「Chapter 5」

How To Talk To Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five- A Night Of Scrubs

 

A crowd roared with pride shaking the ground. They shouted with joy, and excitement that could affect anyone who walked through the room’s doors. And although, it may be similar to the concert that had occurred just a few days ago, this time it was cheers for players not performers. A buzzer went off loudly filling the stuffy hot room, and silencing the cheers. Sumi put in one last yell for her friend who was out on the court. A swift tall teenage boy gave her a side grin before turning around to join his other teammates on the bench. Not even a wave back huh? Gosh, what a . Sumi thought, while taking a seat next to her two friends who were more interested in their food than the basketball game.

 

“Yah, are you gonna eat that all before saving me some?” Sumi snatched up a few fries from the resisting Chaeyoung.

 

“Hey… I was eating those,” Chaeyoung whimpered softly before turning back to her food.

 

“Oh it’s not like you were gonna finish them all. You never do,” Taeyeon chipped into the conversation. Sumi nodded in agreement while taking a exaggerated bite as Chaeyoung just ignored the two by stuffing her face with what was left of her hot dog.

 

Taeyeon and Sumi laughed together watching their friend transform into a chipmunk. “So changing the topic off of my fat , Taeyeon I saw that you couldn’t take your eyes off a certain person the whole first two quarters.”

 

Sumi and Chaeyoung waited for a reaction with suspicious grins, but Taeyeon carefully continued on with playing the game on her phone without showing a difference in her mood. “I already told you two. I’ve gotten over him.” Taeyeon looked to Sumi seriously which made her feel guilty for a second for teasing her. “I only came here because it was you who wanted to support Jeonghan, not me remember? I was only dragged along.”

 

Chaeyoung sighed, and Sumi turned to face the court with a heavy disappointment laying over my chest. “I know… you don’t have to remind me,” Sumi mumbled under her breath. Her eyes glazed over Jeonghan who was more engrossed in his long hair than what their coach was saying. He looked peaceful and soft from a distance, but her middle school friend could be scary when he was upset. Her mind wandered to memories of the previous night.

 

--------------------

 

The taxi’s headlights blinded people walking out of the club, and they cursed the driver even though most of them were too drunk to speak any complete words. Sumi stepped out of the car gracefully causing a few guys by the club’s entrance to give her a few cat calls. But like usual, Sumi ignored them. Her mind was set on one thing one. Shin Hyo-seob. Her stomach stirred uneasily as she called his contact. The phone rang a few times before a woman’s feminine voice answered.

 

“Hello?” The female voice cooed in a high pitched tone. Sumi could hear Hyoseob in the background slurring words as people laughed around him.

 

Trying not to bite the inside of her cheek, Sumi gritted her teeth. “Is Hyoseob there? And who are you answering his phone,” she snapped. A few guys behind her snickered at her annoyance which they found cute and amusing.

 

“Oh you mean my Oppa?” The feminine voice giggled. “He’s busy. Do you want me to take a message for him?”

 

“EXCUSE ME?!-”

 

Just as Sumi was about to curse out the random chick over the phone, she heard Hyoseob in the background. “Hey baby girl, Who’s on the phone?”

 

Sumi’s rage was put to a stop. Her stomach suddenly felt twisted as she listened to the conversation.

 

“It says My Young Booty Call as the contact name. Oppa who is this girl?” The feminine girl whined playfully. “Are you messing around with an underage Hyoseob?” She asked with a giggle.

 

Trying to gather her words, and push aside her confusion at the moment, Sumi hung up the phone and walked straight into the club without another word. That is dead, she thought. Strobe lights ran along the curves of her body while loud music pounded itself into her blood vibrating her steps. Glancing around the room, Sumi finally spotted Hyoseob in the back sitting in a booth with several girls surrounding him. She wanted to feel irritated, but she was more upset with herself for not being able to be one of those girls to Hyoseob. Why can’t I please him? Why aren’t I enough yet?

 

Collecting herself together, Sumi strolled over to him with her dress barely covering her . Her shirt allowed a lot of cleavage to be seen causing guys she passed to look her up and down with their lustful eyes. Why had she decided to make herself appear to be ty that night? She didn’t know herself. But if it would catch Hyoseob’s eyes, it’d be worth it, were the only thoughts clouding her naive mind.

 

“Oppa, it’s time to go home,” Sumi said sternly while helping him up to his feet. The girls who were clinging on his shoulder shot glares at Sumi which she easily returned to silence them.

 

“Damn babe, you’re looking hot as hell tonight. Let’s stay a bit longer and have a few more drinks? Whatcha say baby?” Sumi felt a smile tug at the corners of her lips listening to her boyfriend who was slung around her shoulder to keep him upright.

 

“No, we have to get you hom-”

 

“Awww Oppa, why are you leaving so early? And who is she? Your little sister?” One of the girls in the booth asked with a smirk as the others giggled along with her.

 

Sumi’s eyes flashed with anger. Did I really look like that? My appearance didn’t fit Hyoseob did it. I hate it… I hate it. I really hate this feeling. Why can’t I be one of those girls for him… Sumi snapped back to reality and shot out her anger at the young exposed women. “No, I’m the girl that gets to him unlike you s that can only wish that he would look your way. I’m what you want to be,” Sumi smiled in victory watching their faces twist into what their personality actually was. “I’m his girlfriend.”

 

And with that, Sumi dragged Hyoseob out of the club trying to weave throughout the crowd. She successfully got him into a taxi, and let him pass out on her lap. Sumi sighed in relief before looking out the car’s window to watch the city’s night lights illuminate the sky. She rolled down the window, and let the cold crisp air cake her face.

 

Her thoughts drifted from her mom, to her friends and what they would do the next day, to Jeonghan teasing her and ignoring her, and then to the boy she had met earlier that night. Recalling the boy’s image, she finally realiz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter