Two - 2

Our Hearts Confusion (The Ever After)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

His voice calling for me to stop from walking out from the room did not even bother towards me anymore. Instead of hearing his words, I let myself walked out from the room – a room where both of shared the same bed and never once ever since both of get along together; I could sleep without him by my side except for the fact when he had to go oversea for his training program.

 

I leaned myself against the door of our bedroom, clamping my mouth as I tried to hide the whimper that trying to escape, feeling the overflowing tears rolling over my cheeks.

What is wrong with us, Mino? Seriously, why I feel like we been distance apart as time passes by? Why? Tell me, why you’re behaving like this? Why you’re making me feel like this? Where did we go wrong actually?

Those thoughts floating in my mind as I stared fix at the marble floor, did not care anymore the tears that wetting my cheeks, flowing over my neck now. Sighing a deep, long sigh, I slowly pulled myself away from the door, sniffing all the way towards my daughter’s room; debating with myself whether I’m getting a proper sleep or not tonight.

 

 

It been few days since the big argument between the two of us. I thought the argument probably the bad thing that happening between us at the moment but I was wrong. There’s something else worst aside from the argument that we had before. The fact that he never apologize and act like nothing happen at all made me felt more upset and disappointed.

And the absurd of all, both of us still can pretending like everything is okay even though it wasn’t. In front of Yumi, we act as if everything is great between us although I know deep inside, both of us hurting with what happened. Of course, we did not want our daughter to know but I might assume Yumi knows there is something wrong between us.

Whenever one of us with Yumi and if the other one happens to walk in to the same place – one of us will walk away, giving excuses like ‘have something to do’ or ‘you play with daddy, mommy have work to do’. I know that it is childish to act like this and just let this hole between us became even bigger but what can I do?

It’s not like I didn’t try. I did. I already did but what did I get in return?

Another stupid argument.

Seriously, I did not know anymore what going to happen between Mino and I. And now with the big argument with us and the high ego inside each of us, I did not think whatever happening between me and him going to end soon. I did not even know if I could take all of this anymore.

It’s tiring. It really is.

“Ma’am? Hello?”

I blinked my eyes few times, looking up to see my secretary, Elaine was chuckling a small laugh as she shook her head, looking at me with apologetic expression. “Sorry for the interruption moment, ma’am. But, there’s something I need to talk to you. Is that okay? Or do you want to take a break?” Elaine suggested, putting a small smile on her lip.

A small sigh escaped from my mouth as I slumped down on the chair that I was sitting on inside the café at the shopping mall. It such a rare time for me to meet my clients outside of my firm especially on the first meeting. Since one of my clients insisted to see me at a restaurant inside the shopping mall, I could not help but to agree with him although I actually not in a mood to meet with anyone. But, being a profesional, I tried to push everything that been lingering in my head, trying to concentrate more on my work.

Elaine came along with me since I asked her to accompany me for the meeting which threw her a bit surprised though. Well, since I always go alone to meet with my clients, she thought that I’m going alone too for this meeting when suddenly I came up towards her and asking her to come along with me and thankfully, she agreed without any hesitation at all.

And now, here both of us having a drink together inside a café at the shopping mall, taking some time after the meeting before going back to the firm later on.

“That’s okay. Just tell me what you need to tell. I’m fine.” I told her which actually a lie because I am not fine. Not at all. Lately, I noticed that I easily got distracted and could not really focus with what I’m doing. Even I tried hard to forget of everything that happened, my mind did not seem to work along with what I ask to. I felt like my secretary did notice about what happening to me but choose to just keep quiet.

Still, I realized sometimes she did ask me if I’m okay or not and I could hear the concern inside her voice when she’s asking. Too bad she’s not the one that I was hoping for to ask me that question. But, someone else.

I just nodded, ‘hmm’ and ‘ahh’ few times and tried to look as if I am paying attention to whatever Elaine was saying when out of sudden, my pair of eyes seem to distracted with something else. I seriously did not know what might happen but I felt like to look around the café area while trying to listen on what Elaine was saying when I realized – no, noticed someone that really is familiar in my life.

My forehead creased as I could feel my lip turned dry, half shock and not believing with what I’m seeing with my pair of eyes. At that time, I could no longer hear the words coming out from Elaine’s mouth but instead, all of my attention was focusing to that particular person who did not seem to notice me at all.

Perhaps, he might not even know that I’m here in the same café with him and seeing him with someone else.

A woman.

The woman with light caramel hair was laughing with a happy, bright expression on her flawless face. She has this light and milky skin, her pair of eyes were round and big and not to mention, her small nose and full lip seem to be completed for a package that I could say as a beauty. Possibly more than a beauty to describe her.

She was wearing a beige color pencil skirt that matched with her white blouse that seem transparent enough for people to know the color of her bra that she’s wearing at that time. Her hair was styled into a high ponytail, giving a shot of how her nape looks like, making her to be stood out even among the crowds. At that time, she was facing directly at him, her full attention was pouring wholly on that particular person as the two of them looked like as in a deep conversation with a bit flirty way coming from that woman.

My mind was telling me to just stay seated and listen to what my secretary was saying at that time but my heart was telling me the other way. I could not help but to feel curious about what happened between that person and the woman sitting next to him. I could not help also but to feel like a pang of stab directly towards myself – feeling completely like a total useless person when compared to the woman that was talking to him.

He looks more comfortable talking to her – his face and body language proof everything already.

What exactly he’s doing with that woman? And who the hell is that woman that seem to be interested with my husband?! Looking at my husband with that sparkly, dreamy eyes. Purposely trying to get his attention by playfully hit his shoulder when she laughed or touched his forearm accidently.

this !

“Ma’am?” That was the only word that I could catch from Elaine as I left her behind; the sound of heels clicking coming from my four inches stilettos could be heard as I made my way towards where the two people were too busy talking with each other, not noticing my presence on their way.

Once I got closer towards them and finally stood between the two of them who seated against me – turned to look at the person who suddenly disturbing their ‘over friendly’ conversation.

“Joohyun.” my name slipped from his mouth.

I did not know how my reaction at that time. Probably mad, jealous or whatever it is that you can think and name about it. The woman who was sitting next to my husband looked up, giving me this look for interrupting her moment with Mino. “Excuse me but who are you?” she asked with that firm, almost annoying voice.

Before I could answer, Mino was the one who talk first, answering the woman’s question which I still did not know who the hell she is and what she’s doing here with my husband, acting all y and friendly. “Yewon, let me introduce you to my beloved wife. Her name is Bae Joohyun, she’s a lawyer.”

Yewon a.k.a the woman who seem to flirt with Mino earlier widen her eyes in shock as a small gasp escaped from . “Oh, she’s your wife? I didn’t expect she will be joining us too. I thought it just me and you, Mino.” I could not help but to roll my eyes as I tried to hold myself from exploding inside this café – not wanting to create a scene here.

“Oh, I’m so sorry then for disturbing both of you. It just that I happen to notice two of you inside this café. But, that’s okay. I don’t think I’m invited to join both of you, right? My apologies.” I stated in low voice, trying to smile although it hurts. I could feel the tears starting to foam inside my eyes.

Mino looked at me as he grabbed my hand in his big, warm grip. “You don’t need to apologize, baby. If you want, you can join us. It would be better if you with us.” He gave me this long look as if wanting to tell me what my mind asking it would be. I shook my head slowly, pressing my lip together. “I should be going, it’s late. Sorry again for the sudden interruption, I didn’t mean it.” I said almost quickly before turning my body around when I felt Mino’s hand grabbed my arm then, stopping me from walking away.

“Let go of my ing arm.” I hissed in firm tone, glaring at him who already stood right behind me.

“Not until you let me explain. I know what you’re thinking and it’s not like that. Please, Joohyun?” he pleaded, tightening his grip on my arms as if not wanting me to walk away from him.

A light scoff came out from my mouth as I pulled my arm from him roughly with strength, shaking my head. “Is there even anything to explain, Mino? Seriously? Is this the reason why we become like this? So, this is it? This is the thing that you’ve been hiding or avoiding from me?” I asked her, not caring the stare Yewon was giving to both of us.

Mino qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter