Symptom V.

Case of emergency
Please log in to read the full chapter
Symptom V.

 

The more time we spent together, the more I fell in love with Kim Seokjin.

Question: Is there anything that Kim Seokjin can’t do? If yes, what is it?

Answer: Nothing. Seriously nothing. (Although he tries to claim that he can’t dance well, let me tell you that he can dance. I’m the one who’s like a lost octopus when I’m trying to dance, so believe me, I’m telling you the truth.)

On the serious note, I was perfectly aware of the fact that he had flaws and he wasn’t perfect but he accepted his weaknesses and wasn’t afraid to show them to me. I looked up at him as Barney’s vet and as a human being, too. He loved himself the way he was but he wasn’t narcissistic at all. He was totally okay with his weight, his body, his eating habits, so literally he was totally okay with everything.

Small wonder why it didn’t even take me long to get rid of my nerves after our first encounter. I didn’t care whether I made fun of myself by chortling like a dying whale or running after Barney and coming back sweating (and smelling, by the way) because he didn’t judge me or take advantage of the embarrassing situations. I could be the real me and didn’t have to play roles and hide behind masks that the society forced me to put on every single day.

I really wish everyone would find a guy like him because thanks to Jin, not only Barney was able to fully recover but I also gained more self-confidence and self-love. My dog’s therapy was a way for me to find myself and let all those barriers down that I had been building around myself for ages.

However, we knew that this would all end one day since Barney’s therapy was initially only 3 weeks long. In the end, it was a 2 months progress both because of his condition and I guess both because we didn’t want to admit that it had come to an end. Yet, we had to anyway.

“I think we can say that he’s totally fine and doesn’t show any sign of loneliness, nor anxiety. As the examinations also proved, there’s nothing wrong with his physical condition, so we can conclude that it was a successful therapy,” Seokjin clapped his hands enthusiastically and used joyful gestures while giving me a lecture. I was trying to pay attention to him but his words became a blur.

All I could think about was the fact that I wouldn’t need to come by his office every Tuesday and we wouldn’t take our dogs for a walk at the weekends. I wouldn’t see those glistening sparks in his russet-brown eyes and hear his laugh that could trigger immediate giggling from me as well. I wouldn’t be able to see his gorgeous boyish smile or playfully smack him in the chest. From now on, I would miss all the times when I could freely ruffle his raven-black hair or cling onto his fluffy sweaters when a bug attacked me. What would I do without him?

Actually, you may think that I was being overdramatic but we didn’t discuss what exactly we were to each other or how we should act after the end of Barney’s therapy, so I had no idea what to expect.

“Well then, is there anything you would like to ask? Or are you curious about someth

Please log in to read the full chapter