Two

Stay with me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo was walking besides Mina in the way back to the dorms. The two of them were silent, and Momo almost forgot, she had company. It was a empty silence, the one that makes you feel dizzy, because you don't know what is happening around you. A dense silence. Their shoulders brushed occasionally, and that was the only reason that made Momo aware of Mina.

Mina was wearing a white blouse and a skirt with flowers. So feminine like her. The wind caressed her shoulder length hair, and it was like a scene from a shoujo anime. Mina could be the heroine from a novel, she was that charming.

While, Momo was more like the rebel kind. With wild light brown hair, and her short shorts. Her personality was like gray on the rainbow. The words that Dahyun uses to describe her.

“It always amazes me how only around them you are capable of smile” the voice of Mina was soft and curious, not trace of hurt in it. Momo stared at her, with a smile on her face, it was false, that smile didn't reach her eyes. “The way you act around them is so shockingly different to the real you, that I Like to tag along only to see Dahyun's Momo”

Momo chuckled, her hands balling into fists , unconsciously. The words of Mina were true, and the truth in them cut deeper than any knife on Momo's skin.

“Who do you like better? Dahyun's Momo or me?” Her voice was almost emotionless, only held a trace of curiosity. She shoved her hands in the pockets of her hoodie, a flashback of her younger self watching a young ballerina surprised her mind, how she used to hide behind a door, to watch for hours the practice of the ballet class.

Mina her chin as she was thinking deeply about the two faces of Momo, and how both of them were different but still Momo at the end. She ended up choosing that answer.

“In the end you are still Momo”

Momo frowned. Confused by the answer, her hands trembled about what that could possibly mean.

“What does that mean?”

Mina smiled, and stopped walking, her face was warm, and the sight made Momo's hear swell.

“I think you know what that means, but in the end, it doesn't matter, right?” She turned around “I'll go this way, I forgot to tell you that I was going to see Sana in the library, she needs some shoulder to cry”

Mina didn't bother to say goodbye, only began to walk, her long legs carried her as she was weightless. Momo felt something inside of her, bleed like a wound that never heals.

A memory played behind her eyelids, the vacant space inside her body screamed her loneliness at the world, she could only close her eyes, and feel her boredom swallow her whole.

“A small tiny girl ran across the corridors of the dance academy's where she studied since she was able to walk. Her parents are great friends with the director of the academy, so it wasn't a problem for her to enter. Momo grew accustomed to hear countless compliments that say she is a prodigy, she felt like a princess.

Her parents would gift her with sparkling sneakers, and pretty clothes, that were the envy of her mates. She would ran from school, ignoring her friends that wanted to spent their afternoons with them, even stopping doing homework to spend more time practicing.

One day, as she was walking through the corridors, heard classical music playing, it was a sad song, that made her heart clench, it was a soul calling for Momo, and followed the sound, she took steps and her legs trembled.

She came to stop near to the room where the ballet classes were imparted, and couldn't help but hid near the door, to spy on the little ballerinas. The Group of girls, between five to eight years, were chatting happily, and even some were giggling.

The instructor was making some tough stretches, and was teaching a little girl how to do them, the girl was younger than Momo and carried the elegance of a lady from the fairytale her mother read to her, when she was a toddler.

Momo was hypnotized by her, and she heard how the other girls call her.

“Black swan”

The girl blushed and stood on her toes, her skinny arms above her head, her eyes fixated on the ground. The other girls quickly gathering to follow their teacher instructions. There was an aura that separated them from the black swan, if it was out of respect, but this invisible wall refrain the other girls to approach the elegant girl.

Momo close her eyes, enjoying the music, and imagining some moves.

She stop feeling the flow of time, lost in the art that was the ballet.

When she opened her eyes, her heart stopped, the girl was looking at her, through the mirror. The girl eyes were curious and titled her head to the side, as if garter what was Momo doing there.
To Momo's horror, the teacher seemed to sense her in presence, because qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter