Chapter 6 / 비교할 수 없는

...Lost in Thought

Chapter 6 / Incomparable (비교할 없는)

 

Johnny’s POV

“I’ve told you that I heard his name before, right?” I looked straight into Eunsoo’s eyes but just for a while because I am getting nervous in this state.

“And?” she didn’t understand my surprise in voice.

“He is from really rich and authoritative family!”

“And? I still don’t get it. Can you be more stray, please?” she urged me.

“Mark’s father is prosecutor here in Seoul and also in L.A when Mark comes from! And his mother is CEO of the Global Shop Centre! “ I said finally and laid my hands on her arms while looking at her eyes again. Hell, she is so cute when she is looking at me like that and sipping her bubble tea through a straw. What the hell Johnny? This is not right time!

“What? You mean that his father is Lee MinKwang? That Lee MinKang? And his mother is owner of the best shop centre when are the most famous fashion shows in South Korea?” she widened her eyes.

“Yeah. I did some research after you told me his name two days ago. Eunsoo, do you think Jiho likes him?”

“I dunno, I can’t read her now. But she is acting strange when it comes on my main topic called Mark. She is blushing, arguing without reason…yep she does likes him,” she said doubtingly.

“I hope not,” I scratched my head.

“Why?! She finally will forget about that jerk,”

“Yeah, but don’t you listen what I am explaining to you?”

“What’s wrong? So he is rich and has influential parents.” She said like nothing happened.

“Listen, he has surely interesting life that means, his father has written future for his only son! He won’t allow him to date her! For him, Jiho is ordinary and poor girl and yet she is older than Mark. It’s not so much but it’s enough for a man like MinKwang. I doubt he will okay with her,”

“You…are right,”

“I like her, she is really good friend and I don’t want her to be hurt again. She has tons of problems even now. If Mark will date her and his father will find out, he will want to keep her away from his son. And it can harm her life once again,” I said in worry.

Eunsoo looked down and put her cup with a bubble aside: “I didn’t realize that,” she looked at me and grasped my hand: “We can’t allow her to fall for him more. They can’t be together and we have to talk with Mark to stay away from her.”

“But you said you’ve never seen him before,”

“That’s true but I can ask my dad when is Mark coming to the work.”

“Okay but it will be strange. We will come to Mark I will gape at him in dangerous way and I will say Look Mark or how your name sounds, stay away from Jiho!...it’s stupid, neh??” I played a role.

Eunsoo chuckled: “Pabo, not like that. We just need talk with him. About what he feel to Jiho. I don’t know if he even feels same about her since I don’t know him personally. We need to find out about his intention with her. And then we will see, what to do next,” she said calmly. “But now, I want ice cream,” she was still holding my hand. It was so warm, she stood up from the bench and dragged me to the coffee shop for a vanilla ice cream.

“Eunsoo?” I wanted to say finally something to her…but..

“Neh?” she looked so happy while eating ice cream.

“Nothing, forget it,” I said and I messed her hair.

 

Winwin’s POV

I had bad feeling yesterday evening. I can’t explain it, but I was suddenly thinking about Jiho. I hope nothing wrong came. Beside I have to prepare myself. Dress something comfy but good-looking. I am excited like a baby who just received his first teddy bear. I am going out with her. Finally I have gathered all my courage. She is so perfect, so sweet. All I can do properly is thinking about her. And this is my chance. Taeil hyung told me yesterday she doesn’t have any feeling for anyone this time, cuz she is a bit shy and careful when it comes to man. What I know she had one long-standing but bad relationship and even worse break-up. So she needs to feel safer and comfort. I wanna give her my all.

It’s almost time to go out. I am going more than half hour before the meeting. Don’t want to keep her waiting on our first…ehm, can I say date? We’ll see.

 

Jiho’s POV

I haven’t slept at all. I am sop tired, exhausted. I was imagining what almost happened among ne and Mark. What happened was my fault. If even I didn’t act so stupid towards him, it would be normal and I wouldn’t provoke him to do something just to look at him while speaking. But why? Does he really have feelings for me? What’s going on my mind by the way? Did I fall for him too? What about my priorities? They don’t exist anymore? Why is he so unique?

We’ve almost kissed and I wasn’t able to stop him. And the moment his hands touched me… I have to stop immediately! I am such a jerk! I can’t CAN’T play with his feelings!!!

He has great family background, great future. I can’t offer him more. With me he’ll just sink to the bottom. I can’t destroy his sweet life. Mark, I am sorry for making you suffer. I have to lie to you once again. I need you to hate me and send me away from you…

“Oh, I don’t have a time to spare!” I said to myself. Lucky charm I am living alone. Nobody can’t hear my often monologues and to bear my moods when I am in hurry. I wore cute dress in yellow colour since it’s early summer and it’s warm and sunny outside. I took my handbag and phone. When I checked a display, there was a message from Mark. I didn’t even notice when it came. I was scared to open it. My heart was again beating like on race.
Good morning Jiho-ah. I hope you are not angry about yesterday. I can’t promise it won’t happen again, cuz I can’t control myself when I am with you. But I rather be just a dongsaeng to you than to lose you completely. Hope you are going to have nice weekend. Miss you. See you on Monday.

I could feel smile on my face. It felt so warm inside my heart while reading it. But at same time I felt deep pain, like when sharp blade of the knife passes through my body. I knew that I will lose him. There’s no time for me to be happy. Not yet. Fate is playing me once again. I wish I didn’t meet him. Nobody can’t compare to him. He is what I desired for but at the same time, he is the one I am not allowed to have.

I don’t have a reason to be angry, don’t worry :)and thanks. See ya.” Really brief reply, just for feeling I am not ignoring him. It already hurts inside so much. I am not able to even properly catch a breath.

I replied while I was sitting in bus. I was already late for the meeting. When I got off from the bus Winwinie was there. Smiling at me widely. Looking so handsome. Jinja! He is usually so cute but today…consider him kinda hot!

“Annyeng, Jiho-ah. You look so beautiful today. It really suits you,” he said and I blushed a bit. I hate compliments though I don’t know how to react.

“Oh thanks, same for you,” I said looking down. “Where you waiting long?”

“No, don’t you worry. I am here just for a few minutes. So can we go now?”

I checked a time: “Isn’t it too early for a movie?” I said, cuz I knew it’ll begin at 9 pm, and it was just 8.

“Yeah it is, but I changed a plan for us,” he chuckled.

“We’re not going to the cinema?” I was confused.

“Not today. I want to say, we can watch movie anytime. But for me this is really special hang out, so I want you to enjoy it for a real.”

I was red in face I know it. Special hang out? Omo he is so cute. How special it can be for him?

“In that case, I am ready for your plan. But will you tell me about it?” I smiled.

He took my hand to his. I looked at it, but didn’t pull back. I really don’t know why. But I didn’t mind it. “Just follow me. You will see when we will be there. However, did you eat something?” he asked.

“No but I am not hungry right now. We can eat later if you want to,”

  1. am not hungry either, so okay. Come,” he said and we went. I could feel my heart beat faster, not as much as when I was with Mark, but still.

While we were walking somewhere I didn’t know, cuz Winwinie hasn’t told me yet, I had feeling I saw Mark. But I wasn’t sure if it wasn’t just an imaginary. Why I have to think about him even when I am with someone else? Why is the scene from yesterday still replying inside my mind?

“And don’t look so upset today, okay? Everything what bothers you, just let it be from now on,” he said suddenly while walking and he gave me a light kiss on my right cheek. I blushed again. It felt so strange, but alright. I didn’t say a word, just smiled and nodded. I forgot about that I saw Mark just while ago. For a moment I wasn’t thinking about him. I feel like such a noona.

 

Mark’s POV:

I was really annoyed by going on that basketball party but Haechan and RenJun have urged me till I said “fine” to them. I hate these kind of parties.

Me along with Haechan were going to the school’s gym where the party was situated. It was almost dark outside. While we were talking nonsense, I suddenly saw Jiho. I was sure it was her! I can recognise her from far away. Her ginger hair, her graceful gait, pretty shape of body… She is so incomparable. I can’t even make mistake. I smiled and wanted to wave her but what stopped me, she wasn’t alone. She laughing and holding hands with some tall and unknown guy. I felt anger. But wait I don’t need misunderstand her. What if is that guy someone from her family or best friend? It’s normal to hold someone as it, isn’t it? I thought… but he kissed her cheek . And the way he is looking at her! I hate it! Need to know more about him. But he isn’t someone important to her I believe. She almost confessed to me just day ago. She doesn’t have a boyfriend, she can’t. I could feel she wasn’t lying. She isn’t just as other girls.

“Hyung, are you alright? You don’t listen to me for a while,” Haechan was waving his hand in front of my eyes.

“Oh, yeah. Come on Haechan. I feel thirsty on some way. Party has already started.” Haechan was confused after my words.

“I thought you don’t want to come,”

“I changed my mind, so just go!” I said in really nervous and angry way. He wasn’t asking anymore just looked around, but as long he has never seen Jiho in person, he couldn’t puzzle out, what I am angry for.

 

Jiho-ah are you playing some childish cruel game with me? Or are you so confused that you still put me on fire and don’t allow my heart to reach yours? Even if I don’t understand, I won’t leave your side. I’ve already decided for you.

 

To be continued…