ONE

Jihoon and Seungcheol

It had been a few years since Lee Jihoon and Choi Seungcheol had made their relationship official much to the delight of their parents especially Jihoon'

 

Jihoon felt his phone buzz in pocket and instantly a smile crossed his lips when he saw the name of the caller.

 

“I missed you today.” Jihoon said as soon as he answered.

 

‘I missed you too day Jihoonie.” Seungcheol replied. “But Jihoonie..” he said and Jihoon was already familiar with the way his boyfriend spoke.

 

“You can’t make it today too?” Jihoon asked when he stopped walking. “You promised me.”

 

“I know what I said.” Seungcheol said his voice laced with disappointment with their current situation. “But you know how busy my job can get.” He added. “I’ll make up to you on my next day off, okay?”

 

Jihoon could only hum in agreement and hung up. He stayed in the spot where he stood trying to calm himself down. “You don’t even get a proper day off anymore.” He said to his phone’s wallpaper which was of Seungcheol holding a rabbit.

 

Jihoon let out a sigh and began walking home.

 

“I’m home.” Jihoon said as soon as he had opened the front door and his mother’s head popped out from the doorway leading to the kitchen.

 

“Oh, you’re home early.” Jihoon’s mother said. “I thought you and Seungcheol were going out today.” She continued and quieted down when she saw her son’s face. “He couldn’t make it today too?”

 

Jihoon nodded and he felt his mothter hug him. “He’s too busy with work these days.”

 

“It’s okay Jihoonie.” Jihoon’s mother told her son. “Maybe he’s planning something for you.”

 

“You’ve been watching too much dramas Mom.” Jihoon said with much sarcasm. “I told you to tone it down a bit.”

 

“They’re too good to pass up Jihoonie.” She replied ruffling his son’s hair. “He said he’d make up to you didn’t he?”

 

Jihoon nodded. “He always says that.”

 

“He’s a man of his word Jihoonie.”

 

“I know.”

 

2 days later.

 

Jihoon heard knocking on his front door and opened it to see Seungcheol.

 

“I told you I’d make up to you.” Seungcheol said as soon as he saw Jihoon.

 

Instead of saying something, Jihoon threw himself into his boyfriend’s arms and Seungcheol returned the gesture by holding Jihoon by the waist.

 

“Don’t you dare talk about anything at work today.” Jihoon whispered.

 

“I won’t.” Seungcheol replied and kissed Jihoon’s forehead. “This will be one of your best days ever.”

 

“Every day’s the best with you.” Jihoon said hiding the growing blush on his face.

 

“Of course they are.” Seungcheol said barely containing a smile. “Now, should we go somewhere or should we stay here and show our neighbors how much we love each other?”

 

Jihoon pulled away and went back inside closin the door and opening it again. “By the way, you can come in if you like.”

 

“I’ll just wait here.”

 

When Jihoon went down the stairs, he already saw his mother and Seungcheol was already waiting for him.

 

“Just like the first time Jihoonie.” Jihoon’s mother said. “Remember?”

 

Jihoon nodded. “Of course.” He said. “How can I forget?”

 

“I did.” Seungcheol said as a joke but saw Jihoon’s face contort into something. “I was joking Jihoonie.” He immediately put his arms around Jihoon’s. “You looked cute that day. Pink hair and all.”

“That was probably my bad imitation of teenage angst.”

 

“You guys are so sweet to each other.” Jihoon’s mother said. “Not that I’m complaining.” She added and raised her thumbs as a sign of approval. “Now, you boys go out and have fun.”

 

“I’ll see you later Mom.” Jihoon said hugging his mother. “Don’t watch too much dramas while I’m out.”

 

“I hope we can really talk about marriage plans when you get back.” She told her son in a voice that only the two of them can hear.

 

“Fingers crossed.” Jihoon replied and followed Seungcheol out of the door.

 

 

Jihoon stepped out of the house and spotted Seungcheol sitting in the front porch steps looking very nervous.

 

“Are you okay?” Jihoo asked. “Do you feel cold?”

 

“No, I’m okay.” Seungcheol answered as he bolted up from where he sat. “Let’s go?”

 

Jihoon nodded and entered Seungcheol’s car that was parked right in front of the house.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Jihoon asked as he closed the door.

 

‘I heard there’s a carnival by the pier today. I thought of taking you there.”

 

“I hate carnivals.” Jihoon winced when he saw Seungcheol’s expression drop. “But since you want to go then I’ll give it a chance.”

 

Seungcheol grinned at the response and Jihoon smiled back. “YES!” the older male fistpumped and stopped in embarrassment when he noticed Jihoon staring. “Sorry, I got too excited.”

 

“I see that.” Jihoon replied and smiled to himself. They may have been going out for a long time now but there are things about Seungcheol that surprises Jihoon.

 

As soon as they have arrived at the entrance. Jihoon noticed that his boyfriend was becoming excited. “You’re really into this kind of thing huh?”

 

“Of course. Thank you for going with me though.”

 

“I’m sure this will be the best day you’re promising me.”

 

“Of course.” Seungcheol replied. “Just you wait.”

 

Jihoon smiled and hugged his boyfriend. “I’m looking forward to it.”

 

They spend the day playing the games and Seungcheol getting to win a stuffed toy which Jihoon dared him on.

 

“Let’s go on the ferris wheel.” Seungcheol suggested as he eyed the said ride in front of them and he saw Jihoon freeze for a moment.

 

“You okay?”

 

Jihoon nodded obviously nervous. “Come on.” He said as he moved to the line.

 

Seungcheol followed suite and in his hands clutched a small box.

 

End of Chapter One