just coffee. You’re a caffeine addict and that’s not a good thing. You need to seriously change your lifestyle if you want to live longer.

Yongguk threw her a tired glare, “Get out if you come in here just to pester me.” He picked up his coffee mug and empty the cup just to prove some kind of point to Seungwan. 

Seunwan ignored Yongguk’s remark and sat down in the chair in front of his table, facing him still smiling brightly, seemingly as energetic as ever. Sometime Yongguk couldn’t understand how some people can have such an endless amount of energy in them, especially early morning and late at night. Those people annoy him and Seungwan was one of them. Does she have nothing to do? Should he increase her workload?

Oblivious to Yongguk’s thought, Seungwan put her elbows on the table and leaned forward, looking directly in Yongguk’s eyes, her smile was gone, replaced with a very serious expression. As confused as Yongguk was on his co-worker’s quick mood change, he raised his eyebrow at her, held the eye contact, challenging.

The staring battle lasted for a few more seconds before Seungwan’s lips curved into a grin, she broke the eye contact and sat back on her chair, “What time is it Yongguk?”

Yongguk was completely baffled at Seungwan’s quick change in attitude. Shook his head with a sigh before and looked down at his watch not missing that little mischievous grin that Seungwan currently wearing. “It’s 7:30 pm.”

“Good because I set you a date at 8.” Seungwan’s grin grew bigger as she delivered her shocking announcement.

“You what?” Yongguk’s eyes widen, trying to process what he just heard, “I’m sorry but I think I heard you wrong.” He shook his head at her, so done with this woman in front of him.

“Nah-uh. You heard every single word correctly. I got you a date at 8.” Seungwan spoke slowly as if she was speaking to a child. “Before you asked why it’s because I think you need a woman in your life to spice it up you know. You’re 27 and all you do is wake up, go to work, stay at work until like 9 or sometimes 12. You drowned yourself in work and alcohol and coffee.” Seungwan quickly threw a quick glare at Yongguk to tell him to shut up as he was about to open his mouth to argue which caused him to closed his mouth defeatedly.

“Besides, it’s not healthy like that. You need to get a life.”

Yongguk’s face remained passive after Seungwan was done with her explanation. He sat up straight on his leather chair, loosened his tie around his neck before speak, “I can’t say I’m not offended.” Seungwan just shrugged. “But… Thanks but no thanks. I still have work to do” He quickly refused and looked back down to the file, ready to continue working.

Suddenly the paper in his hand disappeared and appeared in Seungwan’s hand. The quick pulled left a small stinging mark on Yongguk’s palm, a little bit of blood can be seen seeping out of the tiny gash.

Papercut. Just great. Yongguk thought

“Oops, but it is just a little paper cut, you will live.” Unfazed by Yongguk’s irritation, Seungwan still remained bubbly. She even had the nerve to bend down and scooped the entire stack of papers on Yongguk’s desk in her arms, “I’m confiscating these, I’ll even finish these papers for you. So please, please, please just do me a favour and go? Don’t stand an innocent girl up.”

At this point Yongguk already over this whole thing, he just wanted to go home, shower and get in bed; talking Seungwan tire him out. “Okay, okay, I’ll go.” He defeatedly agreed although his mind already conjured up a whole another plan. He will just go there to satisfy Seungwan and so she won’t go after him later then apologised to the woman and get himself home.
 

Loosen his tie a little despite the fact that Seungwan made him tighten it just a while ago, Yongguk stepped out his car. He still couldn’t believe Seungwan set him a date at a bar, he even voiced out his thought by telling her how ‘classy’ her choice of date place was which she only responded with a “shut up.”

Yongguk straightened out his suit before walked in the bar with confident strides. Although he was complaining about not caring and just want to go home, a part of Yongguk was very curious about who this friend of Seungwan was. The last time he met one of Seungwan’s friend, let just say he was really impressed and that somehow boosted his expectation today. Also the last time he was at this very same bar, he had a very interesting time about a girl with the initial “B.J” that he did not have any memories of.


Ironically, the girl that he couldn’t remember ended up being the one that has been on his mind the most. Strange, he knows.

The first thing that greeted him when he got inside was the loud music that can stimulate people to get drunk and get wild on the dance floor. Music has that psychological effect on the human’s brain and not much people were aware of it unless they do psychology in university, which Yongguk did but as a minor whilst law was his major.

He looked around, took in his surrounding for a second to get his eyes and ears familiar with the environm

Please log in to read the full chapter