Part 05: Unexpected First Meetings! -01-

Dhampire Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter I: -Nexusia- The Dark Fate

“I should be the princess for Gemma and my mother... so that I can protect Yoona and Jae... so that I can find who my father...is”

Scene 01: Lightland’s consulate

An important meeting was held at Lightland’s consulate in order to talk about Krystal’s return. Krystal was standing in the middle of the council room surrounded by the sovereign and the chief of each of: the werewolves’ clan, the witches’ circle and the mermaids’ melody.

Krystal’s thoughts:

To be honest... it’s really weird to stand here like this for about 20minutes listening to them talking about me like a “politic issue”... When the meeting started they were like: “Knowing that Jessica’s daughter is alive is a relief! Welcome back to us!”

Then they started asking me questions about my opinion but don’t give me the opportunity to answer!!! Even the sovereign didn’t talk too much... I guess since it’s those three people here who pulls the strings...They are all weird here... actually what’s weirder is the chief of the mermaids who is in a small pool that is connected to the sea... I just can’t take my eyes off her... as Zalya, that witch from the Circle, can’t take her eyes off me! Probably because of Jaehyun! Yoona-unni told me to be careful of her...

“Even if I’m the original princess... The fact that I’m a dhampire torments them a lot... How could the people of Lightland accept a princess with a vampire blood? I should find a way to make them accepting me... no matter what!”

These were the thoughts that I had while listen to them... I was a little bit down and nervous... not sure about what to say or either what to do... But I didn’t know that what Zalya said to me would... make everything clear to me...

Zalya: “Princess...”

Krystal: “Y-Yeah?!”

Zalya: “In your opinion, what a princess should do?” She said to me with her cold confident tone!

Krystal: “Well... I...” But like I mentioned before...

Zalya: “Well a princess...” And here it starts again!!! “...should think about the sake of her country and people first of anything, right?”

Krystal: “Yeah...”

Zalya: “As you may know the witches of The Circle had always, generation by generation, been devoted to the wellbeing of Lightland... being our princess a dhampire won’t change that fact...”

I wasn’t the only one to nod in surprise as I heard what she said... the rest of the consulate’s members did as well! I guess that I don’t bother her after all... but what bother her is...

Zalya: “But for that... I want you to prove to us you’re loyalty as the Lightland’s princess... If you do then the faith of my witches and I will be your! What do you say?”

Well... The Circle is the strongest clan in Lightland... I must win their trust if I want to be the princess!

Krystal: “What do you want me to do?” I asked.

Zalya: “That wizard... Deliver him to us as the proof of your faith!” Hearing it I open my eyes widely not sure of what to answer...

The sovereign: “Zalya! Isn’t it too rude of you to say this?”

Zalya: “Dear Fiona...It’s not something new that a wizard is a curse to our land, right?” She then turned to me: “I’m sorry princess if I’d hurt your feelings... It may be difficult to you since you seem close to him... But you should know our position!”

Krystal: “To be honest...” I couldn’t shut my mouth any longer and just break my silence.

Krystal: “...I think you’re right Zalya! A princess should think about her empire before anything and not let personal emotions affect her duties toward her people she should rule with law... but I don’t think that there is a law that forbids the wizards existence, right?”

Zalya: “What do you mean about this?”

Krystal: “I don’t think its right to judge if a person must existed or not based on his origins or his ancestors’ mistakes...”

Zalya: “Well, it’s not like I can’t take him without your will... asking you is by courtesy, Princess! What do you think you’re doing right now? Are you provoking me? You may be Jessica’s daughter, but that doesn’t give you the right to provoke me!” She said with losing her composure.

Krystal: “And who gave the right to witches to exile the wizard? I won’t accept this! Jaehyun didn’t do anything to the witches so that you consider him as a curse? Is it being a wizard a crime?”

I could feel the tension between us increase... I won’t let her have Jae no matter what!!!

The sovereign: “Krystal...”

Krystal: “I want to prove myself to all of you... I want to make peace not only in Lightland but in all Nexusia... As my mother once did... I want to restart her “Truce” between Lightl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter