Chapter 2-Hopes of Passing the Interview

I'm a SPY not a BABYSITTER!

I heard a long whistle, coming from my bedroom doorway. I gasped, as I turned around from looking in my body mirror. “Damn, you actually look good!” Junsu grinned. I blushed, “YAH! SHUT UP!” I looked back in the mirror. “Anyway, how in the world did you get in?”

“Well, duh! I used your front door,” Junsu pointed behind him. I clenched my teeth. “That’s not what I mean!”

“Oh! Your door was unlocked. You should make sure to lock the door. I don’t want my little Yeonin to get hurt,” I looked at Junsu’s reflection in my mirror to see him smirking. I shot him a short glare, before I looked at myself again. I adjusted my new outfit, looking just as professional as any business woman would look like. Slick and classy…right?

Just for today, I decided to wear long, slick black pants, a white button down, short sleeve shirt that fit around me perfectly. And just for the fun of it, I threw on a black tie for the occasion. I liked myself today. I felt actually good today.

I turned around to see that Junsu was leaning against my door frame as he observed me. “How do I look?”

“I wished you dressed like this every day, just so I could tolerate you better,” Junsu smiled. I slapped his arm. “OW!”

“That’s what you get for being a jerk!” I played off my smile, curling my lips. Junsu pouted. “What’s the occasion anyway?” I walked out of my room, grabbing my over the shoulder bag and my brand new heels.

I shrugged. “Come on. You can’t keep secrets from me. You know I’ll find out eventually!” I smirked, as I headed to my small kitchen as my instant coffee maker had already made me a cup of delicious creamy coffee. I grabbed both my cup of coffee and popped in two slices of bread into my toaster. I offered my cup of coffee to Junsu. He gave me that whiny look, “Yeonin!!!!”

I giggled at his whininess, “Okay, okay. I’ll tell you.” Then I put a finger on my lips, whispering, “But you can’t tell anyone yet. Araso?”

Junsu nodded, goofily, “YEAH! I won’t tell ANYONE!” I smiled and whispered, “I’m actually going on my first mission with just me.”

Junsu gapped, “EH!? By yourself?”

I nodded, “What do you think of this Yeonin now?” I waited for him to say something along the lines of “OMO! THAT’S GOOD!” or “MY DEAR LORD! I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!” But I didn’t receive any praises at all. Instead, I earned myself a room filled of ridiculous laughter from no other than Junsu.

“OH MY GAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” he laughed, holding his stomach. I stood there, watching as he laughed, banging the table. “OOHOOHOOOHOOH!” he continued, as I sipped my cup, waiting for him to finish.

After a few more minutes, I looked at my watch, then looked at his laughing state. Then I bursted out into anger, “ARE YOU DONE YET!?!”

“Hahaha…” he calmed down, wiping his tears. “Haha…ha..ha..yeah I think I’m done now,” he smiled, trying to stand up again. “Oh man…best laughter of my life. Nice joke, Yeonin. Best joke you ever told.”

He looked up at me, confirming his thoughts. But all I gave him was a straight face. I sipped my coffee again, just as my toast popped up in the air, I stuck my plate out, in a split second. My toast landed on my plate, as I said, “Nope. No joke. I’m about to go on a mission.”

“EH!?!?!” this time he was truly shocked. “For what?”

“I’m sure I’ll give you more details about it,” I turned around as I put a toast in my mouth and offered it to him as he took it. “Seriously? You gotta be kidding me! You’re only 19! I never got a personal mission before!”

“Doesn’t having a job mean you’re on a personal mission?” I gave him a bored look. He shrugged as he took a bite of his toast. “Well…yeah…but I never got one when I was that young! Lucky~” he stuck his tongue out at me. I laughed as I grabbed my keys.

“Well…I’m not starting my mission yet,” I headed toward the front door, as I put on my new fancy heels. I looked over at Junsu, as he put on his sneakers. “Eh? Really? Then why are you exactly going then?”

“I have a job interview to go to,” I smiled, as we walked out my door, locking it behind us.

 

“Minho…” the dino looking boy peeked into his dongsaeng’s room. He could see that Minho was awake, but not responding, as he looks outside his own window. “It’s time for breakfast,” Jonghyun opened the door and poking his head into the room.

Minho turned to his hyung, looking empty as ever. He was in a cold state, but when it came to his best friend, he warmed his look just by a tad bit. “I’ll eat later, Jong…” he mumbled, as he turned back to the window, as it shined outside with a warm feeling to it.

“You sure? Your food will get cold. Key umma made delicious food today,” Jonghyun tried to convince him, but it didn’t work as his cold dongsaeng didn’t respond to him. He sighed. “Well, I’ll heat it up for you when you want to eat.” Then he left the room as he headed down to the kitchen.

There waiting, were none other than the rest of the gang. Key was pacing back and forth in his pink apron. Taemin was sadly picking at his food, feeling sad that his hyung hasn’t spoken to him in four hours. And as for Onew, the leader of the lovely group, stared into space, worried for Minho, wondering when they would have a new manager, and still sad that they lost an amazing manager that was more than that. He was like their dad, someone they could talk to whenever you felt down. Of course, this didn’t just affect Onew, it hurt everyone else that have lived under the SHINee dorm. Jaehee was someone that they could never forget. Although, they wondered why none of Jaehee’s family ever came to his funeral…

Everyone looked up as Jonghyun entered the room. The pretty boy in a pink apron looked over at his hyung with hope in his eyes, “Is he coming out to eat now?”

Jonghyun sadly shook his head, “Nope…he said he’ll eat later.”

Taemin looked back down at his food. “Minho hyung isn’t eating again? He didn’t even eat last night…”

“Don’t be down, Tae. I’m sure he’ll eat very soon,” Jonghyun ruffled the kid’s hair.

The younger one looked up, eyes like a puppy, “Promise?”

“He can’t promise it, Tae. It depends if Minho gets better, neh?” Onew spoke up, trying to cheer up the kid. Taemin pouted, “Well I won’t eat if hyung doesn’t eat.”

“Now, Tae. You’re still a growing boy! You have to eat! Or else, you’ll make all your hyungs worry,” Key nagged, like an umma.

Taemin frowned, looking at his food. “But it wouldn’t taste good, if everyone isn’t here.” The three older boys looked at each other, a bit pained at the younger one’s words.

“Well, if Minho hyung sees you not eating at all, then he won’t eat at all for sure,” Onew tried to convince him. “But if he sees you eating well and happily, he’ll definitely want to join for sure!” Key added.

“Eh? Chincha?” Taemin asked, like a little kid believing in fairy tales. Jonghyun smiled, gently, ruffling the kid’s hair, “Yeh. Definitely. So eat up! Or he’s not eating at all.”

“OH NO!” Taemin picked up his chopsticks as he dug into his food, causing everyone to laugh. “You gush eat toof!” Taemin spoke up with his mouth food. “YAH! Don’t talk with your mouth full!” Key nagged again, causing laughter again, as everyone sat down and chose to eat as well.

They all happily ate, well on the outside they were eating like they were happy, but inside, they were conflicting with their worried feelings for their last member.

As Onew’s thoughts trailed off to Minho again, he began to wonder, “Will seongsung-nim actually find a new manager so quickly?”

 

I arrived at the SM Building, staring up into the sky. Wow, this is huge! I couldn’t believe that I’m actually working here. The night before, I actually did research about this place. I had no idea that this was one of the three biggest agencies known for their amazing KPOP artist. I don’t even know what KPOP is but it sounds like some interesting organization or something along the lines of martial arts or something.

I took a deep breath and stood up straight. “Are you ready?” I asked myself.

“Yeah, sure I’m ready.” I nodded, as I heard that response. Just before I took another step, I stopped as my eyebrows furrowed. That’s weird. I don’t talk out loud or sound like a man. I turned around, wondering if it’s just me or not. To my surprise it was just Siwon.

“Oh, it’s Si---no.357,” I smiled, as I patted his shoulder. “Sorry to break it to you, but I have something to do.” I walked towards the entrance of the building as my shoes clacked.

“Since when did you dress so well?” my ears perked as I turned to where the voice was coming again. It was Siwon again. He’s following me? Eh? He looked up and down at me. I blushed, “What? Can’t a girl dress nicely? And why are you stalking me?”

“A girl dress nicely? Hm…” he thoughtfully thought. “And why would I stalk you? It’s not even stalking, stupid! It’s called walking, ever heard of it?” My temper began to skyrocket, as I had a temptation to smack him in his face. But can’t. I knew better than that. I try to keep my composure.

“That’s not what I meant, PABO! I meant, why are you following me in here? Don’t you have a job to go to?” I said, professionally, secretly shooting him a glare.

“Eh? Of course I do! What about you? Don’t you have something be---” but before Siwon could finish, someone called out my name.

“Lee Yeonin?” I turned around, wondering who could have possibly have known my name? A middle aged man came running towards me, smiling happily with a bunch of sparkles around him? My jaws dropped a tad bit. He stopped just a few inches away from me, shocking me just a tad bit. He looked up and down at me, making me feel as if I overdid myself.

He tilted his head, “Do you happen to be, Lee Yeonin?” I slowly nodded, unsure if it was a good idea or not. He smiled widely and laid a hand on me. And sadly, out of instinct, I quickly grabbed his hands and turned his hand and twisted his arm to his back. “AHHH!!!!”

“YEONIN! NO! BAD YEONIN!” Siwon began to shout out.

“Who the hell are you?” I began to coldly ask, remembering some of the useless lessons I learnt in my early years that I couldn’t seem to get, until now. “AHH!! THAT HURTS!” the man cried out.

“YEONIN! LET HIM GO!” Siwon kept yelling out. “It’s not like I know him! He could be an impostor or something!” He could be an assassin for all I know.

“Please let me go! I mean no harm!” he pleaded. “Then answer me! WHO ARE YOU!?” I asked, harshly. I need answers. “I’m the owner of SM Entertainment! CEO, Kim Sangbum!” (A/N: Kim Sangbum [Kim Bum] is an actor, he’s just playing as the owner. Totally fictional)

Shocked by his name, I immediately let him go. “You’re…you’re…The owner?!” I gasped, covering my mouth. What have I done?  “M-m-mianhaeyo!” I stuttered, watching him rubbing his arm and mainly his wrist. He gave me a forced smile, “No, no. It’s okay. Really.”

“I’m so sorry! Jeongmal mianhaeyo!” He laughed, “It’s really fine!” he glanced at Siwon, and whispered in my ear, “Let’s talk in my office. You know about that position that your commander recommended?” I gulped, completely shy now. I’m pretty sure I won’t be getting this job now.

Just as I followed Sangbum, I looked back, wondering if Siwon was still following me, but he was long gone already.

------

“Eh? Are you sure?” I was shocked. Sangbum nodded. “What can I say? I’m impressed with everything I’ve heard about you. I looked at your file, you’re great for the job! How you reacted to my touch, it’s perfect! I think you deserve the job.”

My jaw dropped. “But…but…I hurt you!”

“That’s exactly what I need from someone that could hold this job for me!” he exclaimed in excitement, making me smile. Maybe this was an easy interview after all.

“So…what exactly is my job?” I asked, wondering if his mind was straight. I didn’t really get the details from Commander about this interview. He said that after obtaining my position here, after the CEO of SM Entertainment gives it to me, then I obtain my mission as well. But…commander is very vague of positions and missions. He likes to surprise everyone.

“Oh! That’s right! I’m sorry, I should have told you. As a new fellow coworker of SM, you’re position is this company is being a manager.” My jaws dropped even more.

“Um…sure!” I muttered, pretty startled by this position already. “Wouldn’t this…position require much training?”

“Oh, of course you do. But it isn’t even that hard! You’re going to have some other coworkers helping you out as well. And I’m sure Commander will give you lessons as well. After all, you were one of Jaehee’s pupils, right?” I bite my lip. It’s been a while since I heard Axel’s real name. It sounded very odd. I nodded, just to show that I wasn’t sensitive to his name. I played a smile on my lips, “That’s true, sir.”

“Then good! We shouldn’t have any problems. So that’s a wrap up!” he cheered, smiling and putting away the papers he brought out. I sighed in relief. I can’t wait to start my own mission. “Oh, by the way, Yeonin-shi.” I looked up, clueless. “We’re going to have a welcoming mini party, with your group, that you will be managing. I’ll let you know who you’re going to be managing before the party starts. And I’ll even introduce some of your coworkers that you will be working within the company privately. If you know what I mean,” he winked. I nodded, smiling. Of course I knew what that mean. I do understand that I’m not the only spy in this great big company. We have more implanted here. Just some spies, which I probably don’t know about. After all, I’m knew to both the mission and industry.

Sangbum handed me a card, on my way out. I looked at him, unsure. “Don’t worry. It’s just an invitation. It has the address and everything. It’ll be a blast. Make sure to be there, you’re the star of the night!” he smiled, as I took the card and left the office.

Just as I was walking down the hall, I totally forgot my manners. I turned back around, seeing that Sangbum was still at his door, looking after me. I’m sure for my safety. I bowed 90 degrees, speaking properly, “Anneyeonghaesayo, seongsung-nim!”

He gave me a chuckle, as I stood back up, waving me goodbye. I smiled back and turned back around, walking quickly down the hall.

 

At the start of the evening, many people came to the gathering at Sangbum’s mansion, also known as a party. People were dressed in casual clothing. Most of the ladies dressed in cute cocktail dresses, as the gentlemen dressed in simple slacks, button down shirts and vests. They chattered away, talking to one another.

“Have you heard, yet?” one young lady asked her date of the night. “Hm?” he looked at her. She whispered, “I heard this party was actually an introduction of a new member of the company.”

Across the room, an older male asked, pouring a drink to a fellow friend, “I heard that this new person is actually going to start off as a manager!”

The friend gasped, “No way! Lucky her!”

“I heard, she’s going to be managing the most popular band!” another friend gossiped.

“Eh? Chincha? Those rascals? I heard that before they debuted, it took a while to actually train them,” the older male sipped his drink.

As the gossiping continued, the door opened, earning eyes on the entrance. Some of the younger ladies smiled. First one entered the room, was none other than the leader of SHINee, Lee Jinki, aka Onew. Followed by his dongsaengs. One by one, they all entered the room, each of them looking very casual, but pulled off a classy look. Making all their noonas fan themselves in excitement.

All five handsome boys smiled, greeting their sunbaes. Only one of them was wearing a fake smile, for he was still displeased with the force of coming to this unnecessary party. What was it even for?

“Omo! Well if it isn’t Jjongie!” someone laid a hand on Jonghyun’s shoulder. He turned around, already grinning. “Hyung! Who ever knew you would be here!” he hugged his sunbae, someone he knew for quite some time. “You know better than to call me that here,” Jonghyun whispered into his hyung’s ear.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it. You are, after all, our favorite puppy, Jjongie!” his hyung grinned.

“SIWON!” Key smiled, pulling Siwon away from Jonghyun and hugged him. And one by one they all greeted their hyung/sunbae. Siwon hugged Minho last, wanting to talk to him privately.

“How are you holding up, Minho?” Siwon whispered. Minho facial mask staggered a bit, but he held up his smile. “I’m getting there. I have a question…”

“What is it, buddy?” Siwon asked.

“What is this party? Sangbum-nim said it was a small one, it seems pretty big. What’s the occasion?” Minho asked. Siwon hesitated a bit, unsure if he should tell him or not.

But just as Siwon got the courage to tell his dongsaeng, someone got their attention. Up on top of the Sangbum’s staircase, he tapped his glass of water. “Excuse me! May I have your attention?”

As everyone began to quiet down, Sangbum beamed, “I’m sure you are all curious as to what is going on tonight. Afterall, it was last minute that I have planned this. But I reassure you, this isn’t just a normal, crazy staff party. If you know what I mean, Ms. Park,” he winked at a younger lady as they all laughed.  “Anyways, this evening, I have brought you all here to…drumroll please~”

Everyone began to bang lightly on the table, including the members of SHINee, besides Minho. Everybody was excited.

“To introduce a new fellow member to our family of SM! LEE YEONIN!” he cheered, as person stepped from behind Sangbum and up to the front where everyone could see. She was wearing a bit of something different. She was wearing slick black pants, a short sleeve white blouse, with tall black heels, and her hair flowing down with curly ends.

Everyone admired her, seeing that she was truly simple, but beautiful. Even the members of SHINee and Siwon couldn’t keep her eyes off her. Minho was shocked to see someone like her. Who knew someone so unique could stick out so well, but still be simple.

“Go ahead and introduce yourself,” Sangbum smiled, already satisfied he chose the right person.

She smiled and bowed, “Anneyeonghaesayo, My name is Lee Yeonin. I’ll be working along with everyone in SM. As well as become the new manager of SHINee. Please treat me well.” She then bowed respectfully as everyone clapped.

“Eh? Her as our manager?” Key crossed his arm, giving her a glare.

Onew looked over at Jonghyun, “Dude, isn’t she too young to be managing?”

“How come she’s starting off as a manager for?” Taemin questioned, clapping along with the crowd, deeming it fun to clap.

Minho looked down, biting his lips. Jonghyun looked over at his best friend, worried. He muttered, “…Minho…” he reached out to his friend, but didn’t catch him, as Minho rushed out of the place, upset already. Key looked after Minho, worriedly, “Well we know who’s number one on his bad list.”

----------

rukia1335 is BACK!

omo! i'm doing pretty well, keeping this up! :D

aigoo~ it's starting to pick up now! :D

hopefully i could update! 

i'm hoping to update every weekend, since the spring semester is starting for me! 

so please stick around! :D

until next time,

READ, COMMENT, and SUBSCRIBE! 

rukia1335 is OUT!