「Chapter 3」

How To Talk To Girls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Three -  She’s A What?!


 

Students rushed through the school doors in hope of making it to class before the bell rang. People were shoved by accident, and the offender threw apologizes as they raced off without looking back. Hyerin hissed under her breath at a girl who had caused her to stumble and drop her books. Little s…

 

“Yo little sis! Are you okay?”

 

Hyerin looked up to see her brother running over to her side to help her pick up her belongings. “YAH!! GET BACK HERE SO I CAN TELL YOU OFF YOU FRESHIE!!” Jimin shouted while raising his fist at the person who had already whisked away into the building.

 

“You don’t have to go to that extent…” Hyerin grumbled finally standing up. “Jerks will be jerks no matter what you do,” she said puffing her cheeks and blowing a raspberry.

 

Jimin clicked his tongue, and looked back at his little sister. “As Juniors, we have to be respected by those little urchins, but whatever you say sis. But don’t always let the s get away with what they’re doing, kay?”

 

Hyerin sighed and rolled her eyes. “I know. Jeez you’re always underestimating me,” she said with a pout.

 

With a smirk, Jimin ruffled up her hair. “Aww is Hyerin upset? Isn’t that cute.”

 

“Shaddup.” Hyerin pushed his hand away and began to fix her hair. “I worked hard on looking good today, and you just messed it up.”

 

“Oh stop whining.” Jimin told her. “Anyways, I’m going to get to class. See ya later little sis!” Jimin waved his hand and then raced off towards the school building.

 

Darn it… I want to confess to my crush today, and he had to go messing up my hair.

 

With a sigh, Hyerin followed after her brother as the school bell rang.

 

--------------------

 

“Idiot.”

 

Hyerin grumbled to herself while letting her head fall down to hit her desk. “I ing forgot. Why am I so dense?”

 

Her best friend, Chanyeol, laughed to himself as he ruffled her hair. “Don’t worry, I did your part knowing you’d forget.”

 

“Yah, why didn’t you just text me to remind me? I would have done my part in the homework,” she responded with a disappointed pout.

 

“I did… I called, but I think your phone was dead or something because it went straight to voicemail,” Chanyeol said scratching the back of his head nervously knowing that Hyerin was already in a bad mood. “But hey, don’t worry. You’ll just owe me one,” he said with a comforting smile. “Ice cream this weekend?”

 

Weakly smiling, and raising her head, Hyerin looked up at Chanyeol and sighed in relief. Recalling what had happened the previous weekend, images of her phone slipping out of her hand and watching it fall into a sink full of dirty dishes and water went through her mind. She had cursed herself out for being so clumsy, but was partly glad since it meant she could get a new phone.

 

Remembering where she was, and what Chanyeol had just offered, Hyerin sighed once more, but this time in disappointment. “I’m going to try and ask Jeonghan out on a date this weekend though…. Maybe sometime after school later this week?”

 

Chanyeol pursed his lips, and began to contemplate whether he would let her get away with skipping out on hanging with him that weekend, but gave in easily when he saw her flushed face as she thought of Jeonghan.

 

“Ah fine. But you owe me double then.”

 

Her face lit up. “Really!! Thank you Channie!!!” Hyerin shot up from the cafeteria table they were sitting at, and bounced out of her seat. Without thought she gave him a quick squeeze as a hug, and before Chanyeol could process what had just happened, Hyerin pulled away still unaware of her recent action. “Okay! I’m off to class!! See you after third period!!”

 

If Chanyeol hadn’t been gay, he might have just fallen for her at that moment. “Gosh, that girl needs to be careful before she gets herself into a mess.”

 

--------------------

 

Hyerin had successfully gotten to class right before the bell had rang. Her brother was in the back row chatting with his usual friends, Jungkook and Taehyung. How her brother was friends with two of the prettiest guys in her grade, she did not know. It still baffled her hearing girls giggle in the hallways about how good looking her brother was. What did they see in Jimin? All I see his my older chubby bunny of a brother, and they find that attractive?

 

Whisking the thought away, Hyerin took her seat in the front of the classroom, and unpacked her belongings. It was a series of effortless actions that she mindlessly completed as she thought about what she had done just before class. Her cheeks flushed just at the thought of it, and she tried to contain her excitement before anyone noticed. I wonder if he’ll think the note is weird… I guess I’ll find out soon. Smiling softly, Hyerin faded into her daydreams like usual not knowing that someone was watching her with curiosity.

 

--------------------

 

“So Jungkookie, tell us what happened because you totally ditched us that night,” Taehyung asked while scribbling down the answers for the homework he had forgotten to do.

 

Crap. Crap. crap. Crap. Crap. crap, were the thoughts flying through Jungkook’s head.

 

“Yea… umm, about that.” He scratched the back of his neck nervously trying not to make contact with their curious eyes.

 

“Spit it out already,” Jimin said scowling over at Jungkook. “We were actually worried about you,” he said with small pout.

 

“Awww Jiminie cares.” Taehyung pinched his cheeks before Jimin swatted his hands away.

 

“Shut up, you were worried too! You almost called his mom!”

 

Jungkook’s eyes flashed with fear. “What!! NO, don’t ever do that!! She’ll be too worried about me, and she’s working hard enough. Are you crazy?” Jungkook shouted as he swiped away his homework Taehyung was copying.

 

Taehyung’s face became a d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter