Chapter Three

Ms. Black Swan and The Little Cub
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Mina's POV*

 

I just kept my head hung low and my eyes locked on my meal lay before me. The whole dinning room enveloped with uncomfortable silence. 

 

"I am disappointed with you Mina." Mom first broke the silence, there's a hint of anger on her voice. I jist thought, when did I not disappoint her? Everytime that we are having a meal the main topic is her being disappointed to me or how much she adores and proud of my brother. 

 

Letting out a sigh I lift my head to be greeted by her furious eyes. 

 

"You went home late Mina." She said. "You went home at three in the morning, smelling like a drunk bastard." Her words are harsh, only to me though and gentle only for my older brother who looks at me with pity. 

 

"Knock it off Sachiko." Dad said looking at mom. "Give Mina a break." He paused and smiled at me. He is the only one who shows affection to me. 

 

"Maybe she hangout with her friends." I wish that's the real reason why I went home a little drunk. 

 

"Whatever, just don't do it again. It's bot the right time to go home." With that mom left the table leaving me with dad and my older brother. 

 

"Don't mind mom, she's just woke up in the wrong side of the bed." Nodding my head I wiped my lips with tissue losing my appetite. 

 

"Mina, honey your mom is just worried for you." Dad gave me his gentle smile. I am happy that dad treats me gently. 

 

Dropping my ballet shoes down, the tears I am holding inside suddenly just burst out making me to plop down burying my face with my hands. 

 

I don't know how to tell mom what happened about the play that she wants me to be in. I don't know how to tell her that I failed, that I didn't get in. With vision blurry because of tears I picked up my shoe trying to put in on. 

 

Tears can't stop falling from my eyes and pulled my one knee up to my chest leaning my forehead to it. I just let it out, let out what I am feeling. 

 

"Myoui Mina." Someone whispered behind me. Turning around I saw Son Chaeyoung looking at me worriedly. Letting out a small smile I watched as she approached me slowly. Every time that we see each other it's either she's in a bad mood or I am crying. What's with that kind of setting?

 

"Mind if I join you for a moment?" She asked me. I can't tell her to leave me alone so I just gave her a small nod which makes her smile. 

 

"This is the second time that I saw you crying." Her voice is gentle and comforting in a way. We may be classmates at one of our class but we never had a chance to be alone and be this close to her. We just sat here at the center of the stage with comforting silence. I actually feels calm and comfortable around her and I am thankful for taking care of me last night. 

 

"I feel really disappointed with myself." I spoke, feeling that I am going crazy if I just kept it myself. I feel like I can trust Chaeyoung as she's a good person, that's what I think. 

 

"Disappointed?" She asked her brows raised. 

 

"Yeah..." I sigh. "...I am disappointed that I didn't get in with my audition." Pulling my knee closer to my body, Chaeyoung leaned back her arms supporting her weight. 

 

"But you did so many plays.."

 

"I know but mom...."

 

"So you're disappointed that you're going to disappoint your mother?" I gave her a nod, her head leaned back letting out a long deep sigh. 

 

"I think your mom will understand you." Shaking my head my eyes landed on my ballet shoes. 

 

"Mom is different. She always wanted to become a professional ballerina but it didn't happened when she had her injury which forced her to stop dancing." Chaeyoung nodded her head. 

 

"And that's the reason she's pushing me so hard to excel in ballet, she wants me to fulfill her dreams for her." I said feeling my tears building up again. 

 

"My parents are in abroad." Chaeyoung stated sighing. "They are working as architects." Pulling her knee closer to her body she rest her chin. "They left me to my grandparents but it's fine. They shower me with love." Before I can say anything she stood up dusting off her pants. 

 

"Do you have class?" She asked me earning a no from me. "Is that so?" Her smile grew widely. "Should we go somewhere? The mood here is a little gloomy." Since I don't have a class this day and I just went here to clear my mind, maybe going somewhere with a friend can help me. Gathering my things I excused myself first so I can change my clothes. 

 

"Where are we going?" I asked as we walked towards the parking lot. 

 

"There's a new coffee shop that I wanted to try. So maybe we can go there?" Her head tilted to the side. "..if it is fine with you." Having no plans for today I agreed. 

 

"Is it hard?" She asked me breaking the silence. Her eyea focused on the road while I sat beside her. 

 

"Hard?" I asked. 

 

"Yeah hard..." She paused looking at me for a while. "Is it hard that you always needs to achieve something. Is it hard to be an ober achiever not for your own, but because for your mother?" I should feel weird having this kind of conversation with Chaeyoung, since we are not close, or not even close to being friend but I kinda feel calm and comfortable around her. 

 

"It is, but I got used to it." The car stopped at the red light and she gave me a look. 

 

"Seriously Myoui Mina, you don't have to pretend that its alright. You can tell me everything." Sighing, maybe she's right. Maybe I can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter