Chapter 4.

Perfectly Irresistible
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I honestly do not know why I stay in that crappy relationship for 3 years.” Joohyun slurred, setting her upteempth empty cup of alcohol down. “I mean sure it was great but it also wasn’t you know what I mean?” Her dazed eyes glanced over at Yongguk, the fire and confidence were no longer in her eyes.


She picked up her glass again only to found it was empty, “Huh, I already drank this? I don’t remember I did.” She stared confusedly at the cup, “Did you drink my drink?” She turned to accused Yongguk who was doing nothing but listen to her drunken rant with concern but also found the situation very comical.

“Nope.” He shook his head, a small smile on his lips as he watched Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows deeply, she really was thinking hard about it.

“Oh.” Joohyun hiccuped, “Guess I really did drink it all then. Another glass please!” She called out to the nearby waiter, no longer in the right state of mind to be mindful.

“Actually no. I think you have enough drink for tonight.” Yongguk shook his head quickly at the waiter and thankfully the guy got the message and walked away before Yongguk to Joohyun with a stern expression.

Now Joohyun looked even more confused, her eyes widen staring at Yongguk for literally almost a minute, blinking. He was not sure what she was trying to do or achieve but Yongguk held her gaze with his own.

“Fine, I will go dancing then.” She threw her hands up before tried to push herself up, swaying a little. Joohyun was definitely also pouting.

But Yongguk was quicker, he instantly stood up and grabbed her wrist stopping her midway. “I think it is time to go home.” He shook his head, did not know whether to laugh or to be concern about this situation at hand.

“But I want to dance.”

“No. You’re drunk so I won’t let you do that.”

Joohyun let out a big huff, stomped her feet on the ground and used her free hand to push her hair out of her face as she turned to Yongguk with a most childish expression he had ever seen from her. “Wow, you’re mean. You don’t let me drink or dance and you want me to go home. I am an adult, must I remind you. I am 26 years old. I live by myself so I am allow to go home anytime I want. You can’t tell me what to do.” She said all of that in one breathing, her voice was a little bit slurred together and even Yongguk had the trouble of understanding her.

“And also I am not drunk.” She added, trying to steady her voice and stood up straight. But when she saw Yongguk raised his eyebrow at her statement, she reasoned, “I know I am Bae Joohyun and you are Bang Yongguk, you are currently 27 year old and work as a lawyer. I also know that somewhere at the back of this bar, Kim Minjung is banging Lee Chaeyoung and I honestly don’t give a . Plus, just to prove to you that I am not drunk, I will walk down this hallway in a straight line for you.”

She then proceed to shook Yongguk’s hand off and took a step, her second step was wobbly and her third step, she almost stacked it if it wasn’t for Yongguk’s fast reflex. He quickly reached out to caught her before she could hit the floor as if he was anticipating that. He probably did know that was going to happen considering the amount of alcohol Joohyun drank before. All Yongguk could do was let out a sigh and shook his head at her, even under the influence of alcohol she was still stubborn.

“Fine, you’re right. I am drunk.” Joohyun finally spoke up, avoiding Yongguk’s gaze because she knew that Yongguk was currently looking at her with the ‘i told you’ look. At least she still has some sense even when drunk.

She was still in his arms and drunk Joohyun, who was notorious for babbling when drunk, “You know your arms are pretty comfortable and warm and strong. What kind of protein shake do you drink?”

At this point Yongguk was already loss for words as he let out a half scoff half laugh at her statement and decided not to answer to her anymore or else there will be no end to it. He then proceed to paid for their bill with one arm as Joohyun still leaned on his other arm. He thanked the stars that she did not pay attention to him paying the bill because if she put up a fight about who was going to pay the bill they will most likely be there for another half an hour.

“It was nice to see you two again, we really thought it was the one-time thing.” Yongguk looked up at the waiter who came to collect their bill. But before he could ask what he means, he felt a tug on his shirt, interrupting his thought and Yongguk discarded it as he looked down at Joohyun.

“Yongguk, I can’t keep my eyes open much longer.”

“Right, right, I’ll drive you home. Come on.” He stood up, pulling Joohyun up with him with one hand on her waist to steady her as he steered both of them out with great agility and swiftness.

It took him more than 10 minutes to get her out of there and to his car as she stopped to blow a kiss at anyone who she caught staring at her and there were lots of people who were staring and honestly Yongguk literally had to drag her out of there by force.

Somehow Yongguk managed to get her in his passenger seat, “You seriously are a handful.” He mumbled to himself, remembering her words about when she was drunk from before while leaning over to put on the seatbelt for her. Unexpectedly he felt Joohyun leaned closer to his neck and she suddenly sniffed him, which caused Yongguk to pulled back in shock and surprise, unsure of what just happened.

“You know you smell really nice. You’re cologne … must be … expensive..” Joohyun was no longer being able to keep her eyes open. Her body curled in the leather seat as she dozed off leaving Yongguk gaped at her with wide open eyes and disbelief written all over his face.

He slowly got in his car, glanced at his passenger seat every few seconds, still in disbelief. And to got Yongguk in shock for that long was a very big achievement that not much people could do and Joohyun managed to do just that without even trying. He started the engine and buckled in his seat belt, just as Yongguk about to pulled out of the parking he remembered that he did not know Joohyun’s address. He looked to his left to see Joohyun who has fell into a deep sleep. He let out a sigh before took out his phone to dialed Seungwan’s number.

“What do you want?” Seungwan mumbled in irritation after picked up his phone call on the fifth ring. He could hear sheet and blanket ruffle on the other side. She sounds like she could go back to sleep any moment.

“Are you sleeping?” Yongguk asked, disbelief laced in his voice. “Anyways, what’s Joohyun address? I have to drive her home and she’s -” A line of beep interrupted his explanation and Yongguk pulled the phone away from his ear, once again openly gaped at it.

She hung up. Seungwan ing hung up on him, the nerve this woman has. He was so tempted to throw his phone away at this moment but he ended up frustratedly slammed up down the phone holder. Women. He was so done with them.

“ it.” He muttered and pulled out of the parking. He’s going home, he was so done.

Joohyun had trouble opening her eyes but she could not ignore the sunlight shining on her face any longer. The first thing she noticed was that she was having a terrible headache and secondly, she noticed this room was not hers. It was fam

Please log in to read the full chapter