Purple

Don't Lag {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

"Should I even question why you're here anymore?" so was the first sentence that left Minhyun's mouth once he opened the door to the sight of blond hair greeting his sights yet again. He thinks that maybe he should just be glad that the blond didn't pop up at any time during the weekend that passed by too quickly for Minhyun. When Ren shrugs before holding out a paper bag with the scent of coffee, Minhyun lets out a sigh as he takes the bag before closing the door to his house behind him. As he opens the bag to take the doughnut out, he notices that it was a warm brown instead of a honey gold color.

"Why chocolate?" he looks over to the androgynous male who was for once walking by his side instead of leading or following him. Ren glances over, saying, "I thought that maybe you would want a different flavor."

'Different'... Minhyun didn't mind the change in doughnut because after all, it was only a pastry- the only food he'd be willing to eat at this point in his life. As a pastry, it would just be sweet and warm either way, only a small, insignificant change.

If it was small and insignificant though, why did he take notice?

Minhyun noticed how when Ren reached up to put his headphones over his head, his black nails now had small purple details like how his pinky's nail had stripes whereas his middle finger's nail had a large star in the center. When those small details were next to his face with those headphones, there was a small amount of eyeliner at the corner of his eyes, giving a more feminine look to his already androgynous appearance.

"Why purple?" the words left his mouth without a second thought just like at his house.

"I just wanted a different color." Those words left the blond's mouth with such ease and indifference as he reaches for his phone to play a playlist.

He didn't understand.

"Isn't pink your thing though?"

"Purple's a nice color too."

Eventually he sighed, knowing that this conversation won't end with anything useful as per usual. Minhyun looks back to his doughnut before finally taking a bite out of it. The doughnut tasted like chocolate as expected and it was a bit sweeter than the old-fashioned ones. Oddly enough, he liked the chocolate one a bit better.

Purple was a different opinion.


They got to school early again as Minhyun realized by the time they got to campus; however, he wasn't greeted by Seungcheol and his lackies. Yelling and thumps were coming from the other side of school. He figured that another crowd had built from yet another fight breaking out but apparently it was different as a disheveled looking boy ran up to Ren, his face showing an expression for once.

Surprise.

The boy clung onto Ren's arm, pleading, "Ren, please help! JR got into another fight and he won but he won't stop!" The androgynous boy didn't wait for another reply and ran to the crowd with the boy following after him, leaving Minhyun to chase at his own pace. The three squeezed through the crowd to be met up front with the sight of a bruised familiar boy fighting Seungcheol, who was on his back, weakly trying to hold off the former's fist before it made his lip bleed more.

It didn't make sense to Minhyun when he saw how troubled Ren looked at the fight- if anything, shouldn't the blond be completely emotionless at the moment? He wondered why this JR guy had such an impact on Ren.

"Jonghyun..." the blond whispered, and it was enough to stop JR- or Jonghyun- like a spell as he looks up to Ren with surprised eyes, the crowd stopping and staring at the new found androgynous boy too. The crowd and Seungcheol and his lackies only dispersed when Jonghyun got up and spared a glare to everyone, warning them to not even bother with them.

"What are you doing here?" Jonghyun's eyes suddenly narrowed as he practically hissed those words. The question from before rose in Minhyun's head again as he saw how Ren looked away, as though ashamed for his own presence.

"Jonghyun, please don't get angry at Ren again. I was the one who brought him..." the boy from before spoke up carefully.

"Doyoon, I was just trying to get them for hurting you," Jonghyun's eyes softened at the sight of Doyoon, an obvious bias for the latter. A weak 'but...' escaped from Doyoon's mouth that went unnoticed by Jonghyun as he turns to glare at Ren and Minhyun.

Minhyun's gaze drifts back to the blond who was quiet for a different reason. Again, it was odd to see Ren's slight change in presence. Maybe it's because of the purple? Lightly, he taps on Ren's arm, causing the latter to look up to him.

"Do you mind explaining the situation?" Minhyun asked softly, knowing very well how Jonghyun was still glaring at them whereas Doyoon was staring worriedly at them.

"He's Kim Jonghyun and that's Jang Doyoon. They're in the class next to our's," Ren explained easily, almost masking how differently he was acting. He watches how Ren takes a small breath, "This is Hwang Minhyun."

"Don't care," Jonghyun doesn't bother to hide his scoff, making Doyoon panic. The bruised boy turns and begins walking over to the school's main building. Doyoon quickly explains, "R-Ren, I'm sure that he cares for you too. A-After all, it was you yesterday who... n-never mind, see you later..." he ends weakly before chasing after Jonghyun.

What was he going on about? What did Ren do yesterday on the weekend? Is that why he didn't appear? Minhyun didn't deny that he was curious now with what happened to the androgynous boy that included Jonghyun. He was more-so curious as to what their relationship was since the latter seemed to have such an affect on the usually confident and stoic Ren.

Silently, Ren turned and started heading towards the gate, baffling Minhyun as he had to now hold a debate with himself whether to follow him or head to class. On instinct, he took a step in the gate's direction before he stopped at Ren's voice.

"You shouldn't follow me," the blond stated once he stopped at the gates before continuing to walk. The sight of that platinum blond hair and white headphones with bright neon pink details disappearing was too odd for him.

The familiar feeling of frustration returned to Minhyun soon enough, letting out a harsh sigh before running once the bell rang to signal for class to start.