Chapter II

Hidden

Tzuyu's P.O.V 


"I need help for mine and Joy's anniversary," Yeri told me as soon as she settled herself on the bench right beside me. Park Joy is her girlfriend and also her classmate and best friend.

"Why me, why not ask Dahyun? I'd bet she'd be better at this," I replied with a scoff. "You know that Dahyun is a dork, she can't even say to Sana that she likes her, even though it's pretty obvious that Sana likes her too," Yeri chuckled. 

"She was hurt okay? Plus she said, she'd like it better if they only stay as best friends," I defended Dahyun. "Whatever you say, they'll still make a good couple anyway," Yeri shrugged.

Dahyun's part of our "queer club" including Jennie, Lisa, Momo and Seulgi which are our seniors but it doesn't really mean much. Although it's funny that we all share the same academic club which is Journalism Club, we are all also part of the dance club of the school and we all play softball. Our similarities became the reason why we came out to each other. Since then we helped each other with the person we like or just anything.

"So gonna help me with it?" She asked again, she looked hopingly at me and I can't help to sigh. "I'm really busy because finals are coming up but I can't just say no with you looking like a lost puppy," I answered and she smiled really wide, teeth showing.

"Thanks Tzuyu, you're a really cool dude, gotta go now since I still have to see my prof for something," with that she left.

After she left I looked at my phone and noticed a message from my best friend. She's been my friend since middle school and our families are also friends so it helped a lot with our friendship.

 

From: Beagle Som
Unicorn messaged me, I'm dying!!!! 

 

To: Beagle Som
Whatever dork, where are you btw? I'm dying from boredom

 

From: Beagle Som
In the library

 

To: Beagle Som
I'll be there, let's go to class together

 

I didn't wait for a reply and decided to fix my stuff and made my way to her. I was walking when I passed by Unicorn and said hi to her. "Hi Dani!" she smiled and waved at me before continuing her way with her friends.

I also happen to pass by my original "squad" and it was awkward. "Gonna have lunch with us?" Jihyo asked me but I shook my head. "Maybe tomorrow, I already promised to stay with Som," I kind of lied. What made me annoyed was that I saw Bambam and Yugyeom snickering behind Jihyo and the other 3 girls which is Chaeng, Jungyeon and Sana.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing, but we're just really curious why you are trying so much to avoid us?" Yugyeom asked being the shameless person he is which caused Jihyo to scold him before we parted ways.

I kind of also noticed that Mina isn't with them. Yeah, Mina's part of my squad which is why I usually stay alone to avoid her. It's hard but I need to or things might go wrong.

"Som!" I called to Somi once I saw her figure from the entance  which cause the librarian to look at me, I apologized and went to where Somi is sitting. Although Somi probably didn't hear me call her since I noticed she's wearing a headphone and too busy with the book she's reading.

I was planning to scare her but then I saw Mina coming to Somi's table and I didn't know what to do. I did the most proper thing I can think of, I tried to sound formal and said hi to her although she just smiled at me and sat at the seat beside Somi's.

"Uhh, Somi let's go," I said as I remove her headphone for her to hear me. She didn't ask anything else and only gathered her stuff before saying bye to Mina.

"Why is Penguin there?" I immediately asked Somi after we got out of the library. "She said she needed to study and being the gentle lady I am, I offered her to join me," Somi explained and was doing some random movements with her hands acting like a gentle man would.

"Now, don't tell me that you're jealous?" She asked but I didn't answer her. She started laughing and I know what she'll say next, "You are jealous!" she exclaimed but I only rolled my eyes at her.

"Let's go, we'll be late." I kind of pulled her roughly so that she'll stop saying anything about me "acting like a jealous kid." 

I sighed, wondering how I ended up in this messed up situation where I stay away from Mina but always long for her prescence and affection.