Chapter 4: Like Muffin

Cover Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 4: Like Muffin [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] We have each other's back. [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

“Where are we going?”

Somin noticed they passed the room they were supposed to receive their results at and were heading towards the main room. Their manager hurried her footsteps and Jiwoo rushed the half-asleep boys to keep up.

“You were supposed to be noticed whether you’ll debut soon or not,” they nodded and watched as she slightly opened a door and stood at the doorframe. “It’s surprising, but a few journalists came here when news of a co-ed group debuting started circulating.” She stopped for a bit, opened the door ushering them in.

At the mention of journalists, their heartbeats accelerated, Jiwoo noticed Somin tangling and untangling her hands to keep them from shaking, Taehyung looked worse as sweat beads broke on his neck and forehead.

She was nervous herself but as she watched those two, she felt the need to act more composed and pretend to be fine for the team. Matt looked the best; and she felt relieved someone else was collected.

“Do your best, I’ll stay in the background. This is a rare opportunity so make the best of it.”

They were ushered in and found a table with four seats and around five to ten reporters faced them, some holding into recorders and others carrying notebooks.

They bowed a few times, repeating their greetings.

It was a bit chaotic, they didn’t know the order to sit in and Somin and Matthew bumped into each other trying to reach the same chair.

They ended up sitting by order of age, Taehyung and Jiwoo taking the extremities and Matt and Somin in the middle. Taking a few calming breaths, the youngest watched Somin smiling slightly and getting a better hold of herself. It made her more at ease, but a small glance at Taehyung had her worry increase.

He looked on the verge of fainting.

‘Matthew is right next to him, he knows him better, and he’ll take more care of him’. She repeated and turned, cracking a smile of her own.

“We didn’t have a co-ed group in while,” a reporter, a men in his late thirties, initiated the session and the four focused on him. “They are mostly fated for fail, what do you think would make you different?”

There eyes widened at the blunt remark; the man basically called them a failure without even giving them a chance. Jiwoo frowned and a sudden urge to give this man a piece of her mind was tempting.

“It is true,” Matthew said in the calmest voice he could manage. A smile gracing his face like whatever was just thrown at them didn’t faze him.

“What makes us different is how the four of us get along so well. The first day we practiced together, I personally felt we have an amazing teamwork. Co-eds are risky and not so many succeeded, but I believe we can make a change, everything has a start, we might make a shift in the industry and other co-ed groups will debut.”

Satisfied with his answer, the reported nodded and wrote down on a notebook that Taehyung questioned its purpose; the guy had a recorder for a reason.

 

“Could you please introduce yourselves?”

No one volunteered and so Matt answered again.

“I’m Matthew Kim, 25 years old. I was born and raised in the US and came to South Korea five years ago. I was on Kpopstar, I auditioned for DSP Media after and trained till now.”

After he bowed he sat back and nudged the frozen Taehyun.

 “I-I’m Kim Taehyung, 25 years old.” Taehyung felt his ears warming up and stuttered through his words. “Being a-a celebrity is m-my dream s-since…” He wanted to just finish but his mouth seemed to have other ideas.

He glanced at Matthew then Somin and noticed the worried look they gave him, he felt even more nervous and stumbled on his words.

His eyes landed then on Jiwoo and she smiled at him. He relaxed a little and kept eye contact. She mouthed something to him and he immediately found his words.

“I auditioned when I was 20 and have been a Trainee since then.” He bowed and sat back, glancing at the girl sitting on the other extremity. She sent a smile his way before she stood up to introduce herself.

“I’m Jeon Jiwoo, 21 years old. I auditioned for DSP recently and before trained in DEF school and FNC entertainment.”

“I’m Jeon Somin, 21 years old.”

The short answer had the boys frown.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taehyung knew becoming a celebrity was a huge step to take. He always knew it’ll be pressuring and hard, and with how shy and introverted he is, it’d only be harder. But he never im

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter