Cycle of Love

Heart Click
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***

"Hello,mom?"

[Where are you now?]

"I'm on my way to my dorm,why?"

[Oh,nothing. I just want to make sure your ok]

"Aigoo,mom I'm not a child,ok? I can take care of myself"

[Whatever you say. Just take care of yourself in there,ok? ]

"I will. Don't worry"

[Ok.I'll hang-up now. I have works to do]

"Ok mom,take care and bye"

[You too]

As the call ended. Wendy immediately put her phone back to her pants pocket as she adjust the strap of her backpack and tighten her grip on her suitcase. Lifting her head to look at the tall building infront of her.Heaving a deep sigh as she started to walked inside.

 

This is where her journey started. Living in Canada for almost all of her life and after more than 11 years decided to go back to Korea to continue her study. It was really a great challenge for her. It's not like she don't want to live in Canada together with her parents and sister it just like she want to try something,she want to test herself and train herself to be independent. At first her parents didn't agree to it when she told them about it but when she explained to them everything they soon agreed.

 

The first thing to do if your a transferee in a school is to get a better dorm that will serve as your shelter until the end of the school year.

Standing outside the room no.7 as she hold the room key on her free hand. She's actually nervous. This is the first time she will live away from her parents. She don't have any idea how to socialize to the other people and that's her no.1 weakness.

 

"Ok.Wendy,you need to relax.Inhale.exhale" she said as she do the routine before heaving a long deep sigh. She position the back of her hand on the door and knock on it. She did almost three knock before the door finally opened revealing a goddess wearing a white tank top and a pink sweatpant,her hair is messy maybe she just woke up with her eyes half-lidded.

"Yes?" She asked in a sleepy tone of voice as she yawned covering with her hands

"I..Hi! I'm Son Wendy. Your new roommate!" She said as she bow her head in 90 degree. Cause one of her friend in Canada told her that in Korea they used to do it to show respect. A minute after she slowly lifted her head and face the latter but she suddenly gulp the lump in when she saw the girl looking at her as in directly looking at her with her beautiful eyes now completely open.

"What are you doing?" She asked lifting her left eyebrow

"Ahm,,bowing?" she said not completely sure about her answer

"Bowing?for?"the girl asked again as she crossed her arms on her chest

"Ahm..showing respect?" 

There's a brief silence after that but not until the girl suddenly burst out into a loud laughter that echoed along the hallway of the building where she is standing. Wendy arches her eyebrows as the girl continue laughing. 

Ok she's beautiful,serious or not but what's up with this girl? Is she by chance..crazy? Laughing without a reason..

"What's funny?" Wendy asked causing the woman to slowly stop from laughing as she wipe the tears at the edge of her eyes.

"Oh,sorry.I can't just help it. Your such an old-fashioned,really" she said as she tried to hold her laughter coming out from

"Old-fashioned?" 

"Yes! You know,bowing infront of someone is not really up-to-date. We're in a modern days you know,and doing that kind of thing is...strange" she said as she specified the last word

"Strange? But my friend told me that's a sign of showing respect here in korea" she defended

"Wait! Don't tell me your not a korean?"

"I am a korean but I live in canada"

"Oh?really? So that means I'll be having a foreigh-foreig-"

"Foreigner"

"Yeah that's right! A Foreigner roommate!" The girl said cheerfully as she softly chuckled

 

She's really weird.

"Ahm,miss? Can I get inside now? You know my bag is kinda heavy" Wendy said as she try to get the latter's attention

The girl slowly stop from chuckling as she look at her again with her serious face causing Wendy to gulp the lump in

"W-what?"

"Before I let you in"she paused as she locked her gazed on her

 

I am right! This girl is crazy or Bipolar in other word

 

 

"I'll just want to inform you that there are rules that you need to follow inside this dorm room"

"Rules?"

"Yes! First"she said as she put her index finger infront of Wendy"Mind your own business. Meaning,what is mine is mine and what is yours is yours. Second." She continue as she put her middle finger next to the first one"Turn off the light as early as possible. You know, I cant sleep when the light are turn on. I hate it" she whisper the last word but enough for Wendy to hear"And last but not the least...Don't you dare have a crush on me or else I push you out of this room" she warned while glaring at her

"What??!" Wendy reacted in a high pitched tone of voice with a surprise expression in her face

"Yes?"

"W-why..Why did you think I will have a crush on you? I'm-I'm a girl" she defended

"I know" the girl answered nonchalant

"You know. But I still don't understand why your thinking that I will be having a crush on you in the future!"

"Simple,cutie pie. I am the most popular girl in this school. I have many admirers,both guys and even girls. Infact I have a girl's suitors who were trying to hit on me. And just to inform you, all of my past roommate has a romantic interest on me but I never let them succeed on their plans so..I dump them and that's the reason why your here" the girl explained

Wendy was more surpriuse with the sudden revelation as she froze on her spot and the only thing she did was to form an 'O' shape in

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scared you I'm just  being practical"

"You know,I can't still believe that you thought all of the girls on this planet is head over heels for you" she blunted causing the latter to laugh

"You're really blunt" she said between her laugh"Ok! So much for the talking. We get inside now. I'll show you your room" the girl added as she walked ahead of Wendy while she followed her behind.

 

***

Wendy's first week in korea became her horrible nightmare. It was like she's a lost puppy having nothing in her. She was more on adopting stage. But she's more thankful that Irene was there to help her(Irene is her roommate name. According to her,her name means goddess of peace which Wendy agreed about because Irene is truly a goddess. Her beauty is one of a kind. Wendy wonder how a perfect creature like her exist in this world. Her roommate is truly attractive but for Wendy it's just normal not in a romantic way or that was she thought). But despite of Irene being kind to her, they're not really that close. Wendy find out sooner that Irene is an introvert. She always choose to stay at home or sometimes lock herself inside her room. She's reserved and serious type of person,opposite to what Wendy's first impression on her. They rarely talked. Wendy almost count in her fingers the times she had a longer conversation with Irene. 

 But everything comes to change. It was here 3rd week living with Irene. She was busy preparing for their breakfast(which she usually did every morning since Irene always woke up late than her)when she felt something warm from her behind. It's startled her causing the plate in her hand to slip and fall on the floor.

"Unnie! My God! Your going to kill me with too much shock!" She complained with a pout causing Irene to burst out into a loud laughter.

It's always a routine of Irene hugging her from behind when she woke up in the morning and find her preparing foods in the kitchen. At first It always startled Wendy because of the sudden contact but as the days passed she manage to be used to it and it became normal thing to them even if they don't uttered any words it was more comforting with a simple 'good morning'.

The weeks that followed,Irene became clingy to her. She usually the first one to initiate physical contact in purpose or not. At first it really confuses Wendy on why Irene became like that to her and one day she decided to ask her. 

It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter