TWO

Jihoon and Seungcheol

In the end, Seungcheol wasn’t able to do it on during the ferris wheel ride because his nervousness got the best of him and forgot all about the box inside his jacket pocket when the ride began moving.

 

“Where do you want to go next?” Jihoon asked as soon as they reached the ground.

 

“Anywhere you want.”

 

Jihoon looked around and noticed a sign about a event that was happening later.

 

“Can we go see the fireworks?” Jihoon said pointing to the sign and tugging at his boyfriend’s jacket sleeve. “Please?”

 

“Of course Jihoonie.” Seungcheol replied having a new idea.

 

 

They spent a few more minutes walking around before they made their way towards the venue.

 

“Are you thirsty?” Seungcheol asked when Jihoon took a seat on the ground.

 

“A bit.” Jihoon answered. “Where are you going?” he asked when Seungcheol walked.

 

“You said you were thirsty.” Seungcheol said with a grin on his face but actually he was freaking out inside. “I’ll be right back.”

 

Seungcheol immediately turned to the next corner and pulled out the box the ring was in. “Calm down Choi Seungcheol.” He said to calm himself down. “It’s nothing to freak about.” He continued. He went to the nearest vending machine and a lot of things ran across his mind as to how he should propose. “Should I do it when the fireworks go off?” he asked himself.

 

After a long time of thinking and the drink he bought turned lukewarm, he made his way back to where Jihoon was seated and found the younger sitting on the ground fiddling with the grass.

 

“Took you long enough.” Jihoon said seeing Seungcheol. “It’s not cold.” He grumbled when he accepted the lukewarm drink.

 

“Got lost on the way back.” Seungcheol lied and flinched when he saw Jihoon’s disbelieving stare. “Anyway, they’re starting soon.” He tried to change the subject and knew it was a success when Jihoon’s face failed to hide his excited expression.

 

“Who do you love most?” Seungcheol turned to his boyfriend. “Me? Or Fireworks?”

 

“What?” Jihoon said caught off guard with the question. “Are you seriously jealous with fireworks right now?”

“Of course not.” Seungcheol replied. “I was just teasing you.”

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes and took hold of Seungcheol’s hands. “Of course, I love you more.” He said kissing the elder’s cheek. “So, don’t you doubt about that.”

 

Seungcheol smiled and squeezed Jihoon’s entwined hands. “I love you too Lee Jihoon.”

 

Soon enough, the fireworks began to slowly go off and Seungcheol steeled his nerves for what he was about to do.

 

“Jihoon, I have something to tell you.” Seungcheol said trying his best not to sound nervous “I wanted to do this for a long time now.” and slowly pulled out the box from the inside pocket of his jacket. He paused for a moment when he saw Jihoon eagerly concentrated on the burst of colors in the night sky. Seungcheol looked around and saw a couple silently cheering him on.

 

“You should see this Seung—“ Jihoon was cut off when he noticed Seungcheol down on one knee. “What’s wrong?” he asked and felt a tear roll down his cheek when on the next burst of fireworks he saw something glinting on Seungcheol’s hands.

 

“Lee Jihoon, Will you marry me?” Seungcheol said and immediately felt time stood still as he waited for Jihoon’s answer. He was about to give up when he noticed Jihoon nod.

 

“Yes, Choi Seungcheol.”

 

Seungcheol’s heart skipped a beat and let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding until he heard Jihoon’s answer.

 

“Get up.” Jihoon said and felt a blush cover his cheeks. “You’re embarrassing us.” even though the people were much pre occupied with the fireworks except for the couple who saw Seungcheol who was now jumping for joy hearing Jihoon’s reaction.

 

Seungcheol stood up and immediately kissed Jihoon while holding him by the waist. “Thank you.” He said after he pulled away from the kiss. “You’ve made me the happiest man on earth right now.”

 

 

When they got home, they decided to tell Jihoon’s mother the news together.

 

“Please tell me something that would make me happy.” Jihoon’s mother said after inviting the couple in.

 

“Mom.” Jihoon said pausing a bit for dramatic effect. “I have to tell you something.”

 

“What is it?” Jihoon’s mother asked barely containing her excitement.

 

“Marriage plans..” Jihoon paused. “Are on the way.” He said raising the finger that held the ring.

 

“OH MY GOSH!!!” Jihoon’s mother began squealing like a high school girl. “Jihoonie, this isn’t a dream right?” she asked her son for confirmation. “You’re going to get married?”

 

“It’s not, Mom.” Jihoon confirmed with a smile on his face. “You and I are really going to have  a long talk about marriage plans.”

 

“OH MY GOSH!!” Jihoon’s mother once again repeated. “You just made my day by proposing to my son Seungcheol.”

 

“Glad to hear that Mrs. Lee.”

 

“Mom.” She corrected her son’s now fiance. “You should call me mom if you’re going to be part of my family.”

 

“Of course.” Seungcheol replied. “Mom.”

 

“Does your parents now?”

“You’re the first to know.”

 

Jihoon’s mother nodded in response. “Go tell them. I’m going to make some calls.”

 

Jihoon and Seungcheol stepped out of the house and stopped outside Seungcheol’s house.

 

“Told you my mom would be overly excited hearing it.” Jihoon said barely containing a laugh.

 

“I already had the feeling you were right.” Seungcheol replied. “Turns out, you were right.”

 

Jihoon nodded. “Time for your parents to know.”

 

Jihoon and Seungcheol held into each other’s hands as they entered the Choi residence.

 

Upon hearing the news, Seungcheol’s mother could barely hold her tears as she hugged her son and Jihoon.

 

“I’M SO HAPPY FOR THE BOTH OF YOU.” Seungcheol’s mother said between sobs and she turned to her future son in law. “If Seungcheol makes you cry, don’t be afraid to tell me, okay?” she said. “I’ll kick his for you.” And resumed her sobbing.

 

“Congratulations.” Was the only thing Seungcheol’s father said who was also sobbing.

 

“C’mere you two.” Seungcheol said and hugged his parents. “I’m really happy and thankful that you two had been supportive.”

“You’re our son Seungcheollie.” His mother replied. “It makes sense that we should support you.”

 

After a long moment, the couple found themselves sitting in front of Jihoon’s house.

 

“I didn’t disappoint you didn’t I?” Seungcheol said breaking the silence between them.

 

“No, you held on to your word of today being the best day ever.” Jihoon replied barely able to contain a smile as he looked at the ring. “It was that and more.”

 

Seungcheol smiled deeply and planted a kiss on Jihoon’s forehead and trailed down to the younger’s lips.

 

“I love you Lee Jihoon.”

 

“I love you too, Choi Seungcheol.”

 

END OF CHAPTER TWO

 

 

 

                                      

A/N:

 

Thank you for reading and I really hope that you guys liked this update and thank you for the support this story has received.

See you guys soon for the last chapter.