Honey

Don't Lag {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Baekho hums lowly, his bag swung over his shoulder casually. This was honestly the only time that he could relax before he was stuck in that hell hole. A familiar blur of blond hair passes by him relatively quickly, causing him to stop and turn, being met with the familiar sight of a school uniform, bright pink-red shoes, and a blond ponytail. By habit, he was close to yelling at him before his voice got caught in his throat.

He takes in a deep breath in and out, opening his eyes to see that he disappeared from his line of sight. Baekho isn't quite sure whether he feels regretful of not yelling at him or not, and in some ways, he does. Another blur passes by him, breathing heavily as he pushes his limits.

Right there, he wonders what in the world could have gotten into those two.


"Ren, you are the absolute worst!" Minhyun shouted, pausing to lean on the wall as he tries to breath better. He saw how Ren stopped at that before crossing the streets along with the crowd that gave confused glances to him.

The brunet would have cursed out loud if he saw that blond ponytail follow with the moving crowd but luckily that didn't happen. The androgynous boy stood in place rigidly, people walking around him to reach their destination. Ever so quietly, he hears, "I told you that you shouldn't follow me." and Minhyun did take a moment to pause. His realization of the situation he has just thrown himself into does puzzle him.

What the hell was he thinking chasing after Ren in the first place?

"Well- I- he- after-... You said I 'shouldn't' follow you, not necessarily I 'couldn't' follow you." Minhyun coughed as to cover the fact that he was embarrassed to the point that he couldn't say a coherent sentence at first. It was amazing how so little words could affect him so much.

"... Right." The light turned red as the two wait in silence, the beeping of the timer somewhat filling the void of noises.

Minhyun thought that he could have taken a better time to rest before he see Ren suddenly turn and start walking down the other street. He forces himself to surpress a groan, followng after Ren even if he is still out of breath. The street was unfamiliar as far as Minhyun was concerned, starting from big company named buildings to more family-owned buildings.

By then, Minhyun grew a bit tired with the silence, eventually saying out loud, "Listen, I understand that you're a bit... moody but where are you-" Ren abruptly takes a sharp turn into a store with its doors wide open. He pauses for a moment, wondering yet again what in the world is he doing before shaking the thought away, following the blond into the store that was full of bright colored wrappers.

He wondered as to what time it was as he craved for a doughnut.

"Oh, you brought a friend?" he looks over to the counter and see a woman by the counter with a short and curly bob cut. From the other side of the store, Ren doesn't turn as he browses through the candy containers, responding, "Noona, do you not have any more lollipops?"

"Ah, now that you say that, a mother did come here and bought it in bulk. I'll go check in the back for any more," she turns and enters a room to which was presumably the back. After that was settled, Minhyun heads over to Ren, who's grabbing a handful of those traditionnel bonbons that Minhyun became so familiar with.

"Do you only eat sweets all day? Your teeth are gonna rot you know," Minhyun voiced, unimpressed with how much candy Ren was putting into a small, pink basket that the store supplied.

"So are your's," was the quick answer as Ren heads over to the counter, Minhyun following with.

Sassing me. Nothing new here. Minhyun resists the urge to scoff, watching how Ren grabs multiple gum packs too even when they just got to the counter. He chooses to sigh instead, seeing how Ren is tapping a manicured finger against his lip while scanning the counter. "If you're thinking of getting even more then I'm going to force you to leave some of that behind."

"There's no harm in grabbing these," he saw him reach out to grab two thin sticks of honey.

"You're gonna overdose on sugar."

"Don't worry about it."

"Are you really only going to eat sweets for the rest of your life?"

"I could ask the same to you."

Before Minhyun could retort, the woman finally comes back, a few lollipops in her hand, "Sorry for the wait. Raina-unnie was still wrapping a fresh batch. Will five do for now?" Ren answers with a short 'yeah', reaching into his pockets to take out some loose amount of money as the woman- Nana as Minhyun could read from her name tag- cashed in the candy in the basket.

"Are you really going to let him buy all of this?" Minhyun couldn't help but ask.

Nana blinks at him before giving a small smile, "It's okay. I know that a good majority of this stuff is just stocking to last a month or two. I also know that a majority of this he doesn't eat all by himself either." It was only then that it clicked in Minhyun's head, turning to Ren who is receiving his change from Nana.

"Idiot."

Minhyun tries his best to pretend that he isn't embarrassed from being so slow.


They sat at the bench outside, Minhyun's school bag and Ren's candy bag filling the space between them and a tree behind them serving them a good amount of shade. Ren takes two familiar sticks of honey out of his bag to give one to Minhyun, who excepts it quietly. He spares a glance back to Ren, who rips the top of the stick off and proceeds to on the stick. He looks back to his own and mimicks the blond's actions.

It was sweet but not overwhelmingly sweet.

"You'll probably need to talk to your parents when you get home." Minhyun stops and looks over to Ren, who isn't looking at him. He questions, "Why?" and at that, Ren then clarifies, "Because you ditched school today and the school is going to call your parents about it."

It took Minhyun a few minutes before it clicked in his head. He immediately groans and his posture slumps, a hand raised to hit himself on the forehead. "Did I seriously ditch school to go to a candy store?"

"Yup." and he shoots a glare to Ren, not appreciating the nonchalance at the moment.

"Remind me why I ditched again?" Minhyun dares the blond.

"Because you're kind."

The response shocked Minhyun, not expecting that. As an attempt to cover his brief moment of shock he mumbles, "I don't understand." Ren finally turns to meet Minhyun's gaze and he gives a slight shrug, "You don't have to."

They share a moment of eye contact, Ren's eyes still showing that same indifference but even then, Minhyun still tries to decipher some type of hint to what he means nonetheless. His point of focus changes from those dark brown irises to his eyeliner before realizing something. Maybe it was the stark contrast between the tree shade and the sunlight screwing with his perception, but he is vaguely able to make out a faint purple tone near Ren's eyebrow, making his face asymmetrical upon closer view. Minhyun reaches up and his thumb barely brushed against that area.

Ren immediately flinches away from the touch. Minhyun flinched back on instinct, confused when Ren covers that area of his face before getting up and walking quickly back into the store, leaving him behind on the bench.