Cute

He Died

 

Jungkook is waiting outside our classroom. He's almost there for an hour and this is the very first time that I was so excited when our Professor dismissed the class.

 

"Hi." He said shyly as he approaches me.

 

"Hello. I'm sorry to keep you waiting this long."

 

"No, it's okay. I know your class ends at 3pm but I just can't help it and come an hour early. 

 

"Enjoy your date!" Nara giggles while shouting it and runs fast before I can pinch her cheeks hard. That woman!

 

 

 

 

We're walking quietly down the hall. It's kinda awkward. 

 

We're not actually going on a date, it is just that he asked me if I could him with his Thesis, he wants me to help him check the grammars and the spelling of his research.

 

 

We arrived at the library and started already. Still, we're quite. I'm checking his papers while his typing something. 

 

 

"Students, its quarter to five already and you only have 15 minutes to study and put the books back to its respective shelves. The library will close soon. Thank you!" Announced by the Librarian and thank God. I'm done.

 

"Here." I handed him his material. "I noted and highlighted all the corrections. It's not that many so you can revise it in no time."

 

"Wow! Really? Thank you so much!" He claps his hand and smile.

 

"Let's go." I said as the Librarian says we only have 5 minutes now.

 

 

"Ahh-- Haru.." Jungkook calls me while scratching his head. "Let's eat?"

 

"Ha?"

 

"I mean.. Do you want to eat some snack with me? As you know, 'a thank you'." He said while holding his nape now.

 

"Cute." 

 

"What?"

 

 

"I said okay." Omo! I never know I could burst it out. I'm just merely saying it to my mind.

 

"Okay! It's on me, my treat!" He hops out the library excitedly and it may be childish but I still found it cute.

 

 

We went to my favorite cafe and I order the usual; my favorite oreo cheesecake and a mocha frappucino and he order the same and added two doughnuts. 

 

We ate with and keep smiling with each other.

 

 

After we finished our meal, he asked for the bill.

 

He's counting his money again and again and again and he looks so frustrated that is not enough. 

 

I called the waiter and hand him my card. Jungkook counts his money again frustratedly that makes me chuckle.

 

He looks at me embarrassed. "Haru.. I'm sorry." He sighed. "Don't worry, I'll pay you tomorrow."

 

"It's okay. You don't have to."

 

 

We leave the cafe yet Jungkook can't stop saying his apology. I know how embarrassed he is but I don't find it embarrassing. He's just so cute and I can't help myself but to adore him.

 

"I'm really sorry, Haru." He faced me and look me at my eyes. I tensed. I know he's sincre but it's no big deal.

 

"It's really okay, come on!" I laughed. "It's not that even expensive."

 

"Yeah, it's not that expensive but I still can't afford it." He said and look down. My bad.

 

"Jungkook, I didn’t mean it that way."

 

"I know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm poor."

 

 

Ohh sheesh! Haru what have you done. Tsk tsk.

 

 

"Listen.." I said but he's still looking down so I hold his hands. And he look up at me now. "It's alright, okay? Don't feel so bad. Let's just say that's my treat for you for saving me and your turn to treat me for helping you will be next time. Okay?

 

"Next time? So there's still next time?" He asked excitedly. 

 

"Yes." I said smiling and now he's also smiling. Happy and gay.

 

 

 

 

And now.. He's walking me back home, still holding hands.

 

 

 

 

Entertwined.