Chapter 5

You don't belong here!

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it took so long to update this fic. A lot has been going on. I have less than a month left for ACen and I am NOT even close to finishing my cosplays, plus I work almost 8 hours a day plus I haven’t been sleeping well. Gr.  Another thing, my friend and I will be starting our new fic, a Got7!gang x reader Au very soon, so stay tuned for that. I'm super excited for it. Anyway, here’s the next chapter! Thank you for being patient. Also, I apologize if some of the lyrics in this are wrong. I tried looking them up and each site had something slightly different, so I just picked the ones that sounded like what was being sung.

Chapter 5:

‘5 more minutes!’ You think excitedly. It’s almost time for you to finally see Got7 live! This has been your dream for over a year now. You look around the arena to see it packed. Every single seat was taken. You were so thankful to Got7 to be able to sit front row, right by the stage.

Suddenly, the lights dim. As they do, the crowd of fangirls start screaming, making you cringe. You’re not much of a screamer, so you just wave your Ahgabong like crazy. The lights on the stage light up and you see Got7 rise up from below the stage. You stare in wonder at how amazing the boys look.

The first song they perform is their newest song, Never Ever. You learned he words, so you were able to sing along. When Mark’s part came up, you did do a small shout in support. He, of course, looked amazing rapping, as always.

As the song ends, JB talks through the mic to the crowd. Unfortunately, you were only able to pick up a few words he was saying Something along the lines of “Glad to be here” or something.

‘Man, I wish I studied better’ You internally groan. Shaking your head, you focus on the show. Suddenly, you hear more screaming as you notice the opening to their debut song ‘Girls Girls Girls’. You bounce up and down in your seat excitedly as this is one of your favorite songs by them.

You sing along as best you can with the group. Then, you squeal with excitement as Mark makes his way forward to do his solo.

“Maja naiga mankeon jeokgeon dongsaengigeon nunageon
Nal japgo butjapgo jotago gachi noljago
Nal aldeon moreudeon yeojageon
Neo mwohanyago jjamkanman jom yaegihago
Ssangdungirado issumyeon jokesseo jeongmal
Matrix cheoreom bokjerado halkka nal
Nae momeun hanande duyoneun gyesok isseuni
Every lady wants a piece of me”

The entire time Mark is rapping, you can see his eyes scan the crowd, like he’s looking for something. Soon, his eyes land on you and he smiles. Just as he says “Every lady wants a piece of me”, he bites his lip and winks at you. his action makes your heart flutter.

‘Holy crap, this boy is going to kill me.’ You think as you try to relax your spinning head. You try to refocus on the concert but it’s getting difficult. ‘Damn you, y Mark Tuan.’

The concert goes on. Got7 performed a lot of their music. Your favorite songs that night were Magnetic, Hard Carry, Stop Stop it, I like you, Fly, Homerun and Just right. Each time Mark preformed, he would look straight at you. A few times, the other boys would stare at you too. Although, when Jinyoung would capture your eyes, he would instantly turn red. Clearly he remembered what you told them before the show, which made you giggle.

Once the show ended, you sat there for a moment while the rest of the crowd filed out. You reflect on how amazing this night was. It was one of the best nights of your life and you haven’t even gone on your date yet.

“Oh yeah, I have a date with Mark Tuan.” You squeak out, slumping down in your chair, turning bright red. You really hope it goes well. You really like him a lot.

Just then a security guard comes up to you. “Miss, Mr. Tuan would like me to you back stage.” You look at him in confusion but you shrug and follow the well-build guard to backstage.

Once you get backstage, you get tackled by a tall blur. “Y//N-ah! How we do?!” An excited Yugyeom asks in broken English.

You laugh and hug him back. “You guys were amazing! It was probably one of the best nights of my life!”

The Maknae smiles in excitement. Just then, Mark comes up to the teo of you and pulls the youngest off you. “Hey, let go of my date. I don’t want her crushed.” He glares playfully at Yugyeom, making you blush like mad. He then turns to you. “Y/N, are you ready to go?” He holds out his hand and you nervously take it. You nod your head and squeak out a quiet “yes”.

Mark turns to the rest of the room. “I’m taking Y/N out to dinner. I’ll see you back at the dorm.” He drags you out the door as you wave to the group.

“Yaaah, no fair. I want to take Y/N out on a date!” Yugyeom pouts, earning him a slap on the back of the head from Jinyoung.

TIME SKIP

“So, Y/N, you’re here for 4 days total?” Mark asks, taking a bite of his korean beef.

You nod your head slowly, remembering that your vacation is coming to an end. Mark notices the sad look on your face. He places his hand over yours, making you jump a little.

“You don’t want to leave, do you.” He says matter-of-fact. You nod your head again.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here so much, My dream was to come see you all live. I was so happy just to be in the same room as you guys. But, now that I’ve actually met you and got to know you on a more personal level, I don’t want to leave. I don’t know when I’d ever see any of you again.” You look down in defeat. “I especially don’t want to leave you, Mark.” The last statment made you turn red. “I-I really like you. At first, it was just a mere celebrity crush. But after what you did for me and getting to know you better, now... it’s more than that...” your voice trails off.

Mark just stares at you, processing your confession. The sudden silence makes you very nervous. Suddenly, the idol blurts out, a little too loud.

“Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?!” He asks fast. You blink. It takes you a second to process what he just asked. Your face turns tomato red, as you stammer.

“Y-you, Mark Tuan, want m-me to be your g-girlfriend?” You look like you’re about to faint as he nods shyly.

You shake your head in disbelief. “I-I don’t understand. Why would you want a broke, normal girl who lives alone in the U.S? I’d have thought you’d want another famous person.”

This time, Mark shook his head and looks straight at you, not breaking eye contact. “I never really wanted another idol or famous anyone. I’ve always been a super shy and quiet person. It’s really heard to make me break out of my shell and make me feel comfortable. Maybe because I’m not from here, so I feel like an outcast at times? But with you, for some reason, I felt more than comfortable. I don’t know if it’s because you’re also from the U.S and I just feel better knowing there’s someone else here whom I can talk to, or what. But I love this feeling. You’re so cute, funny, easy to talk to and you work hard to achieve what you want in life. It made me kinda fall pretty quickly.” He stops and stares at you, waiting for your reaction.

You sit there, mouth partly hanging open. Did Mark just really say all that to you? It’s really hard to make you speechless but these boys seem to be doing a pretty good job of that the past few days.

“Wow. I don’t really know what to say. I mean, I don’t think I’m that great.” You return his stare. “But I really do appreciate how you feel. And it makes me happy.” You smile at him, blushing. He smiles back. “But, Mark, I leave in a few days. How would we make this work?” Your smile drops.

He frowns. He knew you’d have to leave eventually but, he just can’t let you go that easily, not after everything he said. Suddenly he get’s a thought. “Y/N, you said that you worked two jobs. I know the one at night was working overnight in a bakery. But what was the other one?”

You tilt your head in confusion, not sure how that’s relevant. “Well, I work at a school. I write lyrics for the school’s choir and I also can do stage and lighting design as well.”

Mark perks up at these new facts. “Y/N, I think I have an idea.” He smirks