Miss #4

Missed Connections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miss #4

Two days later…

            It was time to face the rest of the world again.  Kyuhyun walked out of the hospital and turned his phone back on.  There were forty-six texts from Eunhyuk alone.  Another hundred and thirteen from his other friends, wondering why he wasn’t responding to his phone calls and texts.  He’d fallen off the face of the earth and no one knew why.  In truth, he really didn’t want to tell them about it, but they would find out soon enough.

            He dialed Eunhyuk’s number and listened as his friend picked up on the first ring, despite the late hour.  “Kyuhyunnie!  What the hell!” he was instantly lectured.  “You’ve had us all worried that you were in the hospital.”

            “I have been,” Kyuhyun quietly confessed, looking up at the building.  He really shouldn’t leave his mother and sister for long.  “Can you come down here and join me?”

            There was a pause and then a quick, “Of course.  Are you hurt?”
            “Not physically.  My father tried to commit suicide a couple days ago.  Seems like he’s run into some financial difficulties and thought it was easier to end his life than face them.  They’ve been trying to save him, but it looks like they won’t be able to.  They’re taking him off life support.”

            “Oh my God, Kyu…I’m so sorry!  I—I don’t know what to say!”

            “You don’t have to say anything, but I wouldn’t mind having you here when they pull the plug.”

            “Of course!  I’ll be down in a few,” he promised, getting off the phone without remembering to ask which hospital Kyuhyun was even at.  Kyuhyun sent him the details in a text and then sat down on a nearby bench, glancing through the other texts.  There was one from Ryeowook as well. 

            Tears welled up in the alpha’s eyes.  Why did this have to happen now, of all times?  He didn’t know the omega well enough to want to tell him all about his family problems, but he didn’t want to miss out on his one chance to date who might just be the person most suited for him.  But it couldn’t be helped, for now. 

           

            A few weeks passed and Donghae had sworn that Kyuhyun had a good reason for missing their date, but he was sworn to secrecy over the matter itself.  It was something that Kyuhyun would rather people not know about.  But this angered Ryeowook a little still because he’d heard nothing from the alpha himself, no calls or texts to apologize for missing their date.  And he’d never looked forward to something so much in his life.

            Finally, he arrived home from work one day to find Yesung so excited to see him, he was waiting at the door, jumping around.  “A package came for you!”

            “A package?” Ryeowook questioned.

            Yesung grabbed hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter