That Fateful Moment

Missed Connections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Fateful Moment

            It took all of Kyuhyun’s willpower to keep from meeting Ryeowook earlier than the day of the wedding.  All of it.  So on the morning of the wedding, he showed up an hour before he was told to be at the church and the moment he entered through the doors, he could smell the faint scent of Ryeowook and sighed in relief.  The long wait was finally over.  He would not wait until the ceremony itself, just in case Changmin’s prediction came true and Ryeowook went into heat upon meeting him.  They didn’t need to ruin Eunhyuk and Donghae’s wedding by mating in the church because they couldn’t control their urges.

            Kyuhyun ran down the stairs, careful to keep his suit from dragging on the ground, and rushed into the dressing room.  But when he entered, just the grooms were there, getting their hair done by Eunhyuk’s sister. 

            Without wanting to look too obvious, Kyuhyun hung up his suit on the hook and looked around, mumbling good morning to everyone in the room. 

            But some people could not be fooled by Kyuhyun’s attempt at acting disinterested in the assembly.  Eunhyuk glanced through the mirror at his friend and started laughing.  “Hear the music playing upstairs?”

            Kyuhyun stopped fidgeting and listened.  Someone in the church was playing the piano.  “Is that Ryeowook?”

            Eunhyuk nodded. “He wanted to hear what it would sound like in the church, since he’s playing a couple songs for us.  He’s playing the music for your songs as well, too, I believe.”

            “He promised he would,” Kyuhyun said, glancing back at the stairs.

            “Why don’t you go on upstairs and introduce yourself,” Eunhyuk suggested.

            He didn’t need to be told twice.  Before anyone had the chance to think the better of it, Kyuhyun ran up the stairs and headed into the church to listen to Ryeowook play.  He silently walked in through the side of the church and watched from a short distance away. 

            Amongst the lit candles and red roses, scattered over the ground, Ryeowook sat at the bench of a grand piano, playing a song and softly humming to himself.  His dress shirt was rolled up nearly to his elbows and his fingers travelled over the keys with ease.  He wasn’t even reading sheet music, playing the music by heart and sometimes closing his eyes when the sound overtook him. 

            Kyuhyun recognized the song as one of the pieces he’d be singing and contemplated singing along, but he did not want to break the trance his mate was under.  Ryeowook looked spellbound by the music and utterly beautiful.  He could wait a little longer. 

            And then, suddenly, Ryeowook gasped and stopped playing.  And, in a voice only barely audible to the alpha, he heard the omega whisper a single word.  A word which changed everything in an instant.

            “Mate.”

 

            Ryeowook was in love with the song that Kyuhyun had picked out.  The words were so romantic and although they’d been chosen for Eunhyuk and Donghae’s wedding, he thought they might also resonate a little between them as well.

Baby, I just want to love you

You open up my heart…So I…

I know and I believe in love at first sight.

When I open my eyes in the morning, I can feel

The kiss that left me in last night’s dream.

That feeling is still there and I smile all day, thinking about you.

            Ryeowook hummed along to the song, wondering what it would sound like when Kyuhyun sang the words.  He was already smitten with the song and long since in love with the alpha who was going to sing it, but he’d never heard Kyuhyun sing before. 

            As he was playing, he closed his eyes, trying to imagine what it would be like to finally meet the alpha, when he caught a familiar scent in the air, faint at first.  He smiled to himself, realizing that Kyuhyun must have entered the building.  Should he stop playing and run downstairs to intr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter