Chapter 2 / 너무 아름다워

...Lost in Thought

Mark’s POV

 

It was about 3 pm now. I am still at school but soon I’ll go home, ehm not really. I’ll go to my part-time. I am really excited about that cuz there will be SHE. The girl I helped, then lost and found again. I’ve never felt before the same about someone in such a short period. I was really happy when I saw her there yesterday. It was like to be slapped by the fate. She is really beautiful. But not only face and body. I can feel she is even more beautiful when it comes on her nature. But she needs help. Maybe she will act awkward cuz of the situation week ago. For me it’s just signal that I need to be beside her. Look for her. I don’t believe in coincidence, I am sure that God has just arranged whole story of us. Because for me, it wasn’t my usually path home. I go via another way. Closer to my home, obviously. However that day I changed my mind and chose longer walk.

I realize she is older than me and maybe in case I’ll ask her to date me she will surely reject me. Nevertheless I want to be a friend. It’s enough and it’ll make time to change her mind and gap between us will get lose.

“Mark-ssi, can you helped me with a math today?” my classmate JiEun askedme while I was packing my stuff.

I smiled at her: “I am sorry JiEun-ah, but I need to go somewhere today. It’s necessary for me to be there, you know family business and my father will go crazy when I won’t be there. I’ll help you next time. I promise. Excuse me now I have to go. See ya,” I quickly ran away. Nobody can’t find about me working in some restaurant and certainly not my parents.

“Annyeghase yo,” I greeted at the entrance hall of the restaurant. There was older lady I expect, she is a cook.

“Annyeghase yo. You have to be that new kind boy who will work here. Welcome. I am Sang-hee. You can call me by the name since we are colleagues now,” she reached her hand to me. So nice lady. I was sure I will love it here!

“Nice to meet you. My name is Mark Lee,” I bowed a little.

“ JiHo is waiting on you. She will learn you everything about how things works here. She is really pretty so it will be hard for you to focus,” lady laugh. I raised my eyebrow with a smile. “Who is Jiho?” I asked but I am 100% sure that SHE is Jiho. Who else would be beautiful here? And yet, that name really suits her. It must be her.

“JiHo works here for 2 years already. She is a waitress. Really lovely one,” she said with smile.

“Oh, I see. Thank you. I rather go. I don’t want to to be late on my first day,”

“No problem, see you around Mark-ssi,” she waved me.

I opened the door and carefully scanned whole place if she was there. And yes. She was! Behind the bar doing something. Wide smile again appears on my face. I don’t understand how I can change so fast and how my heart can beat so fast. Is it just enchantment or I really fall in love on first sight? After a long time I am confused with my feelings and I am thinking about something else. Not just unfair life I live in.

“Annyeo, Jiho-ah,” I said and came inside.

 

JiHo’s POV

I lifted my head from my book and closed it. I smiled. So he is here and he even found out. Kyeopta.

“So you figured out my name. Congratulation to you. First task complete,” I winked at him.

“First task of what?” he wondered.

“You never know,” I showed a tongue. Sometimes I myself don’t know what is going through my mind. He showed me again that cute smile. OMG! JiHo stop! What a nonsense are you saying?!

“ Come here we will start. I’ll show you everything what you need to know about work here. Do you have any experience with this kind of job?”

He shook his head innocently. I smiled.

“Don’t worry. Me either. I was learning everything when I came here. But Mr. Changsoo said me one thing. A guy has to learn a lot of things for the first time. So it wasn’t problem for him. And I needed a job so I tried. And see, I am as good as the others waitresses are,” I laughed. Once again I am talking a lot! Have to shut myself. But why I feel so nervous when he is here?

“ I am sure you will be perfect teacher,”

“Hope so, but can I ask something about you?”

“Sure, anything you want to. Jiho-ah,”

“So informally?” I laughed.

“ We are colleagues now, right?” he winked at me and I blushed which is really annoying in this kind of situation. “ Ok, so noona?”

“No! Please it sounds creepy,” it shivered me. He grined. “JiHo is fine,”

“So what you want to know?”

“ Are you visiting college or high school?”

“High school. I am about to graduate this year,”

“Thought so. I’ve seen your uniform before but I couldn’t figure out where. And why do you need to work?” So he is 3 years younger than me, so sad…wait what?

“Just come on other ideas.,”

“So you don’t really need money?”

“Nope, but I want to. I don’t want my parents to give me them to me,” he was talking in puzzles. Okay I won’t ask him anymore. Surely it’s something personal he doesn’t want talk to about. I don’t want look like a curious magpie.

“I am sorry for asking you so much all of sudden, I know it’s not my think,”

“I don’t mind it. You just want to know more about me and it can means something to me,” he winks at me. What? No, he can’t be like that! I don’t how to react on this kind of words!

“Okay, so back to work Mark-ssi,”

 

Mark’s POV

Is this even possible for someone to be so cute? I am falling for her. She is talking so fast and so much when she is nervous. And yet she is nervous because of me!

“ Not so fast, I have to put you 5 questions too. It won’t be fair,” I said with a courage. I know she wasn’t expecting this behaviour of mine. Got you pretty!

“Uhm..okay…hmm..so?” she is so shy and it gives me goose bumps. So lovely.

“Are you studying?”

“Not now, I am on hiatus. Just for this year. That’s why I work here,”

“Are you going to change a college?”

“Yes, because of that jerk teacher,” she said with hate in her eyes. Okay I won’t ask about it now. I give time to it. Only if she wants.

“ What are you studying?”

“Languages,” she said with a shinning smile on her face.

“That’s so good! You are certainly perfect in it. And you are living in that flat alone?”

“Yes, I was there with a friend of mine but she had to move cuz of exchange project for school. And my mother lives in Daegu, where I am from,”

“I see, aren’t you feeling lonely? “

“No because, I am almost all the time here in the work. And when I am not, I go for a long walks or just painting in my room,”

“You are painting? Wow!” so perfect!

“I am not going to answer, it was fifth question and this is where it ends now. Enough to be fair for both of us, right, Mark-ssi?” she got me now! So hilarious!

“Okay, fine you’re right,”

“As always,” she winked at me.

“Back to work,” she said and she told me about everything what was necessary. Showed me everything and I have to confess, it isn’t so simple as I’ve been waiting. So much to learn! But with her in here, it will be fun. I am happy I made this decision of mine. I have enough of parent’s opinions about my job and living. I can freely breath now. Just need to be careful.

 

JiHo’s POV

The rest of the day was funny. We were laughing on everything. Finally my mind was relaxed and I was not thinking about something bad. Iwas smiling from ear to ear. I’ve not done it for a long time. This angel is special I guess. My new younger brother? Or.. I couldn't read my own heart. But I felt good.

“I told you, you don’t need to accompany me home,” I said but he was resistant.

“I don’t want to hear that. I can’t let you go alone,”

“I go alone every time. It’s not problem. I am not scared of the dark!” ok this is a lie just to look brave.

“What did you just say? I can’t here you,” he teased me. “I am glad to walk with you,”

“But what about you parents? It’s night and you are going to school tomorrow. They will worry about you.”

“If only. They aren’t at home. So I don’t care.”

“You are alone?”

“Yep. For whole week. Finally. I am fed up with them.” Ha said like it was a normal thing. What kind of parents does he have? I begun to be curious when I saw in what way he is talking about them.

“So, thank you for your accompaniment,” I said while standing near to the building I live in.

“Your welcome. So see you tomorrow?” he asked with a smile.

“I guess. Good night Mark-ssi,”

“Good night, Jiho-ah.” I have to take my eyes away from, his. It is so hypnotizing. I went through the gate and waved at him. He was standing right there till I close door behind me. So carryng…

 

Mark Lee… what kind of human are you to me?

 

Min Jiho-ah …what kind of angel are you to me?

 

To be continued…