Seven - 7

Our Hearts Confusion (The Ever After)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When he finished with everything, it’s already quarter past eight at that time. A satisfy smile crept on his lip as he looked at the ‘work’ that he had done earlier – specially prepared for his beloved wife whom he assumed probably in her dreaming land. Not wanting to food to get cold, Mino made his way towards the bedroom where Irene currently sleeping.

 

Ever since the two of them started to get better again, repairing the hole between their relationship, Irene had asked Mino to sleep in the same bedroom with her inside the log cabin. For Mino, even Irene might not have asked him to do that, he would do it by himself with or without her permission since the beastly figured man knew too well about Irene’s current condition. Although Irene’s condition seemed much better than yesterday, still, Mino did not want to take any risk.

Deep inside, he realized what Irene needed the most right now.

Him.

Closing the door behind him, Mino quietly walked towards the bed, smiling as he did when his pair of eyes saw how soundly Irene was sleeping at the moment. Her beauty face was hidden thanks to her golden hair that covered half of her face. She was facing another way, the place where he asleep since last two nights. Carefully, Mino seated himself at the edge of the bed, watching Irene as she was sleeping before softly shook his wife’s body then.

“Baby. Joohyun, baby.”

Irene did not react first though but Mino knew that his wife already awaked due to the fact she suddenly rolling to her back, facing towards his direction then. Her pair of eyes were still closed as she took some time to finally wake up, slowly opened her eyes as the first thing that greeted her sight was the image of Mino right in front of her.

The golden hair woman did not say anything though but instead, pulling herself up as she placed her head on Mino’s lap, purposely acted as if she wanted to sleep more, closing her eyes again. “What time is it?” she asked in thick sleeping voice, breathing in shallow breath. “Eight something in the morning. Are you still sleepy?”

“A bit.” She simply answered before then, pulling herself up, totally awaked as her pair of eyes stared at Mino then. “Come on, follow me. I’ve made something for you this morning.” Irene creased her forehead a bit, her heart thumping in anticipation hearing the words came out from Mino’s mouth just now.

Grabbing Mino’s hand that held out for her, she then crawled herself down from the bed, following Mino from behind as the two of them walked towards the kitchen. Irene’s eyes grew in amazement once she stepped herself in the kitchen, surprised to find herself looking at the kitchen island – the island was half-full of a set of variety breakfast for that morning. The golden hair woman could not help but to manage letting out a breathless chuckle, could not believe what she was seeing at that time.

Turning to glance at Mino, Irene smiled a blissful smile towards her husband. “You’ve made all of this? I mean – cook all the food?” she asked, feeling hard to believe how well Mino could cook actually.

Mino warmly returned his wife smile as he nodded his head. “I thought of making breakfast together with you but looking at your sleeping face changed my mind. So, I thought of preparing all of this for you. I hope you like it.” Irene’s lip curved into a grin as she pulled herself to give a quick kiss on Mino’s lip then. “I more than like it, Mino. This is amazing. Thank you for the hand-made breakfast from you.” She murmured as she looked at Mino with overjoy feeling.

“I’m glad then.”

“I didn’t realize you weren’t in bed before.” Irene muttered as she took a full spoon of rice with some dishes on top of it before stuffing into all at once, making her cheeks looked puffy like a goofball.

Mino took some time to chew and swallow the food inside his mouth before answering Irene’s statement then. “I know that you need some rest. Plus, it’s not like you’re having a proper sleep ever since that accident happened to me, right?” Irene stiffen but managed to cover as she took another spoonful of rice before eating it.

“Don’t worry, Joohyun. I’m here as long as I’m still here for you. I’m not going anywhere else. I’ll right here for you, baby.” Mino murmured, glancing at Irene as he gave a small, quick smile before turning his attention back towards the food. Irene was half-smiling when she spoke after that. “We’re going home today right?” she asked him, sipping the hot soup that warmed as she took a gulp of it.

The beastly figured man nodded his head, darting his eyes towards Irene then. “I feel bad already for leaving Yumi too long. I’ve never been apart with her for this long. I bet she’s going to be mad at me or throwing a tantrum maybe. What a mother I am.” Irene spoke, sighing a sigh then as the guilt feeling towards her beloved daughter growing inside her.

“Baby, it’s not your fault that you suddenly ran off. It was my mistake that cause you to do that. Besides, I’ve already told Yumi that you went somewhere else for work. It was hard because she started to doubt my words since it’s been days when you were gone before.” Mino explained, finishing the last bite of his food then.

“She sounded happy when I called her the night where you were involved in the accident. I told her that we’re going to be back soon but I didn’t expect that you caught up in that situation.” Irene said, her voice was low when she talked. Mino stared at his wife, pressing his lip as he could clearly see the sadness reflected inside Irene’s eyes.

One thing about his wife that Mino used to it now, Irene is not kind of person who know how to hide her own feeling or emotion that she feels. If not from her expression, those pair of eyes belong to her could never lie to him. Despite how hard she tried to hide, it was easy for Mino to know whatever Irene was feeling. Although sometimes, he could not catch up about it at the first place, most of the time, he already realized about it.

Irene watched as Mino took her hand, holding her small hand inside his warm and tight grip as he gazed at her while talking, not leaving her under his pair of eyes. “For what had happened between us before, there is few things that I took as a lesson for myself.” He muttered, giving out a small smile towards Irene.

“I learn that how foolish am I to think that I’m strong enough to keep everything within myself. Or how stupid I am to think that I’m doing the right thing although it was the opposite. Or how I almost break our family apart because of what I’ve done to you and our daughter, Yumi. And also, I realize that no matter what, your presence in my life is more than anything, Joohyun. Maybe sometimes, after a while, I forgot how important you are in my life and Yumi’s too. I missed the fact that you are literally everything in my life. Not just my partner, other half and soul but you are my wife and the mother of my own child. Our child together in our family.”

Mino took a deep breath then, bringing Irene’s hand to his mouth as he gently brushed soft kissed on Irene’s hand and knuckles which made the golden hair woman blushed in red, her heart felt as if it stopped beating temporary. “Perhaps, I was too used with you being with me by my side for all the time and when you gone out of blue, it literally gave me some time to think and recall for whatever you’ve done for me and our family. And that’s what I learn the most. This marriage…” he trailed off, pressing his lip as he paused for a moment before continued on.

“It wasn’t just about me, it takes two to make this works. I know it hard, who says that marriage is easy? Yes, it’s going to take some time and this going to be so complicated but, what is a marriage without all of this, isn’t it? I believe that we’re still far from forever but I want this, Joohyun. I want you and Yumi to be with me for every step that I count and take to reach there. Because that’s what make me complete wholly.”

Irene blinked her eyes, feeling the affection and her emotion slowly being touched and reached by him as if asking her permission to give in towards him. Her lip crept into a sweet, small smile as she let out a breathless laugh, looking at Mino then. “Remind me again why I love you.” She said in almost teary eyes before throwing herself towards Mino then, capturing her lip with him as both of them shared a deep and long kiss afterwards.

 

Once the little girl laid her eyes on a familiar figure, she could not help but to let out tears as she ran herself towards the figure, almost tripping herself before landed right into the figure’s arms.

“MOMMY!” Irene had to take few steps backwards due the strong force when her daughter came crashing towards her, crawling inside her arms as she let out a loud cry then. The golden hair woman let out a small sigh, exchanged a quick glance with Mino who stood next to her before turning her attention back towards Yumi.

A soft smile pasted on her rosy red lip as she gently caressed Yumi’s back, comforting her daughter who was still crying her emotion out. “I miss you, mommy! Where do you go? How can you leave me too long?” Yumi asked between her cries, looking up at Irene with demanding pair of eyes.

Mino saw both his parent walked closer to where they three were. His mother then came to give him a hug followed by his father then as the two of them watched their grandchild crying in her mother’s arms. “Oh, sweetheart. Please forgive, mommy, will you? Mommy did not mean to leave you, sweetheart. I’m sorry, okay?” Irene murmured in soft and angelic voice, kissing her daughter’s face few times before hugging Yumi’s small body, rocking her baby girl back and forth as she took some time to comfort the five years old child.

“I’m glad that you’re both returned back home. I don’t know what excuses anymore to give to your daughter anymore, Mino. She’s been asking for you and Irene mostly almost every time she could and all I could do is to distract her with something else.” Mrs. Song said, almost rolling her eyes towards her son then.

Mino could only smile a bit as he shrugged then, taking a seat on the single couch inside the living room of his parent’s house. Irene already excused herself with Yumi with her, heading to Mino’s bedroom as the two people took some time to reconcile back the time where they have been missing. Their daughter, Yumi did not even care at all about Mino at all when Irene was there, totally like ignoring him since the moment she laid her eyes on Irene.

Well, Mino could not blame his daughter though. He did not even feel hurt at all. The beastly figured man could understand more than anything the reason why Yumi did that. Of course, his daughter was missing her mother too much and the fact, Yumi is actually much closer with Irene compared to him. Thinking it back, Mino realized that the reason why Yumi and Irene have such a stronger band compared to him with his daughter might be because well, it’s a mother and child nature bond after all. The other obvious reason probably be because of Mino’s lack of time with his daughter.

Before the incident thing happened between Mino and Irene, Yumi and him spent a lot of time though only that it became much lessen when he got back from Ireland a while ago. Ever since then, Mino had little time to spend with not just Yumi but also his wife, Irene and the fact that he could not deny, he literally did miss his responsibility as the head of the family. Looking back for what he had caused and done, Mino thought that his decision to quit from being an ice hockey player is the right thing for now.

Of course, he’s not going to deny about his passion for ice hockey. He still loves it; it’s a part of his life anyway. But still, Mino needed to think about his family also. And not to mention, his age that not growing to turn younger than before. That’s why, he decided to take part as being a coach for the association that offers him for the position. Being a coach and player, it’s very different thing. At least, being a coach, he has his own schedule and more flexible time compared to a player.

“So, I assume everything is good now?” Mino heard his father asked, looking at him with questioning eyes.

He slowly nodded his head, letting out a deep breath then. “Better than ever, dad. Trust me, it’s hard to comfort a woman’s hurt feeling. Plus, I made a huge mistake. It wasn’t a surprise if Irene ran away though.”

Mr. Song could only shake his head, staring at his son as he spoke. “Well, that’s why in marriage you need to learn give and take, son. You need to have the toleration between both of you. And from what I’ve heard, I also not going to blame for Irene’s act though. She did that because that’s what you put her through. You made her felt as if she’s nothing in your life whereas she’s your wife, son. A wife that you can share problems with. That’s why, every man’s tears and success, there’s a woman behind him. You think whatever I reach and achieve for today is just by myself? No, son. Your mom also the one who helped me a lot. If it wasn’t because of her, our family won’t reach till this far, you know.”

“I know, dad. Guess I’ll still need to learn more, huh?” Mino replied, raising both of his eyebrows.

“You’re not going to stop learning until you die, Mino. That is life. Whatever it is, you always keep learning. Like I said, learning in marriage takes a lot of time and effort. I hope what happened before, you take it as a lesson learn in your life. Believe me, I’ve been through this longer than you are, son.” Mr. Song advised his son, smiling then as his wife came into the living room, bringing a tray along with her.

“Your father is right, Mino. We’re both know that you married at early age but that do not mean, you can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter