Page 4

Blue birds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I sat on the hospitals roof top as a light breeze nestled against my neck. It seems that I'll be staying in the hospital for a couple more days rather than being let out tomorrow. Of course I understood why they wanted to just keep me in for a little longer.

I had a fit for goodness sake. The feeling was hard to describe, it was like my chest was caving in and suffocating me while my head kept pounding. It truly felt like I was going to pass out. Maybe I should have, at least I wouldn't have had to feel the pain.

"Umji, come on. Let's go back to your room." Letting out a sigh, I follow the nurse.

xxxx 

"Say ahh~" I stared  at my mother as she held a spoon full of porrige to my mouth. Watching her look at me as if to say ' open your mouth or I'll force it down your throat ' was amusing, leading me to finally open my mouth. My father watched us with a slight smile.

After they got a call from the hospital my mother seemed to move into my small room, saying that she did not want to leave my side until I felt better. Of course I objected but she was a rather stubborn woman and refused. My father was also very concerned however he tried not to show it very much, but the little things he did like giving me an extra long kiss on the forehead and a small wave accompanied with a sad smile gave it all away. In typical sibling fashion, both my brother and sister just joked around with me. 

"Mmmm I'm full now. Thank you" it came out more like a child complaining about not wanting to eat their vegies. The woman looked at me to make sure before surrendering. 

I watched as they both left. Even though my mother declared that she would stick to my side, she was still an adult with responsibilities. 

As much as I loved to see my parents, the thought of my mother's previous words lingered in my mind. What did she mean by she and my father were acting civil towards each other now. It was clear that whenever one of them entered the room, the other would move slightly uncomfortably. They tried their best to act like nothing was wrong but, I could see right through them. 

Maybe the stress of retrieving my memories caused my fit. I was thankful towards Sinb and our scrapbook, but whenever anyone told me what I had missed, it just felt like I was listening to a story. It didn't feel like it had happened. 

xxxx 

It was probably around 3 pm when he came back to visit. Much to my surprise he bought a congratulations ballon along with the a box. I tried my best not to frown.

"Hey, so I heard that you were getting discharged to today." He smiled as he tied the ballon on my bed. "We have to celebrate, I got my mom to make a cake and I did all the decorating"

I watched him open a box to see a cake with a pastel violet base, a messy 'Congratulation' written with white frosting and little pastel pink and blue flowers scattered across the cake. It was then when I pushed the cake away and looked down at the ground.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter