Chapter 4

The Wishlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi is having a dream.

He is all happy, smiling in a field of lilies and his hands are linked with someone else. He turns around to look at the person but he sees nothing. The hand isn’t there anymore and that moment Yoongi wakes up.

He sits up and grabs his phone. It’s only 7 am and he could go back to sleep but that would mean he would have to rush later so he forces himself out of his bed and heads straight to the shower and lathers on body wash before standing under the warm water his eyes closed already feeling relaxed. Once he is done he steps out and puts on his clothes before blow drying his hair.

He goes to the kitchen practically starving and ends up making eggs and toast one of the few things that he can cook quite well.

He washes it down with a glass of orange juice before heading out to work. Today, he makes it perfectly on time and when he reaches his office he finds Jung Hoseok asleep on the chair outside.

It’s the first day of his treatment.

Yoongi nudges the man a little.

Hoseok wakes up with a stir and looks at Yoongi.

“Sorry,” he says. “I had a late night at the studio”

“Oh,”

“The kids have a big competition coming up,” he explains.

“You should rest yourself you know especially with the…,”

“Cancer,” I know Hoseok sighs. “But we have been working really hard on this and I couldn’t even go with them today”

“It’s okay,” Yoongi reassures him. “I am sure they will win”

“Yes, they will,” Hoseok answers with a smile.

“All right then,” Yoongi says. “We should get going”

Hoseok nods standing up following Yoongi to the radiology.

The nurse helps Hoseok on the bed and Yoongi is standing when Hoseok suddenly grabs his hands.

“I…I looked it up on the internet but I just wanna make sure…this doesn’t hurt right?”

Yoongi shakes his head no.

“It won’t,”

“O…okay,” Hoseok swallows.

Yoongi gives him a smile before starting the treatment and he sees the fear on Hoseok’s face. He can’t help but feel sorry for the name.

It’s not a long process. 15 minutes and they are done.

Yoongi helps Hoseok get back on his feet who looks visibly shaken. Yoongi helps him out of the room and then makes him sit on the chair.

“Are you feeling any kind of discomfort?”

“No, I am uh okay,”

“Why don’t you sit down for a second?”

Hoseok nods sitting down and after a few minutes before he seems to have recovered.

Just then his phone beeps and Hoseok picks up and a grin spreads on his face.

“Oh my god,” he says loudly. “First place really, I am so proud of you guys and yes I am coming there soon to celebrate”

He hangs up still grinning.

“They won,” he tells Yoongi. “I am so proud”

“That’s pretty good all credit to you,” Yoongi says.

“No, that would be selfish, the kids work so hard,” he says. “I am really happy for them these competitions are a big deal”

“Congratulations,”

“Thank you Dr,” Hoseok says standing up. “I should get going now the kids would be waiting for me to celebrate”

“All right have fun,” Yoongi smiles. “And same time tomorrow,”

“Sure doctor,” Hoseok says smiling as he walks and leaves and Yoongi watches him disappear before he goes back to his office.

The day is as normal as it could be, him dealing with patients and more patients until it’s time to leave and even though Jackson had told him that he was supposed to wait for him so that they could go bowling together along with Byun one of the pediatricians but by the looks of it Wang was too busy flirting with the new nurse so Yoongi just left.

He could have gone back home but he really did not want to spend all the evening alone for some reason so he drove to Seokjin’s house instead where he knew he was always welcome and of course Seokjin was more than joyous to see him wearing a flour stained apron.

“Are you always cooking?” Yoongi asks as he removes his coat and hangs it up.

“No, idiot, this is baking,” Seokjin says.

“Yeah whatever,”

“Actually,” Seokjin says. “I was thinking about opening my own bakery”

“Bakery, whoa,” Yoongi says.

“What? I don’t bake well enough,” Seokjin asks.

“Of course not,” Yoongi says. “I just didn’t visualize you opening a bakery after studying business for 4 years at University”

“You know just how much I hated business,” Seokjin says. “I barely even passed and it was all for dad’s sake because I wanted me to be his perfect son”

“Yeah,”

“I became a disappointment for him.” Seokjin sighs.

“Come on now,” Yoongi says. “You know your dad has sort of accepted you guys”

Seokjin nods.

“Well, yeah I mean he sends cards and money to the kids on their birthdays and festivals and that is honestly the only way he ever shows his affection”

“See it’s not that bad”

“Yeah, I guess,” Seokjin says with a sad smile. “Anyway, since you are here can you do me a favor?”

“Can you pick Jimin from his dance class, Taehyung from his taekwondo class and Jungkook from his swimming class?”

“Only if I get some of those cookies,” Yoongi says.

“Fine,” Seokjin says. “I’ll give you the addresses and don’t buy them any junk food okay”

“Yes, sir,” Yoongi mock salutes.

Yoongi heads down and gets in the car to pick up the kids. First, it’s Jungkook who is overjoyed to see it’s Yoongi who is picking him up and demands for lamb skewers and Yoongi manages to calm him down and wait for the others. Next Yoongi picks Taehyung from his taekwondo class who immediately runs to Yoongi hugging him as if he hadn’t seen Yoongi just 2 days ago. Lastly, Yoongi drives to Jimin’s dance class.

Jimin waves grinning at Yoongi and his brother when Yoongi spots a familiar face in the crowd, it’s Jung Hoseok. He is also looking at Yoongi now and his face breaks into a smile.

“Dr. Min,” he says. “What brings you here?”

“Wait,” Jimin says to Hoseok. “You know Yoongi hyung”

“Yeah, he is my doctor,”

“That’s awesome,” Jimin says happily. “I always wanted you to meet my dance teacher hyung he is so cool”

“Not as cool as you,” Hoseok says.

Jimin seems to be very happy at what Hoseok said hiding his smile.

“Well, I am glad we already know each other,” Yoongi says.

“Yeah, maybe you can learn some dance from Hoseok hyung,” Jimin says.

Yoongi chuckles.

“Are you up for some dancing Dr. Min?” Hoseok asks jokingly.

“I suppose you are an amazing dancer but I have to decline,” Yoongi says.

“That’s a shame,” Hoseok says. “But if you change your mind just know that I am here”

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Yoongi smiles.

Hoseok grins as he ruffles Jimin hair.

“See you tomorrow then buddy,”

“Yeah,” Jimin nods excitedly.

“Come on then let’s get home,” Yoongi says. “Dad’s waiting for you”

Jimin nods as he starts walking to the car while waving furiously at Hoseok before he gets into the car and Hoseok gives a final small wave to Yoongi who waves back too before getting into the car.

“You seem to like your teacher a lot huh Jimin,”

“Yes,” Jimin says. “He is so cool”

“I guess so,”

“But why did he come to you, is he sick?”

Yoongi clears his throat.

“Uh he had a bit of a cold so I treated it,”

“You treat colds too,” Jimin asks curiously.

“Sometimes, maybe,”

“Yoongi hyung, I am hungry for lamb skewers,” Jungkook whines.

“All right kiddo, we will be stopping for some,” Yoongi says.

“I want hot dogs,” Taehyung said excitedly.

“And ice cream for me,” Jimin says.

“Fine, we are gonna eat all of this,” Yoongi sighs and there are loud cheers in the car.

“Thanks, Yoongi hyung,” Taehyung says. “We love you”

“I love you guys too,” Yoongi says.

They stop for each of the kids’ whims and come back home again.

“What took you this long?” Seokjin asks.

“Traffic,” Yoongi lies winking at the kids.

“Ugh, the only reason I despise driving is the vehicles on the roads, so annoying,” Seokjin says.

“Yeah hyung you are right,” Yoongi says as he sits on the sofa. “Where’s Namjoon though?”

“He must be stuck in traffic too,” Seokjin s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter