Page 3

Blue birds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 weeks. It had been 2 weeks since I had awoken, and for 14 days everything seemed like a routine. Wake up, occasionally throw up, eat with my mother or father, have the nurse check on me every 3 hours, my brother and sister would come and visit every 4th and 5th day while Sinb tried to visit whenever she could. 

I was delighted to hear that I would be discharged next week, I could finally go to school. It seems strange that I was excited to go to school for Sinb, she just didn't get it I guess.

Vernon had only visited me twice and then I never saw him again. However, when he did visit, we talked and talked. He would come in with some snacks and treats that he snuggled in and we'd talk for hours. 

I learnt a lot of things about him such as the bread he would always bring was made by his family's bakery or that he really liked music and that he played basketball.

What surprised me was that we didn't talk about school so much, it was as if he was trying to avoid it. He showed me a class photo after our school festival and I noticed he was at the center brightly smiling while I was near the back.

"Tell me, what was I like?" I said as I bit into a bread with red bean filling. 

"You were very bright, kind and smart" he spoke as he opened a packet of cheetos.

"What about my other friends? I know that we're friends, oh and by the way- I forgive you for whatever you did wrong to me" I said with a smile, however it seemed to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter