The Café

Don't Go (EXO Suho)

 

34MPJwSm.jpg

Rain was pouring heavily again today. It's March 7, exactly one month of my stay here in Paris.

Although it's raining, one thing I liked about it is that there will be less number of lovers roaming around the busy streets of the city walking hand-on-hand and all glued up together.

It's not that I'm bitter. I actually even think France is next to Italy as the most romantic country. But I already had my fair share of those romantic and silly moments with a lover. It just so happened all of it ended up in the worst ways possible.

Maybe that's why I never dated anyone for almost five years now. Nothing lasts forever as they say.

"Ugh," I sighed. "Those children better cherish those moments while it's there." I told myself while sipping the noisette I almost forgot on the table.

While taking a sip, I noticed a man on the rightmost corner of the café who just took a glimpse of me. 

Although I think he was already staring even before I saw him.

"Ah! Great!" I exclaimed. An idea popped into my mind about a lonely woman who met a beautiful man on a café one rainy morning. I typed in that idea immediately on the laptop in front of me. "Well, how about that?" I giggled.

I stole one glance at the man again but he was now busy talking on the phone. I can only see half of his face but I can tell he looks irritated. "A call from his wife, probably."

I brushed off the thought. I don't like to be a writer who writes plots about infedelity or anything that involves mistresses and the likes.

I looked outside the window beside me again. The rain was still pouring heavily. Good thing I have everything I need with me. A good coffee, my laptop, and my journal. Although the screen on my laptop has only one paragraph from the idea I just thought of. I stared at the blinking cursor feeling like it's signaling me to type something. 

Writer's block.

I tried to think positively. Paris is really a lovely city after all. I must use this place to free my mind and gather all source of inspiration I can get.

I wish I can just go outside, soak and dance myself in the rain, not caring about what people think. If only I can do that just to feel that I truly belong here, I'd do it without hesitations. But I can't. I still have an appointment one hour from now.

SUHO'S POV

"Uggggh, I told them I want to be alone even just for a few hours but there they go again!" I exclaimed angrily while holding my phone with lots of messages and missed calls. The recent one was from my manager.

I put the phone back in my pocket after putting it on silent mode and locked onto the metal bars the bicycle my manager rented for me.

TQcopYFm.jpg

It's my second time going out alone in the streets in a place other than Korea. First was in Switzerland but I don't count it that much because I never got the chance to be really alone.

Also, Paris is far enough from South Korea or other Asian countries for a lot of people to acknowledge me in this boulevard my manager and I had chosen.

I clearly remember he was all glued up on his laptop researching a place where there are only few people who would recognize someone like me. I also heard him talking to the guards to keep an eye of me from a distant.

My manager is very kind. He understood when I reasoned out I wanted to have some time alone although he was quite hesitant at first. So I insisted and suggested my manager to let me roam around and explore the streets with guards near me, but not close enough.

Of course, I'm going without Sehun. But we agreed to meet later before sun sets.

I also remember Sehun telling me to find him a bubble tea although I'm pretty sure he'll find one on his own. He likes it so much he even ordered one while boarding at Incheon Airport and last night when we arrived here.

I walked endlessly in the paths I never knew of. Paris is totally different from Korea. I don't even understand French so I really have no idea where I am. Although it's a good thing I'm surrounded by coffee shops.

I like coffee. Xiumin always makes me one every morning. I prefer tea though, and he knows it, but he said one coffee every now and then is good for the body. I realized it soon enough that it helps me be awake when we need to stay up late for dance rehearsals.

I smiled on the thought of how I think about my members even when I'm alone and supposed to be freeing my mind – the purpose of my walk this morning.

I didn't notice the darkening clouds forming up until it started to pour down. It was not sunny awhile ago but I never expected it'll rain in an instant.

I ran over to the side of one bookstore. I looked at how hard the rain is pouring while I reached out my hand then I suddenly felt thirsty. The smell of coffee and tea is stronger than the rain itself like it's really attracting you to try the coffee shops around.

eAivAXol.jpg 6pnAscGm.jpg

 

There were four coffee shops around me so I ran in front of one nearest to me and tried to take a look at the menu outside but since I can't understand French, it doesn't help. "Whatever, let's try."

~ ~ ~
A/N: Sorry for readers who likes short chapters. This story is only for readers with long patience  ㅋㅋㅋ ^__^