Chapter 6

The Wishlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An update after two whole months. Wow, I'm really terrible and I won't be surprised if people forget that this fanfic even exists. I've been awfully busy with college and cram school and hence such terrible updating schedule but fear not I am getting back on track and I promise weekly updates always. So please forgive me and I hope you guys enjoy this mess of a chapter! ❤️

 

 

Yoongi walks into the hospital with his coffee in one hand when he is pulled back suddenly by someone. Yoongi looks over at Jackson who is grinning.

“You are such a player Min,”

Yoongi gives him a confused look.

“What do you mean?”

“Oh, don’t you act all innocent now,” Jackson says. “Everyone in the hospital knows”

“About?”

“You and Chaeyoung going on a date together,” Jackson says.

Yoongi groans internally.

“Um uh yeah,”

“Genius huh Min but I’m hurt you didn’t even tell me,” he says clutching his heart.

“Well, it was um very spontaneous,” Yoongi says. “How did you find out anyway?”

“Byun told me and he heard it from one of the nurses,”

Yoongi groaned audibly this time.

“So pretty much everybody knows now,”

“Yeah,” Jackson says. “Anyway, how was it?”

“It was okay,”

“Okay? That’s all your place or her place…,”

“We were at the movies,” Yoongi says.

“In public…,”

“We didn’t have Jesus,” Yoongi says.

“What?” Jackson almost yells.

“We just went to see a movie,” Yoongi says. “That’s all”

“Not even a kiss?”

Yoongi simply shakes his head no.

“Min, you wasted an opportunity,”

Yoongi rolls his eyes as he continues to sip his coffee.

“So, are you going out again today?” Jackson asks.

“Um no,”

“I have some other stuff to take care of,” Yoongi lies quickly.

Jackson frowns but doesn’t say anything and then Yoongi spots Chaeyoung talking to one of the other nurses. Yoongi tries to look away before she can catch his eye but she looks at him and gives him a smile which Yoongi has no option but to return.

“She is so into you Min holy ,” Jackson says.

“And what makes you say that?” Yoongi asks.

“The way she smiled at you it was so obvious,” Jackson says.

Yoongi dumps his empty cup in the trash as he heads to the elevator. Jackson joins him in the elevator.

“You should really do something when she wants to be with you,” Jackson says.

“Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind,” Yoongi says with a forced smile as the elevator doors open and he gets out of the elevator.

Yoongi sees Hoseok waiting on his phone.

“Good morning,”

“Oh hey morning,” Hoseok says with a yawn as he stands up and follows Yoongi to the radiation room.

“You didn’t sleep?” Yoongi asks.

“Uh no I woke up early to go to the studio,” Hoseok says as he lies down but has to be helped by Yoongi.

“You should focus on resting more,”

“Yeah, I know,” Hoseok says. “I try”

Yoongi nods as he begins the treatment and his mind is clouded with the thoughts of Chaeyoung and he is wondering if he should ask her on another date.

On one hand, Yoongi holds absolutely no interest in her. She is amazing but Yoongi doesn’t see himself with her. In fact, he doesn’t even think he deserves her. She should be with someone younger who is capable of romantic relationships and not someone as emotionally unavailable as Yoongi.

But on the other hand, Yoongi wants to move on. He wants to forget Jihyo as hard it is. He wants to start afresh and Chaeyoung might just be perfect for it but Yoongi can’t make himself to make the move.

Yoongi sighs a little.

He notices Hoseok is done and the nurse helps him to sit on the sofa. Hoseok seems exhausted catching his breath.

“You okay?” Yoongi asks.

“I’m-I’m fine,” Hoseok says and manages to even smile.

Yoongi smiles back.

“How’s Jimin’s dance going?” Yoongi asks.

“Very great he picks up the moves quite well,” Hoseok says animatedly. “Very talented”

Yoongi feels himself getting proud of his little nephew’s talent.

“I always knew the kid was going places,” Yoongi says.

“He definitely is,”

Neither of them of says anything and for Yoongi it’s time to go to his other patients but Yoongi has the strange urge to linger.

Hoseok stands up after a little while and Yoongi is quick to offer support but Hoseok declines.

“Thank you Doc I’ll manage,” he says.

“Okay,” Yoongi says. “Take care”

“You too,” Hoseok says. “See you tomorrow Dr. Min”

Yoongi goes back to work and when it is lunchtime he goes down to the cafeteria and sees Chaeyoung at the salad bar and his first instinct is to leave the cafeteria but again Chaeyoung sees him and waves.

Yoongi can’t be that rude so he waves back with a smile and walks towards her.

“Hey,” he says.

“Hey,” she says.

Yoongi doesn’t say anything and awkwardly stands around.

“Um, why don’t you get something to eat too?” Chaeyoung suggests.

“Uh yeah,” Yoongi says scratching his head as he buys a chicken sandwich and of course follows Chaeyoung to one of the empty tables.

Chaeyoung begins eating her salad and Yoongi unwraps his sandwich. The silence is too awkward and Yoongi is glad when Chaeyoung decides to break it.

“I really enjoyed the movie,” she says not meeting Yoongi’s eyes as she twirls her spoon in the lettuce.

“Um yeah me too,” Yoongi lies through his cheek.

Chaeyoung finally looks up and smiles.

Yoongi only smiles back.

Chaeyoung begins eating and so does Yoongi.

“So um,” Chaeyoung begins hesitantly.

“Yes,”

“Are you busy tonight?”

Yoongi is sure he is hearing things. How can it be possible that a girl like Chaeyoung is possibly asking him if he is free for a date?

“Yeah I am,”

“Cool,” she says in a casual tone eating her salad.

A part of Yoongi’s mind is screaming to take the chance and go for it ask her out on a date.

‘DO IT’ it screams.

Yoongi takes a deep breath.

“Um, so would you like to hang out today with me?” he asks.

 

 

Yoongi IA admittedly blown away when he sees Chaeyoung walk towards him while he is waiting for her outside his car. She has changed into a pair of dress that is such a contrast from her usual nurse outfit. Her black hair hangs around her shoulders in wave and she is just wearing enough makeup.

“I am um sorry I got a bit late,”

“Oh it’s nothing,” Yoongi assures her as he opens the car door of her.

She gets in with a smile.

Yoongi gets in the car and starts it when Chaeyoung stops him.

“Wait, where are we going?”

“Um I was thinking we could grab some dinner,”

“Oh,” Chaeyoung says. “Would you mind if I suggest something else?”

“Uh no,”

“We can go to a bar,” she says. “All my friends rave about one and I’ve never been there…,”

So maybe all the young people liked going to bars for dates now…and if Chaeyoung wanted it who was he to say no.

“Sure,”

Chaeyoung grins and tells Yoongi the address of the bar. Yoongi starts driving and luckily they barely get any traffic and before Yoongi knows he is at the bar. Yoongi manages to find a parking spot with great difficulty and gets in. It’s crowded filled with people to the brim and it’s a weekday. Yoongi can only imagine what it must be like on weekends.

There is excessively loud music playing and people are dancing. Yoongi has an overwhelming desire to leave but he looks over at Chaeyoung who seems in awe. Maybe Yoongi really is getting too old…

“We should get some drinks,” Chaeyoung says.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter