Witch clans.

Witchcraft
Witchcraft Witch clans
 

CHAOSARROW

Surname Park

A relatively large group of witches residing in and around Vrarc in the South. Fewer Chaosarrow witches are spread around the rest of the Region.

Their magic is weak compared to other witches but they excell in potions. Their potions are usually helpful compared to deadly and they believe that they can somehow convince humans they're not dangerous. They don't fight back very often.

Opposed to hiding in plain sight among humans and therefore often live in groups of 5 to 10 witches. Uses ingredients found on the Ysp Cliffs and in the Quhst swamp. 

Chaosarrow witches are commonly associated with fur from the Mustox Latrizii. 


GOLDENBRAND

Surname Park

A much smaller group of Park's compared to the Chaosarrow. They are usually spread across the entire Region, very independent and very individualistic. They rarely find together with other Goldenbrands. 

Goldenbrands do conjuring and is also the only group of witches who are able to conjure. Their conjuring abilities differ depending on the individual witch. 

They, too, are opposed to hiding amongst humans, but because of their small numbers and how widespread they are, they are also less likely to get in touch with humans and hunters. 

They're associated with thunderstorms despite having nothing to do with the weather. 


WATERHOOD

Surname Lee

A medium group of witches who live near Lake Pezul in South, the Pyrc River that goes from East to West and the Slosk Falls in North-West. They usually live amongst humans in smaller villages but rarely venture into the larger cities. 

Despite their name and the places they reside, their magic has nothing to do with water. Instead they specialize in rituals, often performed under the moonlight. Their rituals are powerful and if done correctly definitely have the power to kill humans. 

If they could, they would establish their own towns and villages but that would be too dangerous with  hunters around. 

The Waterhoods are associated with fungi, but most normal is the ring of Brown Cladonia that is used for their rituals.


BELLOWPIKE 

Surname Lee

The Bellowpike witches have dwindled a lot in numbers in the past few decades. They live mainly in larger cities, though are more commonly found in Kham in the North and Jiorora in the East. They used to speak the language Aurari, but also that has gotten lost with the dwindling numbers. 

The Bellowpikes are known as the Librarians. They have a hunger for knowledge and spends hours reading and learning new things. Their memory is also outstanding. Their magic is relatively harmless, although it gets stronger with strong emotions. 

Their magic revolves around metal and makes them able to bend it in any way they see fit. 

Because of their dwindling numbers, they have learnt how to behave amongst humans and are rarely outed. It happens occasionally but because of their hiding tactics, they are not able to stand against a hunter in a fight. 

They're associated with cookbooks in the witch community and with herbs and spices such as Ichenis and Slatimin in the human society.


THUNDERLAW

Surname Lee

The Thunderlaws are a medium sized group like the Waterhoods. They live in smaller towns with humans but also keep close to the Pyulm forest. Not many of them live in the forest because of the danger that lies in the forest and in living in desolate areas, but they often have the forest in their backyard. Some also live close to the smaller forest, Wryfiw. 

Their magic is, like their name says, related to electricity in the air. The more electricity there is in the air, the stronger they are. Thus fighting them right before a storm is stupid and no hunter would ever do so. Thunderlaws aren't very bloodthirsty, thankfully, because an evil Thunderlaw could do a lot of damage. 

The hunters have had a hard time finding and killing Thunderlaws, however, and so their group is still at the same size as it has always been. They like mingling with both humans and other witches and is the only clan of witches that allows members to identify as [other-clan]-Thunderlaws (e.g. Waterhood-Thunderlaw or Chaosarrow-Thunderlaw).

They're associated with the Pleurisy Tulip and humans who see areas where the flower grows often claim they have seen a Thunderlaw witch, simply based on the flower. 


JADEFALL

Surname Lee

Jadefall witches are a large group of witches to the West. Most of them reside in the largest city to the West, Shand, alongside humans. They rarely move outside of Shand. 

Their magic is water bending and most of the times, they use the water molecules in the air. Jadefall witches are split into two groups of witches, one who doesn't mind humans and one who despises humans and want to overpopulate the Region. 

The Jadefalls are the reason the hunters eventually started hunting witches, but they have been joined by other witches from other clans. 

Jadefall witches can do potions as well, but mostly work with simpler potions and they would never try their hand at potions that could alter a lifestyle like the Chaosarrows.

They're associated with the jade, but the gem is rare in the Region.


SHADOWGUARD

Surname Kim

Found all around the Region, Shadowguard witches are residing in cities and towns around humans. They rarely fight and wants nothing more than to just live their lives. 

Opposite their name, Shadowguards have nothing to do with shadows and darkness and their magic is fire manipulating. They're able to rise the temperature around them without getting affected and will do so unconsciously if they get angered or feel other strong emotions. 

Shadowguards used to speak the language of Shemari along with the other 3 Kim-clans but the language went forgotten after they were forced to speak with the humans. Some still use the language for forgotten spells, but it's rare. 

Shadowguard witches rely on sons to carry on their family and rarely consider daughters much. It's very traditional in a sense, but with the hunters, they are now focused on sons more than ever. Mens magic is stronger than womens within the Shadowguards. 

The fruit Nujituce is associated with the Shadowguard witches because of the midnight blue color and the bitter taste. 


EBONFORGE

Surname Kim 

The Ebonforge witches used to live in the Cluhox Caves but was forced out when the Qitas moved into the forest. It was simply too dangerous. Now the share the Ysp Cliffs with the Chaosarrows. There aren't many Ebonforge witches left. 

They are healers and unable to defend themselves and attack. On the flip side they're extremely empathetic and charismatic and they're diplomatic witches. There is no way to win if they first start talking as they'll be able to talk you out of everything. 

Their magic is focused solely on healing and they're alchymists as well, making potions like Chaosarrows. 

They, too, speak the forgotten language of Shemari and they're the Kim-clan that has most members who know the language. Unfortunately they're easy to kill. 

Ebonforge witches are associated with silence and many humans fear that if it's completely silent around them, an Ebonforge will come and kill them. 


CHARFORD

Surname Kim 

Charford witches are a small group of witches who live in and around Jiorora at the East. Many Charford children are abandoned as their mothers believe blending in is the best defense against the humans. A Charford child is therefore usually unaware of their powers, which makes them dangerous. 

Charford witches have emotional magic and the stronger emotions they feel, the stronger their magic. Many Charford witches are known for manipulating ice but are able to manipulate the other elements. The strong point about Charford witches is their emotions. 

A Charford witch that speaks Shemari is rare as many of them grow up in orphanages and such has no one to teach them Shemari. They blend in well with humans because of this. 

Coal is usually associated with Charford witches. Many Charford witches uses coal in rituals but there is no other correlation between the two. 


FROSTWELL

Surname Kim 

The Frostwell witches live in smaller villages and towns spread across the Region. They don't do well in large societies as they're often anxious and keep to themselves. Their ability to blend in with humans is often non-existent but their ability to isolate is so highly developed that it doesn't matter. 

They're connected to nature and their magic often makes use of this. They don't have strong bending or manipulating magic, nor are they able to conjure, but their sensitive senses and their ability to speak - quite literally - to nature helps them flee from hunters.

They also have the ability to both lower and raise the temperature around them.

Frostwell witches, although they know Shemari, usually doesn't speak at all, prefering to talk to nature instead. They can communicate with each other through thoughts but even this ability is rarely used. Many of them are seen as dumb humans in their villages. 

For some reason, they have been associated with the string instrument Sossa. A Sossa creates a melancholic sound and are used in most high-end entertainments. 


BONETHORN

Surname Choi

Bonethorn witches are considered the strongest witches by hunters. They live scattered around the Region and are - like Goldenbrand witches - very independent. Their families are, despite this, often large and chances are that one Bonethorn have close familial ties to another. 

Their magic lies in night magic and they use the moon to gain their strength. Bonethorn witches are competitive and never bow down without a fight. Although often encountered as one, a Bonethorn will never give up without a fight to the bitter end. 

They are not afraid of killing humans and they're definitely not afraid of killing hunters. Some Bonethorns are said to hunt hunters but this cannot be confirmed. 

Bonethorns are, very appropriate, associated with skeletons and bones, particularly animal skulls. A human with an animal bone anywhere in their home will often be considered a Bonethorn witch, regardless of whether or not this is actually true.


FELPIKE

Surname Kang

The Felpike witches are a small group of witches that have stuck together for centuries. They live, for the most part, in the Ceafus meadows. Despite their location never moving far hunters often have a hard time finding the Felpikes and few hunters live to tell the tale. 

Felpike witches are powerful witches and many of them are dedicated to their clan. They specialise in protection magic but rarely helps other witches. They are suspicious of outside movement and able to detect lies in other people, human and witches alike. 

The language of Hetrina is their preferred and many will mess up the human language if speaking. 

Felpike witches do not share the same heritage as Bellowpike witches.

They're associated with fog to those who know them, although few people know Felpike witches and makes the association. 


BRIGHTBOWS

Surname Zeng

Brightbow witches are the smallest group of them all. They are nomads and as such never settle in one place in the Region. 

Their magic consists of telekinesis, telepathy and teleportation and they're extremely powerful. They are legends among the other witch clans but they do exist and are sometimes found. Not one Brightbow witch have been caught and killed by a hunter. 

They talk in the language of Diqesh as the only clan and it takes years to learn so even Bellowpike witches, who loves learning, usually give up on Diqesh. 

Brightbows are mostly associated with the legends surrounding them in the witch community. The humans have never heard of them. 

 

 

 

 
Author's Note Tadah~ Witch clans. 

Kibum is, despite what may seem obvious, not a Charford but a Frostwell witch. His connection to nature has helped him as a hunter, but the anxiety and hiding that usually comes with Frostwell witches are gone because of his upbringing amongst humans. 

So yeah, here you have it. The different witch clans in and around the Region. 

The number of clans that share a surname is lightly build on how many Koreans hold that surname. 

According to Wikipedia there are 10 people in Korea with the surname Zeng - which should, hopefully, also indicate how rare Brightbows are. 
Sleepy Layouts