Chapter 1: A new beginning

Cover Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 1: A new beginning [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Dream it,

Wish it,

Do it.

[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Five years.

That's how long Matthew and Taehyung trained and waited for a debut. Time seemed to go slower and with the new generation idols starting as teens, it seemed impossible for 24 years old to only debut now.

They still think they had it easy. Performing sometimes as a hip-hop duo, and always hearing praises for how good they were, how hot Matthew is and how beautiful Taehyung looked. It wasn't an idol life they aimed for really. But more like artists writing and producing their own rap. Somin on the other hand ... her case is what they feared, to have a taste of your dream thrice, only to go back to trainee life.

She tried her best really, and no one could find fault in her. She showed such maturity and strong mind-set, going through a survival show after disbanding her original group that barely promoted, losing a friend who had her dreams and walked her path, debuting again in a group that definitely didn't suit her. Chic Somin doing aegyo and singing for oppa? It's a sight to see.

The guys met while waiting for their agency’s representative to call them in. Something was surely up. Matt and Taehyung thought it was finally their time, but the sight of Somin smiling and waving made their excitement tune down. They couldn’t help thinking of the worst.

"Hey guy," Somin, Taehyung begrudgingly observed, skidded to Matt's side and sat next to him.

Be my guests, act like I'm invisible.

"Yo, what's up Somin?"

"I was called here, they told me it was important," She looked hopeful and both guys felt sorrier for her. "What're you guys doing here?" Like noticing they were waiting with her for the first time, Taehyung saw the exact moment her mind went to their conclusion. Her face turned grim and she tried hard to force a smile.

"Same." Taehyung didn't want to elaborate more, for fear she might break down without hearing what they were called for. She was strong, but the strongest person won't stand seeing his dreams breaking any more than she did.

He also wished they were called for good news for a change. A duo of him and Matt and Somin will fly solo.

She'll do amazingly well as a solo.

He smiled a little; it was better than to think about the thick tension that fell upon them. Matthew was quiet, and Matthew's never quiet. He's supposed to be loud, talkative and cheerful. Taehyung felt the need to speak for the first time in his life. He, the guy who would rather stay on the side, having a fruitful discussion with his amazing self.

"Huh," he cleared his throat, a little anxious. Somin never willingly stayed with him unless Matt was there. He knew he was the only one to be blamed. His shy weird introvert self that found it hard to approach a pretty girl five years ago. But he just had to do something about the air surrounding them now.

He got both of Matt and Somin's attention. , he doesn't know what to say.

"Em, I kind of miss my mother." He blushed, a deep red colour dotting his cheeks, ears and neck. "I wonder if they'll allow us some vacation." He added softly, feeling incredibly weird that the attention was on him.

He looked up and saw Matt lighting up at the mention of vacation.

"Oh man, I miss my family too. It'd be great to have a vacation; I'll definitely fly to LA." Somin nodded as he went on and on about what he could do on LA. At one point, the three were on tears when Matthew told them about an experience he had as a teenager. He said he was chubby and short and Taehyung bitterly looked at his 186 cm frame then blamed growth that stopped for him at just 178 cm.

"Dude, girls are jealous of your face, we're equal." Apparently, Taehyung said it aloud, because Matt continued on. "I have the body, you have the face. We're meant to be man."

Taehyung shuddered and Somin giggled at his reaction. "No offense man, but I don't swing that way." He replied curtly and made a point by winking at Somin, who tried hard not to blush.

Matt gave the two a pointed look and Taehyung, realizing what he just did, turned his face away.

"Sorry man," Taehyung turned to look at Matt's serious face. "You're not my type."

The three chuckled, already forgetting what they came for. Until a voice called out to them.

"You can come in now." The three stood and looked at each other. Silently asking who should go first.

"All three of you."

 

***

"Hello, Jeon Jiwoo talking." She answered her phone in a neutral professional voice. It was a new number she got especially for applying to new agencies after leaving FNC. Yeah, that agency is kind of hopeless, she knows.

She wasn't that optim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter