Change

Don't Lag {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Minhyun looks so tired and depressed of everything already by episode 2 ;-; poor baby...


Minhyun could only spitefully glare at the androgynous boy who held that same non-existent expression. He could barely hoarsely speak, "No... thank you..." before coughing slgihtly. Those weren't the first words that he expected out of someone like him.

"Why? It would be so much easier."

He barely passes a look, "I just... didn't, okay...?! Now leave me... alone!"

"Are you sure? You look like you're in a lot of pain," so was that same emotionless voice that contradicted with his sentence.

"I'...m not..." he hated how his voice was so hoarse.

There was that same dull look as the androgynous boy reaches over and pokes Minhyun in the abdomen, somehow sending a sharp wave of pain throughout his body and making the latter flinch with a pained grunt as he tries to back away but his back ends up running into the legs of the piano that were now too sharp for his bruised back to handle nonchalantly, accidentally letting out a yelp of pain. He hated how there was a moment of silence and it now felt like the androgynous boy was looking at him rather smugly now even though his expression was still unfazed.

"I can help you if you listen to everything I say," he said.

Minhyun had to contemplate as he continued to lay of the ground before letting out a sigh knowing that he won't be able to move without depending on someone, "Fine."


"Aisht all you boys ever know is how to fight it out," the nurse complained as he wrapped up the last of Minhyun's injuries. The adult sighed before getting up, "Anyways, I need to head home now so Ren, I'm trusting you to close up properly for me."

The androgynous boy- now confirmed as Ren- mock-saluted before the door closed, leaving the two boys by themselves.

"... Why."

Ren glances over to him with that same expression, irking him even more as he rephrased his question, "Why now out of all the times possible?"

"I was bored," so was Ren's blunt answer.

"Of course you were," Minhyun huffed, blowing upwards to move a stray strand of hair that was poking against his eye, "What with that dull face of your's of course you would be bored watching violence out of all the things possibl-"

The blond sent a quick and light jab to his abdomen when even though he was bandaged it still sent a wave of agonizing pain as he grunts and curls up defensively. Minhyun could only glare at the boy who still didn't even bother to look his way.

"I was bored watching you get beat up. Grow some guts," maybe there was suppose to be some sort of tone where it sounded like he spat that out but Ren's tone was as indifferent as always.

"Funny coming from the guy who can get mistaken as a girl," Minhyun retorted but quickly curled up again when he saw that finger about to send a jab again.

"At least I have the nerve of standing out."

He glares at Ren for such a statement, slowly asking, "And what is that suppose to mean?"

"It means that you get picked on because you lack the pride- and defense- to actually be you and that's why Seungcheol and his lackies are using you as their target. You lack the ability to actually stand up for yourself," Ren stated it as though it was the most simple logic ever.

Before Minhyun could make a bitter remark himself, Ren turns slightly and his narrowing eyes only showed a bit of emotion but enough to actually make Minhyun feel some sort of intimidation as Ren practically stared directly into his soul, "And what does referring to me looking like a girl mean? Girls can be quite tough too."

He quickly looks away from those judgemental eyes and mutters an apology. There was a moment of silence between the two before Ren speaks up again, "Don't you have to go home now?"

"My parents are on another business trip, it doesn't matter when I get home or not," Minhyun muttered under his breath hating how he was still stuck with someone like Ren.

"Okay, let's go eat dinner then."

Immediately Minhyun was confused as Ren stood up and pulled his headphones down to around his neck, only then realizing that he wasn't blasting music for a while now. Confused, he asked, "Excuse me?"

"Dinner. I'm hungry. Let's go." Ren stated bluntly.

"Why me? I'm not gonna pay if that's what you mean," Minhyun huffed indignantly.

"Well you're the one that agreed to listen to everything I say in return for help, right?"

And it was then that realization struck Minhyun and he lets out groan of frustration, not believing himself for answering without thinking that him finally speaking to him was too good to be true. He was about to deny against such a  thing when Ren interrupted him, "Unless you're the type to break promises." The androgynous boy made Minyun pause, such a sentence causing him to reminisce about something he'd rather not remember, gritting his teeth at such a memory, his action of pushing himself off of the bed being the agreement to such a thing.


"What do you wanna eat?" Ren asked as they walked through the cold streets.

"... I don't eat dinner that much," Minhyun murmured.

"Trying to slowly kill himself- noted." to which Minhyun glared at the ever so stoic boy.

"My ability to have an appetite died a long time ago, okay?"

"Well why else have I been giving you candy?" making Minhyun pause when hearing that.

Just what is he trying to do? He's so... weird... I'm not his responsibility or anything so he could just leave me to die... unconsciously, Minhyun was basically burning holes into the back of Ren's head with his stare before the latter stops and turns to him, asking, "How about doughnuts? You can't just survive on candy."

After following him to a cozy cafe nearby, as much as Minhyun hated to admit it, he was kinda hungry and the warm and fresh treat was something he needed for such a cold night. He took a bite of the doughnut, the treat practically melting in his mouth and washing away the taste of iron with the sweetness of vanilla and somewhere in him, he kind of missed such a thing before he winces as the food had brushed against a rather big and rugged cut on the inside of his cheek from his teeth scraping against his cheek when one of Seungcheol's lackies slid a punch across his cheek- the major reason as to why he tasted iron in the first place.

"Eat on the other side of your mouth."

Minhyun kind of forgot about Ren being with him until he heard his voice and looked up to the androgynous boy who was paying attention to stirring his milk tea with boba with his straw and those slim fingers with black painted finger nails with some having neon pink patterns and he looks down to the latter's doughnut where there was only a small bite on it.

"I thought you said that you were hungry..." Minhyun said in an absent-minded manner as he took another bite from his doughnut and chewing on the side where there wasn't a cut.

"I am." Ren answered simply before taking a sip of his milk tea.

He decided not to question the blond anymore and continued minding his own business. When he finished his doughnut, he saw those familiar manicured fingers push over that doughnut with a small bite in it, making him look over to Ren who was almost done with his milk tea.

"You said you were hungry..." Minhyun repeated.

"Not really." his answer changed.

Minhyun couldn't help but frown before he pushed the treat back over to Ren, "Why don't you eat it. You're the one who looks more like a twig than me."

"... You're kind."

At this point, Minhyun figured that maybe he'd never figure out why Ren acted like so.

To put it to simple terms, he was just... him...