Cloud Nine

Those Are The Words Of A Gentleman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday, that’s the day everything starts. Mingyu really hated Monday. That’s the day the fun on weekends stopped and replaced with homeworks and its friends. But on the other hand, he could just play with his friends at school. Mingyu is now a sophomore at high school and everything has been perfect in his days. Well, except Monday.

 

Monday, that’s the day everything will change. Wonwoo is going to face a whole new world. He left his old town and he’s going to be stuck with his new town for a while. He didn’t know anyone except his neighbour on that town. He only prayed that he’ll get a new bunch of good friends since it’s a pity he has to leave his old friends.

 

Well, it all happens in Monday. The good luck, the bad luck, the fortunate luck and the unfortunate luck.

 

“Wonwoo, make sure to bring money! You tend to left your wallet home,” his mom said. Wonwoo smiled faintly and take his wallet from his mom’s hand.

 

“Good luck today. I hope you get new friends.”

 

Wonwoo can only smile and nods for approving his mother’s blessing. It’s not an easy thing to move and make new friends during sophomore year. If Wonwoo counted how many times he had sighed this morning, it’ll be hundreds.

 

Wonwoo walks slowly, encountering the new building where he will spend most of his time. He’s officially lost. He haven’t visit the place beforehand and there’s no one beside him now. He sighed once more and decided to just read the school’s map on a certain wall. Before someone tapped his shoulder.

 

“Hey. Are you new?” a certain male approaches. He’s wearing a uniform so Wonwoo thought that maybe he’s a student.

 

“Uh, yeah. Can you tell me where’s the teacher’s office?” Wonwoo nervously asked. 

 

“No need to be nervous, child. I shall you to the master’s office,” that person replied weirdly. Wonwoo scrunched a bit before chuckling at that person’s way of speaking.

 

“I’m kidding. Let me show you the teacher’s office. My name is Soonyoung,” he gives out his hand.

 

“Jeon Wonwoo,” Wonwoo smiled and shake his hand.

 

“Oh, and I’m on the theatre club. So excuse my weird words,” Soonyoung explains and chuckled.

 

They walked silently to the teacher’s office. Wonwoo just basically followed Soonyoung like a lost little puppy. After they reached the room, Soonyoung lets Wonwoo to deal with his administration thingy while he excused himself.

 

Wonwoo mostly just nods at the teacher when he explained some stuffs like basic rule around the school and gives him a handout of his schedule and a sheet full of his classmate’s names.

 

“Now you wouldn’t want me to you to your class. Uh let’s see…,” the teacher seems to be looking around the room for another student. “Kim Mingyu!”

 

A certain tall student turned his head and walks into their position in no time.

 

“Now, Kim Mingyu this is Jeon Wonwoo. He’s going to be a new student in your class. Do you mind getting him there? Or maybe if you don’t mind a little school tour?”

 

Kim Mingyu is a tall, well-tanned student. Wonwoo just opened his eyes widely upon seeing the figure. Wonwoo could feel his cold sweat is dripping off slowly. Kim Mingyu is fairly… intimidating.

 

“Oh, sure. Hop on, uh… What’s your name again?” Mingyu asked while showing his cute little canine smile.

 

“It’s Jeon Wonwoo.” 

 

“Okay then,” Mingyu pushed Wonwoo’s figure slowly to get him out of his stiff standing position.

 

Along the way through the classes, Kim Mingyu haven’t stop chirping about the school. Every student can tell stories about their school for hours to strangers. Mingyu has told Wonwoo about the horror side of the school, the good place to hang, the cliques, the teachers, the lessons, basically everything that popped up in Mingyu’s head. Wonwoo couldn’t answer much. He could only chuckle or nod hearing Mingyu’s story.

 

“Fun fact, this school has a rooftop. Do you want to see it?” Mingyu cutely offer.

 

“Sure, uh why not?”

 

“You’re not quite a talker, aren’t you?” Mingyu chuckled seeing the awkward answer from the shorter.

 

“No, I’m not a talker. I mostly listen to people,” Wonwoo sheepishly smiled.

 

“There you go. I’ve waited for your smile. You’re just so stiff, just chill out,” Mingyu put a slight push into Wonwoo’s back and just laughed.

 

He’s so cheerful.

 

The rooftop is basically empty. There’s several trash around the corner. Cigarette butts too.

 

“What do people usually do here, Mingyu?” Wonwoo asked out of curiosity.

 

“Well, as far as I know, this place is used to smoke until last month because the teachers has found out about this place with dozens of cigarette butts. Other than that, it’s just a getaway place or maybe a make out place, I don’t know,” Mingyu answered. Mingyu kind of wondered himself, what does the rooftop usually used for?

 

“A getaway place… Interesting. Can I eat lunch here?” Wonwoo asked again.

 

“Uh, yeah sure? Do you like this place?”

 

“I do. It’s windy and there’s a small place I could use for leisure. Thank you for introducing me to this place,” Wonwoo smiled.

 

“Your welcome, cutie pie,” Mingyu winked. Wonwoo is just confused.

 

Cutie pie?

 

After the rooftop visit, Mingyu took Wonwoo back to their class. He placed Wonwoo next to his desk near the window. Wonwoo seems excited about his seat and Mingyu could only shook his head in amusement.

 

“You like the sky a little bit too much, don’t you think?” Mingyu laughed as he sit down.

 

“Yeah.” Wonwoo turned around and smiled a bit.

 

Their nature personality is so different. But the difference is the thing that makes every people attracted to another. In a month, Mingyu is like a living thing next to Wonwoo. He always find a way to be with Wonwoo because he just feel comfortable of being so. His friends are accepting Wonwoo into their clique because Wonwoo is such a decent guy. Not to mention he’s smart.

 

It’s not weird to find Mingyu spending his night at Wonwoo's a day before an exam. Wonwoo doesn’t mind teaching Mingyu and his friends because he’s not going to study much if someone doesn’t ask him to tutor them.

 

One night, there’s a small celebration party at Soonyoung’s house. Wonwoo was invited and he intended to bring Mingyu along.

 

“Are you sure? These kind of party usually includes cigarettes and alcohol,” Mingyu warns Wonwoo one more time. He just saw Wonwoo as someone who dislikes something like this. While himself, it’s not like he dislikes it. He just fairly stopped going to parties because he felt like Wonwoo doesn’t like it.

 

“Sure. It’s on Soonyoung’s. I could always go home faster,” Wonwoo assures Mingyu.

 

Mingyu felt like he’s a mom who has

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter