Six - 6

Our Hearts Confusion (The Ever After)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The beastly figured man was concentrating on the book that he was reading at the moment; an inspiring story of how a fifteen years old boy escaped from his hell life, been abused more than ten years after he been adopted by a religious family that most people acknowledge them as a noble people; not the kind of people that the boy trying to proof them for their abusive crime.

 

One of the things about Mino that Irene familiar with is his focus and time whenever he spends some time inside the mini library room inside their bungalow. Irene did not have to think hard to find where Mino is if he suddenly out of nowhere because he would possible be whether in this mini library room or at the living room, playing with their daughter, Yumi or watching the television.

Her rosy red thin lip curved into a smile as she approached closer towards Mino who was sitting on the couch inside the room, his back leaning against it, his back was facing her at that time.

Mino was about to flip to another page of the book that he’s currently reading when Irene’s pair of arms wrapped around his shoulder from behind, her chin placed on his broad shoulder. Mino gave a smile towards his wife which Irene returned in respond before the golden hair woman pecked on Mino’s lip then.

“Am I disturbing your moment?” Irene carefully asked, afraid that she might be.

“Not really. Is there something wrong, baby?” A chuckle escaped from Irene’s mouth as she shook her head. “Nope. Everything is fine. Just feeling to be around with you.” She murmured in soft, low tune, tightening her arms around Mino which in return, Mino could not help but to feel a bit concern with Irene’s odd behavior just now. “Is everything okay, Joohyun?” he asked Irene again, this time turning his head around to face Irene.

Irene pasted a small smile on her lip before making her way towards Mino, casually taking her place on his lap which she always does that whenever they were only two of them. “You know that what we dream during sleep is not true, right? That it just our own imagination or over thinking about something.” Irene started, glancing at Mino side eye with the corner of her eyes.

“I had this dream about you last two nights; where you suddenly gone in my life. And the fact that you leave me alone with Yumi behind where all of us could no longer be together. I’ve dreamed about you been dead – out of blue! I didn’t know why I dreamed about that. I mean – it might be just a dream but I’m scared, Mino. I don’t want it to be real. I don’t know if I can survive that. I don’t know if I can bear to let you go from my life after what we’re both been through before.” Irene spoke with worried expression, taking a deep breath after she finished her words.

“I’m not ready yet to face this kind of situation where I have to be separated with you and continue on with my life without you being by my side.” She added more, pressing her lip together then.

Mino exhaled a breath, his lip formed a slight of smile as he closed the book that he was reading before, putting it on the table in front of the couch before turning his attention back towards Irene. “Baby. Hey, listen to me.” He placed his palm on Irene’s left cheek, pulling her face to fully face him.

“I’m not going to promise you that I will be living forever with you because everything on the earth that alive will face death. It just a matter time. What I’m trying to say here is that, I will be here with you as long as I can. I’m always here and I’ll promise you that there will never be a thing that can make me leave you and our daughter. The only thing that we should concern is time. Someday, you and me, both of us will be dead and gone to heaven. Right now, what I want is for us to have this opportunity together to build our own memories that we can remember together. Even when death pulls us apart, we still can hold ourselves together because that is what memories for. Besides, I also can’t imagine myself be without you, baby. How many times do I need to convince you that you are a part of my life and soul? That you’re sharing the same heart and feeling with me.”

The golden hair woman could not help but to feel touched and pleasant hearing Mino’s comforting and warm words. Irene did not know why but for her, whatever words that come out from her husband’s mouth will always able to soothe her feeling and make everything that she’s worrying about wash away.

It’s like Mino has this ability to make her feel ease and calm despite that sometimes she could throw a panic attack or this kind of distress feeling whenever there’s something bugging her mind. And one more thing about Mino, he is quick enough to read Irene especially when she’s facing with problem. Simple fact? She literally could not hide long if there’s something wrong because sometimes, Mino could tell it off easily which did not surprise Irene much.

“You always do that.” Mino’s deep voice pulled Irene back from her train of thoughts.

She blinked her eyes few times, looking at him with a blurry face. “Do what?” asked her then. “Losing yourself in that thought of your mind. Possibly thinking about something, am I right?” Irene playfully rolled her eyes, tapping Mino’s cheek few times as she shrugged away. “Can I ask you something, Joohyun?” Irene glanced at Mino, waiting for her husband to speak then.

“What if one day that dream of yours come true? What will you do?”

Irene was definitely taken aback with Mino very unexpected question. She gave Mino a long look before glancing away, pursing her lip as she thought about his question. “I-I don’t know.” She finally answered after few minutes passed. “I don’t even think about it before. And if I did, I never know how or what to do because I seriously don’t know. The thought of you leaving me and I’m losing you, it just unimaginable. That’s just too far for me to reach and think about it.”

Mino could not help but to smile a little by his wife’s answer. “Why you’re asking me this question? You make me feel more scared with that dream of mine!” Irene complained, pouting her lip at Mino in protest. “I’m just asking, Joohyun. No big deal though. Plus, I think you know the answer.”

A frown appeared on Irene’s beauty face. “Really? And what the answer is then?” she asked Mino back, raising one of her eyebrows then. “That’s up to you, baby. You’re the only who will know. Of course, when the right time comes to you.” Mino said, his lip curve into a smile before he placed a kiss on Irene’s knuckles after.

“Why I feel like there’s something wrong? Something uneasy about this conversation that we’re having right now.” Irene stated, looking at Mino with a deep crease formed on her forehead. The beastly figured man let out a breathless laugh then, shaking his head as he did. “If I remember, you’re the one who bring up this whole topic, Joohyun. So, I’m just following your flow here. You know what? Just forget what I’ve said earlier. It’s nothing though.” Mino spoke, shrugging his body then.

The golden hair woman eyed Mino for a moment of time, still feeling doubt and unsatisfied inside her mind when she realized the fact that she disturbed Mino’s moment to have some time alone to spend for reading. Excusing herself, Irene then pulled away from Mino’s arm that fully wrapped around her petite waist before she vanished herself from the room, leaving Mino all by himself inside the mini library room again.

 

 

For Irene, it was a long ride to the hospital although one of the police officers had informed her earlier that it will probably around fifteen to twenty minutes to reach the place. According to officers, based on what Irene could barely understand and hear out since she was too lost with the current situation and still in a dazed; Mino got hit by a car whom the driver was speeding a little too fast since he was too drunk to focus on the road.

The driver might not have noticed Mino who walking at the side of the road since the area was darker compared to others due to only few light poles placed along the read which also far away apart from one another.

“I-Is he g-going to be fine?” Irene asked in stammering voice, could not find herself to be able speak properly.

“I’m not sure, ma’am. By the time we arrived, both – the driver and also your husband have already been taken to the hospital by the ambulans. Plus, we are here because of our chief ordered us to inform you since we found your husband’s wallet at the scene. I’m sure everything will be fine, ma’am.” Said one of the officers who seated at the passenger side, looking at Irene through the rearview mirror.

Half of Irene wanted to believe what the officer said just now but deep inside her, she could not help but to feel extremely worried with Mino’s unknown condition. What if he badly injured? What if he got hit so hard that he might lost a great amount of blood? And what if…

What if the time Irene reached at the hospital, Mino would no longer breath in this world.

No, Irene. You’re just overthinking! Just listen to the officer! Mino’s going to be fine. He’s a strong person, he will fight all of this. Maybe he won’t be injured that much, right? Irene thought to herself, both her hands that placed on her lap were shaking in fear at the same time.

Irene did not know that they already arrived at the hospital until one of the officers opened the door for her, looking at her with a flick of concern displayed on his face. Irene knew too well what the officer was thinking. Of course, anyone in her position right now would react the same thing. It won’t be normal if you didn’t though. Quietly, she followed one of the officers who leaded the way in front of her as both of them went inside the building.

Since this area is kind of small and a rural one, this hospital building wasn’t big enough unlike the one in the main city where they live. Perhaps, this hospital is probably the community hospital build for the people around in this area since the distance to go to the big hospital at the main city almost took an hour to reach there. Still, if there any urgent emergency or cases that really serious, it will be advised to highly refer to another hospital which are bigger and more advance in term of equipment and such a thing where mostly located at the main city areas.

It was quieter compared to the time when Irene went to a hospital, probably because the time at that moment. The officer walked straight towards the main counter inside the hospital where there were two nurses dressed in a formal suit nurse uniform; one was sitting and concentrating on whatever she was doing while the other one was typing something into the computer, probably finishing up some data or work to do.

The golden hair woman could not even put herself to a normal state as the only thing in her mind was Mino. Is he safe? How bad his injury is? Where is he right now? And the most importantly, did he survive from the horrible accident? Irene squeezed her pair of eyes shut, shaking her head as she tried to wash away the negative possibilities that floating inside her mind. She did not want to think about anything bad that might happen towards Mino. Not at this moment. She needed to be strong and think positively rather than listening to her nonsense and absurd thoughts.

When the officer thanked the nurse, and started to walk again which Irene immediately followed him from behind, Irene’s heart began to beat more rapidly than before. She could feel her breathing became more rapid and shallow, her palm was sweating wet and the fact that she could not control from shaking in fear and anticipation of not knowing what will happen or what kind of news she will be receiving later on.

“You can wait here first, ma’am.” Told the police officer before quickly walked away, leaving Irene stranded all alone inside the hospital, not knowing where to go or what to do.

Irene looked around the long corridor that she did not know how far they have been walking but seeing that were few rooms and doors, the golden hair woman bet they probably in the middle or somewhere inside the hospital. Irene did not know why the officer would suddenly leave her here alone by herself and waiting for something that she did not know what she was waiting for. Will it be good news or a bad one?

Now that she has been thinking, maybe all of this happened because of herself too. If she didn’t make it hard for both of them and did not say the harsh and rude words towards Mino, he won’t probably involve in the accident. He won’t be here in this hospital but instead got back to the log cabin safe and sound. Irene did not expect that Mino would go outside just to buy some food for her to eat since she insisted that she was hungry and need something to eat that time.

God, if she knew this would happen, Irene swore to God that she would never let Mino walked out from the door of the log cabin all by himself. Or at least, went out in the late of night. This is her fault. She’s the one who been hard and cold towards him, pushing him fully no matter how many times Mino already apologized and regret for what he had done to her and also their relationship.

Everyone makes a mistake including Mino and herself. They just human being; they could never run away from being so perfect and not making any mistake in their life. What Mino did before really hurt her including her pride as a wife and woman but still, she loves him no matter what. It just that maybe her ego was blocking her to give in towards Mino that easily and the fact that she wanted to test her husband that made her to keep being cold and uninterested with whatever Mino tried to do in order to gain her attention and seeking her forgiveness.

Irene pressed her lip together, trying hard to not break down herself at the moment. She’s afraid, she could feel that. She was feeling terrified with the thought that she might lost Mino. The fact that Mino will leave her alone with Yumi and that he could no longer breathe the same air like she does and lives in the same world like she is right now. That she needed to face the reality where she will continue this life without Mino by her side anymore.

That could not be happened, right? You will stay alive, right, Mino? You promise me that and don’t you ever dare to break that promise! Irene tried to comfort herself, repeating those sentences over and over again inside her mind, hoping that it will calm herself. The golden hair woman paced around the area, feeling the urge to go and find the police officer earlier who had gone for almost five minutes already.

Right now, she did not have that thick layer of patience inside herself and waiting for something unknown was killing her as time passed by. Irene decided to search for the officer, walking down along the corridor, her pair of eyes glanced at few other ways that she passed through when she reached at a corner where she needed to take a right turn when she heard few voices from the other side, talking or more like discussing something important in low and whisper voice.

“Chief, I don’t know how to inform this news to her. This might be a nightmare and shock for her.” Said one of the voices which Irene could recognize as the voice of the police officer that walked with her before.

“I know. But, you need to tell her. She's h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter