Chapter 2: Bring it on Fam.

Cover Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 2: Bring it on Fam[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

A new friend, a new energy.

[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

She was wearing a grey hoodie and dark jeans. She was told to wear casual clothes when she asked. She signed the contract after going through the clauses with her parents, and today, she was going to meet her members slash start training.

She wondered what type of girls she’ll be teamed with. She’s an easy going girl but she hoped she won’t have to be with some stuck up or a grown woman acting like a kid. She’s not a person to sugar-coat her words or forces herself to befriend someone she wouldn’t like.

Even with a debut on the line?

Her mind immediately started working on the scenario, and in the next second, she started counting the pros and cons of debuting with such girls.

She scowled, but recovered by wishing she won’t have to deal with such people. DSP housed Fin.K.L, a first generation idol legend, KARA, a second generation idol legend as well; the talented Rainbows and the rookie group April.

April got the cute concept, she thought. My group will go for a girl crush concept? The strong unnie vibe? She would surely love it. The baby act won’t be forced on her, she was glad. What if she’d have to work with a self-absorbed ? Ugh.

Arriving to the building, her mind changed its course. Be friendly, smile and don’t act like a turtle hiding your face to strangers. Talk and smile some more.

“Jiwoo, you’re here?” The same woman she now knows as their manager walked up to her. "I’ll brief you about your members before you meet them; they’re waiting for you now."

“From eldest to the youngest,” she stopped and faced her. “You’re the youngest actually, the other girl, Somin, is a few months older than you. But she has a mature feel to her while you’re cuter. This makes you the maknae of the group.”

The other girl, that caught Jiwoo’s attention and she blinked at their manager. “We’re just two girls? You said we’re a four members group.”

“The other two are boys, you didn’t know?” The woman when she heard Jiwoo gasp, she turned and found her with wide eyes and a dropped jaw. “But they told me I’ll debut in a girl group!”

“Surprise!” The older woman replied in a bored tone. "Somin is the main vocalist and also a visual. But you're all okay in the visual departement."

“Now, the eldest guy, his name is Kim Taehyung.”

“Like BTS’s V?” The older woman glared and continued on. “Objectively speaking, he’s the visual of the group. He’s also the main rapper and a lead vocal.” Jiwoo was intrigued, she wanted to see this beautiful Taehyung. He was picked over girls as the visual.

“The other guy, few months younger than Taehyung is from the US, his name is Matthew, he's also a rapper and the main dancer. And you can differ him from the other by how tall he is.”

“Exactly how tall is he?”

“Your profile says you’re 165 cm, he’s 21 cm taller than you.” Jiwoo’s head turned up trying to picture this guy’s height. She snapped out of it when she heard the manager chuckling.

“You definitely have interesting reactions.”

“Now I’ll give you a small introduction to their personalities. Somin, you might have seen her in Puretty or Baby Kara or recently April.” Nodding, Jiwoo replied: “She was their leader and main vocalist, right?”

Jiwoo remembered catching a bit of Baby Kara, and she still found it unfair how Somin didn’t win. She was too good and had a good personality to top it off.

“Matthew is talkative, friendly and cheerful, the opposite of you.” She just stared blankly at her manager, trying hard not to scowl at her. But to be fair, her poker face never invited people to approach her, so …

“He was a contestant on Kpop Star.” She searched in her memories about a certain Matthew from Kpop Star but she couldn't put a face to the name and just shrugged it off, she’s going to meet him soon anyway.

“The last guy is a little bit like you, Taehyung. He’s shy and awkward and sometimes says a lot of nonsense. But he was class president and is definitely far from being dumb.” She studied her for quite some time. “With your personalities, I doubt you’ll be best buddies.”

Okay, so Kim Taehyung is the pretty boy I won’t get along with but still need to be hostile toward, we’re teammates.

 “Now enter that door, they’re waiting for you.” Jiwoo put her hand on the knob starting to twist it but turned around to see her manager leaving. Seeing the questioning look on Jiwoo’s face, the woman explained: “you better meet without outsiders so you could click. Have fun.”

Great, so now I’m on my own meeting people who are probably best friends. Twisting the knob and opening the door slightly, she heard a girl’s voice scolding.

“And she’s obviously going to like me the most.”

She opened it more to find a brunette, Somin, glaring at a really handsome guy. He must be Taehyung, he wasn’t that tall making her certain it was him. The two were in a glaring contest and failed to notice her quiet entrance.

She thought about clearing to gain their attention when she felt an arm draped over her shoulders. It was a heavy arm, and the fact someone she didn’t know initiated skinship without even introducing himself pissed her off a little.

She twisted her head a little to scare off this person with a glare but found a smiling goofy face grinning at her small form. He was tall, towering her and caging her with his arm around her. She didn’t know if she felt intimidated by his posture and closeness or welcomed with his grin and closeness as well.

This is definitely Matthew.

“And hello there, I’m Matthew, glad to meet you. Let’s ignore those two. I’ll give you a tour of the building.”

She couldn’t hold the small smile; she had to return his somehow, although their proximity wasn’t one she appreciated. She liked her personal space and Matthew was intruding it. She reminded herself he was from the US and this was their way. Just breathe.

“I’m Jiwoo, nice to meet you.” She shrugged his arm off and turned to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter