One - 1

Our Hearts Confusion (The Ever After)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The moment he stepped inside the bungalow, a deep breath came out from his mouth as he released a relief, exhausted one. He did not forget to lock the front door with the security system before then made himself across the living room area, passed by the kitchen before finding himself standing in front one of the door rooms inside the bungalow.

 

Slowly, Mino turned the doorknob before peaking inside the room quietly, not wanting to wake up the person who seem to be sleeping soundly inside the room. Carefully then, he closed the door behind him before tiptoeing inside the room as he approached closer towards the single bed that placed at a corner inside the room, right up closed to the light orange painted wall.

Beside the single bed, there was a small nightstand with a round shaped clock and mini lamp table on top of it. Mino’s lip crept into a small smile as his pair of eyes staring at the little figure who was sleeping on the bed, a soft snore could be heard as he listened to the quiet atmosphere inside the room. One of her arms was hugging a medium sized plush mouse tightly as if that toy thing is a part of her life even when she asleep.

Mino then softly brushed a kiss on his five years old daughter’s head before carefully, pulling the comforter that seem to be misplaced already; covering her figure with it then. Looking at his daughter now who just turned five years old few months before made his mind playing a lot of things.

How fast time had been flying. How little of time he spent his time with his beloved one. All of that were lingering in his mind as he let out a small sigh, staring at his dearest child.

Song Yumi, the name that both, Mino and Irene had agree to put for their first child name – the new family member that they warmly welcomed into their married life five years ago. It felt like yesterday for Mino when the first time he held his daughter in his arms, seeing her cute, beauty face for the first time. He stil can remembered the way he held Yumi very careful, feeling like as if he was holding to something fragile.

Her first smile, her first word and everything first about her, he could clearly remember in his mind. And now, he still could not put himself to believe that the daughter that he held in his arms five years ago already grown up to be an active, cheerful toddler who never seem to know the word ‘tired’ or ‘exhausted’. Well, the beastly figure man could not blame Yumi though because it is a nature for kid around that age to be active and like to explore and play things. At least, he knew that is actually a good sign for Yumi’s growth development in her life.

It just that, sometimes, Mino felt a bit sad because he could not be there all the time throughout his daughter’s learning and growing process. Of course, he still be there for her no matter what but with his career as an ice hockey player, it’s not that easy to spend much time with his beloved one including his wife, Irene. He would not have any problem with Irene because Mino surely certain that his wife understands his career that requires him to sacrifice half of his life time.

But, Mino did not certain if Yumi could take or understand just like the way Irene and him do. Maybe, her daughter would understand when she grows up later on but, if talking about at this moment, he did not feel like she would. There were like few times where Yumi already knew to be mad at him or pretend to be sulk when he had to break their promise to spend time together or unfortunately could not make it about something that he promised to his five years old daughter.

Irene did remind him about that issue sometimes but, it’s not like Mino purposely did that though. He’s not the one who can control thing. He just a player like his other teammates who need to follow all the tight schedules, training program and so other things that their couch and their manager team already set up for them. To be truth, sometimes, they also do not have other choices because if they want to maintain their winning and position as one of the top teams in their country, they have to follow everything that been arranged to them already.

That’s why, Mino now was thinking for few possibilities regarding his career. He really loves his career because it is a part of his life and also his lifelong dream but at the same time, he really treasures his family that feel like half of his life. He did not want Irene and Yumi to feel like he is putting both of them far behind and think his ice hockey career is way more important them because that is totally not true.

Yes, Mino admitted that his career is important for him but not as much as his family is. Family is everything what he has now and also for the future. Even before he got married to Irene, his family is the one who gave him support for him to have a career as an ice hockey player. If it wasn’t because of them, he won’t probably be the Song Mino that most people know him in the ice hockey world. He might not be one of the well-known and successful player like he been right now.

Thinking about all of that, Mino could not help but to feel a bit worried and stressed out. Honestly, there is actually few things that he’s been thinking deeply for the past few weeks. Still, the beastly figure man felt not sure whether what he’s thinking is probably a good idea or not.

After giving another kiss on Yumi’s head, Mino then headed towards the door room before walked out from the room, quietly closed the door behind him. Not waiting more, he made his way towards his room – thinking that Irene might already fall asleep since it almost to three in the morning by the time he arrived at his bungalow just now.

A small yawn escaped from his mouth when he walked into his room, feeling all exhausted and sleepy and not to mention, his body felt sore after having a hard, full time training today. He was about to go to the bathroom to wash his face and change to his sleeping attire since he already showered before coming back home; when suddenly his pair of eyes fall towards a familiar figure who was sleeping on the couch right across from the bed inside the room.

Shaking his head, Mino then made his way towards the couch before half-kneeling at the side of it, his hand softly caressed the person’s face as a light smile appeared on his lip at the same time. Unlike his daughter who did not seem to feel disturb at all by his presence, this one was the opposite one.

“Hey.” he quietly murmured, brushing a gentle kiss on his wife’s thin lip.

It took a moment for Irene to become familiar with what currently happening around her as she blinked her eyes few times, a sleepy yawn escaped from at the same time as she slowly sat herself upright on the couch then. “Why you’re sleeping on the couch, baby?” Mino asked with a concern, his finger at the same time brushed few strands of Irene’s golden hair.

“I was waiting for you. What time is it? Did you just get back?” Irene’s sleepy and thick voice mumbled while staring at Mino, her expression at that time were half upset and relief. “I’m sorry, Joohyun. Things got filled up and I didn’t realize that it was already that late. I got here when it almost to three in the morning.” Mino carefully tried to explain, hoping that his wife would understand him and also his unexpected situation.

Irene managed to force a smile before letting out a small sigh then. “I remembered you said that you’re coming back home at one or something. I didn’t expect you would drag the time till this late.” Irene added more, standing up then as she walked herself towards the bed at the center of the room with Mino following her from behind.

“What is that so important that brought you late to come back home?” the golden hair woman asked then, both her arms already crossed on her chest as she looked at Mino directly with one of her eyebrows rose at the same time. Mino pressed his lip tighter, messaging his temple with his fingers as he let out a breath. “Look, I don’t want to start an argument with you right now.” Mino replied back, staring at his wife with an understatement.

“Who ask for an argument, Mino? I just asked you a simple question. I’m not starting a fight or whatever it is here or right now. Just answer my question.” Irene talked back, trying to control her voice from getting higher.

Mino huffed a long, deep breath then; not feeling in the mood to face this kind of situation with Irene at this moment. “Okay, I seriously don’t want us to be in a fight or argument at this moment. Please, Joohyun. What do you want me to answer? What answer are you expecting? I just got back from my training and practices and right now, I’m really tired and sleepy. So, please.” Mino tried to compromise with his wife, not wanting to hurt Irene’s feeling.

Judging by the situation and how Irene questioned him before, Mino did not feel like his wife would let go this easily. “Then, why did you come home late? I don’t know – like two hours late? Don’t I deserve an explanation or something? Or maybe you can start by telling me why you can’t text or call me to inform that you’re coming home late? Is that too much to ask?” Irene returned back with a sarcastic question, eyeing Mino fiercely.

“Look, are we really going to have a battle tongue here at this moment or you can continue to sleep? I’ve told you right. I didn’t mean to come home late. Why you’re asking me to explain something to you if there’s nothing to explain about? Why? You think I’m lying to you right now?” Mino talked back to Irene in higher voice now, did not realize that he might crossed the boundary already.

The golden hair woman could not help but to snap from Mino’s act earlier, feeling afraid and upset with the sudden change from her husband. “You dare to yell at me? Just because I asked you a question? Really, Mino?” Irene quietly asked, totally disbelief with what just happened between them.

“Joohyun, I’m not yelling at you. Okay, I apologize if you think I yelled at you just now. But, no, I didn’t do that – I would never do that to you. You know that I wouldn’t.” Mino slower down his voice, letting out a big sigh then as he approached closer towards his wife, carefully taking her hand into his grip.

Irene did not say anything though, only to be like a frozen statue, standing there without any reaction or expression on her pretty face as she was still shock with what both of them went through before. “Hey, look at me, baby. Please?” she heard Mino quietly pleaded, tucking a finger under her chin then, pulling her face up so that both of them would look at each other face.

“Please don’t do this. I-I can’t bear it if both of us get into a fight or argument or whatever you think it is. You know how I hate it when we had to go through it. Can’t we just forget about this? I’m sorry if you worried about me because I came home late but I am telling you the truth. I got stuck with the time and I didn’t realize it was already that late. Plus, I also realized that my phone was dead since I forgot to change before I went out earlier. And I’m not lying or making this things up, Joohyun.” Mino explained in low voice, holding Irene’s face with both his hands at each side of his wife’s face.

“Are we good now? Are you okay with this? Is there something more that you want me to tell you because I am not going to hide anything from you, baby.” Mino added more, caressing Irene’s cheek with his thumb gently.

Irene still did not say anything but she did nod her head though. “You should go – wash yourself or do whatever you want. It’s getting even late now.” the golden hair woman mumbled under her breath few minutes later before pulled herself away from Mino then. Before she could climb onto the bed, Mino was fast enough to catch her arm first.

“What should I do to make you smile at me first before you go to bed?” Mino asked, half smiled towards his wife then, hoping to lighten up the atmosphere between them at that moment. “Should I sing you a lullaby? Or kiss you so that you won’t be mad at me anymore?”

Irene chewed her lip, slowly shaking her head as she looked at Mino. “Just hurry up and sleep by my side. I don’t want anything else for now.” she muttered then. Mino threw a smile then before leaning in closer towards his wife, claiming her rosy red lip as he kissed her deep and quick which left the golden hair woman in startled.

“I’m sorry, baby. Please don’t be mad at me.” he whispered against their lip before placing a kiss at the corner of Irene’s lip, turning her face into crimson red. “I’ll be right back, okay?” he told her before turned his body around, heading towards the bathroom before disappearing himself into that room then.

Irene could only sigh, thinking whether she just being too much or what. Well, maybe tomorrow she can talk again with Mino about this because as far as she wants to let this thing go, she still need to know why Mino being acting a bit off lately. As if, there something bothering her husband.

Or maybe, it just her the one who overthinking about it?

 

 

“Are you finish? Or is there more that you need to tell?”

The golden hair woman shrugged in respond, letting out a deep, big breath as she leaned herself against the chair that she was sitting on it inside the bistro – having lunch with her close friend, Jinah.

Jinah exhaled a small breath before looked at Irene directly as she opened to speak then. “I don’t get it. Actually, there is one thing that been playing in my mind. Why would you think he is a different person? I mean – did he cheat on you? No, right? Did he forget his responsibilities as a husband or a father? I also believe that it’s a no. So tell me, where is the part that you think he’s changing?”

Irene scoffed lightly, staring at her friend in disbelief. “Are you telling me that you don’t believe me? And what is up with you that always take by his side? Look, I know that you adore and a fan of my husband. But still, are you going to cover up for him every time I complaint something about him? I’m you friend, Jinah!” Irene reminded her, shaking her head in dismay then.

“Hey, that’s not what I mean, okay? And for your information, I’m not the same person who fancies your husband just like I used to be. I’m a married person, a mother to a 3 years old boy and soon enough, Kris and I going to have another baby coming. I’m not backing up him if that’s what you think. I just trying to get know what is the problem between both of you. I thought everything is fine with you and Yumi.”

“I also thought the same thing.” Irene mumbled under her breath, taking a deep breath then. “I-I just don’t know how to say it. I feel like there’s something wrong – like a hole between the two of us. Yes, I can’t deny that he’s being a great father to Yumi but I don’t feel the same when it comes to us. It’s like we’re falling apart, as if there’s a distance between us that pull us away from each other. I don’t know, Jinah. Seriously, I don’t know.” Irene spoke in low, cracking voice as she blinked her eyes few times, holding herself from crying at the public.

Jinah pressed her lip together, looking at her friend in sympathy. “I know that you might think I’m being dramatic but I couldn’t help it. I won’t be like this if everything is r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter