Page 2

Blue birds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the early rays of sun light trickled into my room, I stared at the sleeping woman and the snoring man across the room. The scent of lavender filled the air and the beeping from the machine seemed to make the room more alive.

Watching the woman stir, I pretended to go back to sleep. I hear the woman make her way to me and felt her fingertips my hair. 

"Oh dear, I'm so happy you're fine. You're father and I even managed to become civil with each other. I just want you to know, I'm sorry. I'll be back after work, I love you."

After a light kiss on my forehead, she left me thinking. Thinking about what the hell happened that I couldn't remember.

xxxx 

After a very silent breakfast, my father left with a few words and an 'i love you'. I was about to drift off to sleep when I heard the door open, my eyes snap towards it. Being stuck with no real social interaction expect for a nurse that came every hour or so, I hoped for it to at least be someone different.

Much to my delight it was a very familiar face. 

"Sinb?"

The girl was not how I remembered her on my mind...then again, I did have a gap in my memory. In my head she was meant to be a little shorter, straight black hair with a very thick fringe and wore thick glasses.

The person who stood before had dyed brown hair with blonde highlights that was curled, she was average height and missed the thick frames.

"Umji! I was so worried about you when I heard what happened, I'm so glad you're fine." She said with her signature loving scowl. 

"I'm just really happy to finally see someone else who isn't a hospital staff member" I said with a joking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter