Best Friends?

It's 2PM

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCMn13jK6wM&feature=related

 

A fluent wave of her hand and a swish of her foot; Aymi collapsed on the floor in defeat. The drone of the clock ticked, annoying the girl into oblivion. Aymi recomposed herself and stood on her own two feet once again. There was a slight limp in her steps as she sauntered towards her iPod. With a yank, it disconnected with the iPod player and paused on the current song.

 

Abandoned”

 

Aymi found herself torn from keeping her beloved item intact, or from being smashed into tiny pieces.

She restrained herself from doing the latter and shoved the music player into her pocket. Glancing at her reflection, she readjusted her hat to conceal her eyes. Content with the position of it, she left the studio.

 

…..

 

“Noona!”

 

It was Junho.

 

Aymi put on a smile as she faced the “dancing machine,” of 2PM. Even though the nickname suited him, it felt strange that the fans insisted on giving the name to him. Hadn't that little pet name belonged to 2PM's former leader? If they were really Hottests, then they would have never given up the title to a current member.

 

“What's up?” she asked. Junho beamed at her with his famous eye-smile. Aymi couldn't help but feel the corners of her lips tug upwards. But suddenly, his composed confidence crumbled down as Aymi looked him in the eye.

 

“I...um...”

 

Fortunately, Chansung came to his rescue. “Hyung, we have to go rehearse. Now.” then, he caught sight of Aymi. Registering her presence and Junho's, plus the fact that the two were alone. . .he smirked.

 

“Unless, you two have something to settle or talk about...I think JYP can wait then.” Chansung added. Aymi quickly shook her head at the sound of the boss' name. No, she wouldn't risk running into trouble with him. Not after what happened last time. Then she could deliberately say goodbye to her job as a choreographer.

 

“N-no...We're fine. It was nice seeing you noona.” Junho nodded before rejoining his group. Aymi watched as the two grown men walked away. She reminisced the first time she met them. . .

 

…...

 

Oh my god! Jay! I can't believe it! You're actually debuting?!” Aymi cried. Even though she wasn't the one making an appearance into the idol world, she was the one crying. Jay grinned .”What I tell you Aymi? And you thought I'd never make it!” he exclaimed. Aymi, even though in tears, managed to punch him on the shoulder. “Shut up! I'm just happy for you Jay...” her voice trailed off as she caught sight of six figures walking into the room. Jay followed her gaze, and grinned even wider at what he saw.

 

By the way, meet the members that I will be leading from now on!” he said, gesturing them to introduce themselves. Aymi quickly rubbed the tears away before any of them could utter a word.

 

Hey, I'm Taecyeon.”

 

Nichkhun.”

 

Jang Wooyoung.”

 

Junsu K.”

 

Chansung.”

 

Lee Junho, nice to meet you!” he said cheerfully. He even put out a hand out for her to shake. Accustomed to bowing in greeting, Aymi paused before comprehending the situation and shook his hand.

 

Seok Aymi, pleasure to meet you all.” she replied. The others just smiled back. But suddenly, Chansung's stomach growled. Aymi laughed while he blushed in embarrassment.

 

M-mianhe.” he mumbled. Aymi waved a hand in the air, dismissing the apology. “Debut diet right? No worries~ Jay has it worst.” she joked. Chansung managed to let out a small smile of appreciation.

 

Come on, I'll treat you guys. After all, this will be the last time you get to go out in public without any fuss.” she added, they cheered in reponse.

 

Hey noona!” Aymi quirked an eyebrow.

 

Jaebum hyung always talks about you; that's how I know your older than me.” Junho quickly filled her in. Aymi glanced over at Jay; unbeknownst to her, his face began to develop a light tint of pink.

 

Oh really...” she said more to herself. Junho nodded his head, catching her sentence.

 

Yeah, but anyway~” he continued. Although somehow, the joy in his mood quickly dispersed.

 

Noona...do you think we'll make it big?” Junho quietly asked. Aymi smiled at his innocence. She just hoped it would remain there even after they rake in the big bucks.

 

Junho, you guys will be one of the best idol groups out there, araso? Anyway,” she gave him a wink.

 

I just know things. So trust me.”

 

…...

 

I came here as quickly as I could...what's going on?!” Aymi rushed into the boys' dorm. Minjae, their manager was busy talking in fast Korean on the phone whilst the boys themselves weren't around to be seen. Aymi dismissed the manager, only caring about the members. Anyway, she didn't have the time to stop and eavesdrop on Minjae's conversation. Although, it sounded alluring and important; she just couldn't waste her time to try to translate the language – especially when it was being spoken real fast.

 

Junho?” she called out into the dimly lit room. But Junho wasn't there, only Jaebum was. He sat on his bed, staring at his laptop. The bluish glow emitting from it cast a dreary look on the leader.

 

Hey,” she softly said in English. Jay looked up.

 

Ay-Aymi? Why are you here?” he asked. Aymi guessed it was safe enough to sit next to him.

 

Junho called me, said something bad was happening before hanging up. Can you fill me in Jay?” she answered. A dark look shadowed Jaebum's face as he looked back at the screen; Aymi followed his gaze. She nearly fell over at what she saw.

 

Oh.....” Aymi glanced at Jay. His arms were resting on his knees, his face covered by his hands' he was obviously distressed.

 

Jay..”she mumbled, feeling numb herself. She didn't know how to make out the situation as well. But her instincts took over as she wrapped her arms around the crestfallen leader. She didn't even need to read past the first comment of the article to know that there were many outraged netizens and people out there.

 

Noon..a?” Junho's head peeped into the room. She glanced at him. He looked down. “Mianhe, I know this has nothing to do with you...But...everyone's just so shocked..and...” she understood where he was getting at. The guy needed someone to turn to, someone who could comfort him from the truth. Someone who was an outsider and didn't know anything..yet. But now that the truth had been exposed to Aymi, she doubted that she could do that now.

 

Junho...I'm sorry too. But..” she looked at Jay. “He needs me. I'll go to you later..if that's all right.” Aymi said. Junho nodded his head and turned away.

 

Yeah...that could work too.” he whispered, walking to Taecyeon's and Junsu's room.

 

You look horrible.” Junsu mumbled, looking up from his bed. Junho rolled his eyes and sat on the desk. “Thanks hyung.” he replied sourly. Taecyeon let out a frustrated sigh. He had enough with looking at the terrible comments being thrown at Jay. And even if he tried fighting them back with his own; the haters just kept piling up.

 

Is Aymi here yet?” he asked.

 

Yes.”

 

Taecyeon peeked over at the younger man. He looked more devastated than before. Not doubting his thoughts, he let out another sigh and rolled over on his side. Closing his eyes, Taecyeon slowly forced himself to sleep. Reality was too much to take right now, and he needed an escape from it.

 

…...

 

Aymi looked out from the window of the cafe`. In seven minutes, she would be expected to be back at the JYP building; working. She fumbled with the straw of her her boba tea, wondering if she could play around with some lie to get out of work.

“Aymi?”

 

She didn't have to look to know whose voice it was.

 

She just wished it wasn't who she thought it to be. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2viJra77UI

 

“W-what are you doing here?” Aymi flinched at the sound of her stuttering voice. Taecyeon casually slid into the seat across of her; as if he was supposed to be there.

 

“It's about Jay.” he said quietly. Even by just hearing his name, Aymi could feel the bad memories stabbing her. She took a sip, an uncomfortable silence reigning over the two. She dared a glance at Taecyeon, wondering how could he have ever mustered enough courage to say that name in front of her. He especially knew how sensitive she was to that subject.

 

But she looked down, knowing better. The two of them were like Jay's closest friends when he arrived in Korea. Heck, Aymi was dragged to Korea because of Jaebum himself. She found a job at JYP, slowly ascending her way to becoming a choreographer, whilst Jay just kept training to be an idol. The two were both inexperienced with the Korean language and culture, therefore, meeting Taecyeon was a miracle for them. A miracle of finally knowing what's digestible and of friendship.

 

“What about him?” Aymi snapped, the bitterness in her voice came out naturally upon speaking about him.

 

“He's back, and...” Taecyeon looked at Aymi. He sighed and placed his hand over hers. He knew how much effort she was already using by just remaining calm about the conversation. He was surprised she hadn't even blew him off at the mention of his name.

 

“You want to know if he's doing well? How's he living? And all that crap, right?” Aymi finished, staring at their hands. It felt weird, having skin ship with Taecyeon. She rarely let anyone casually touch her anymore, even if it was a friendly hug. She just disliked it and only allowed contact with anyone for business reasons. Aka, music videos and such.

 

“No. I wanted to know if you guys have talked to each other yet.” Taecyeon replied. Aymi scoffed and pulled her hand back. She pushed herself out of her seat and grabbed her drink.

 

“Quit being like that Taec, you fully well know that I hate him. See you.” Aymi said in English. Taecyeon watched as she left the cafe. That's what you force yourself to believe Aymi...he sighed, looking at the window. Aymi's figure could be easily spotted with that red jacket of hers. He took out his iPhone, flipping to Jay's contact. Although JYP clearly restricted anymore contact with him, Taecyeon hadn't had the guts nor strength to delete his number. And he had been a good boy; listened to Jin-young's rules of having no contact with Jay anymore. But due to this situation, he was willing to break a rule or two.

 

“Taec?”

 

Man, he really missed that voice.

 

…..

 

You can't do this Jay, please, think about it! You're going to leave everything you worked so hard for! You're leaving us!!!” Taecyeon cried. But Jaebum still continued to pack his bags. He knew, that even if he reconsidered his actions, that quitting would still be his number one choice.

 

What about Aymi?!” Taecyeon shouted, touching a fragile subject. Jay whipped around, slamming Taecyeon into the wall.

 

You think I never thought about her bro?! Because of me, she's had to go through the same hell I've been going through! She almost ing died!” Jay shouted. Taecyeon watched as his leader crumbled down. He gently pushed Jay's hand from his collar. “I know, sorry Jay...I just..can't believe you're actually leaving us.” he quietly said. Jay choked back a sob.

 

I can't believe it too Taec. But, this is what has to be done. We've all decided this months ago. As in, all seven members of 2PM.” said Jay. Taecyeon watched as Jay resumed packing with a heavy heart. He wished for anything, that this was all a dream. Jaebum was really leaving. Both from the group and their lives.

 

Take care of them Taec, especially Aymi.” Jay reminded. Taecyeon nodded his head and watched as Jay gave his luggage to their driver. None of the members had the heart to send him off except Taecyeon. They had all locked themselves in their own rooms, crying, sulking, who knew what went through their heads anymore. . .

 

Won't you even say goodbye to her? She doesn't know anything about you leaving.” Taecyeon said. Jay shook his head.

 

It's better this way...Take care, man.” Jay replied, giving him one last hug. After that, Park Jaebum had walked out of his life – completely.

 

. . . . .

 

“Good job girls! We'll practice again tomorrow!” Aymi clapped. 4 Minute cheered and each bid her farewell.

 

“Looks like unnie has a visitor,” Hyuna whispered as she passed by the girl. Puzzled, Aymi turned around to see Taecyeon. She scowled and crossed her arms.

 

“You again? Can't you leave me alone?” she seethed. Taecyeon shook his head. “Someone wanted to see you. So I though I'd them to your studio,” he answered, stepping aside. Aymi's heart skipped a beat.

 

“J-Jay?” she stuttered, dropping her water bottle. It fell to the ground, creating a huge puddle around her. Jay smiled weakly.

 

“Hey,” he greeted. Aymi's walls crashed around her. Completely shocked, she ran up to Jaebum and threw her arms around him. He hugged her back.

 

“I missed you too baby girl,” he whispered, holding back his own tears. Aymi cried into his shirt, having no mercy for it as her tears soaked the clothing.

 

“Y-you bastard. . .” she mumbled. Jay gave a dark chuckle.

 

“Yeah, I can feel the love.” he joked. Aymi frowned and pulled away from the embrace. She glared at the man before her and slapped his cheek. Jay let go of her and felt the place where she slapped him.

Taecyeon's amused face disappeared. He began to regret sneaking the former member into the building now...

 

“You bastard!” she repeated more strongly.

 

“You didn't visit me in the hospital, you left without a goodbye, and all you can say is 'hey'?!!?!?! I hate you Park Jaebum!” she screamed, storming pass him. Jay watched, numb from what had just occurred. Taecyeon sighed. Even though he expected a slightly bad reaction from Aymi, her real reaction exceeded his expectations.

 

“S-she..” Jay couldn't even speak properly right now.

 

“Go.” Taecyeon suddenly said.

 

“She hates me Taec, what do you mean by go?” Jay replied. Taecyeon rolled his eyes.

 

“Just go. She needs you Jay. Ever since you left, she's been waiting, hoping for you to comeback or at least call her. And if you don't chase after now, then I can't guarantee you'll have another chance of befriending Aymi.” Taec explained. Jay rolled over through the multiple choices he had right now. Oddly enough, he only had a small amount to choose from. He sighed.

 

“All right bro, but if I don't comeback alive...well...I really missed you guys.” Jay concluded before leaving.

 

. . . . .

 

Aymi paced around the empty park. How could he return just like that? She thought. How could he expect for her to welcome him with open arms after what he did?! Was he that dense or something? Aymi shut her eyes and kicked a pebble out of her way.

 

“You really should stop hitting me. You're slaps keep getting painful every year.”

 

Aymi her heel, starting to walk away from him. Jay ran a frustrated hand through his hair and ran up to her.

 

“Hey, I'm talking to you.” he said. Aymi ignored him.

 

“Hey!”

 

No answer.

 

Jay sighed. So he really had to do it...

 

“Aymi.” he said, grabbing her arm. He turned her around, looked past the hateful expression, and planted a kiss on her lips. Aymi's eyes widened.

 

“Yah!” she exclaimed, pushing him away. She rubbed with her sleeve, feeling disgusted. Jay smirked.

 

“Now that I've got your attention, listen to me?” he sincerely asked. Aymi sighed, giving in. Jay was infamous to be persistent when he wanted to be.

 

“I know I've hurt you a lot.” Jay began. Aymi rolled her eyes but kept silent.

 

“And, I know I deserved that slap back there. But Aymi, you got to understand. I never meant to leave you hanging. I left because I cared about you. You, who got hurt because of me. And...” he sighed.

 

“I just want to make it up to you Aymi,” he looked her in the eyes. “And if that means annoying you till you finally agree to let prove to you how much I regret leaving you, then so be it. I missed being your best friend.” Jay finished. Aymi's expression softened by the smallest fraction.

 

“Fine.” she agreed.

 

Jay perked up.

 

“Really Aymi?” he exclaimed, slightly surprised by her answer. He thought it would have been harder to gain her approval. Aymi nodded her head.

 

“Yep, but next time you kiss me I swear -”

 

Jay's laughter cut her off.

 

“Don't worry, I won't kiss you again, bestie~”

 

Not anytime soon at least. . .he thought.