Chapter 5

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin loves life.

He never thought he would ever look forward to waking up each morning but now he does. He sits up and there’s Jungkook sleeping beside him his eyes shut tightly and his mouth opens just a little. He is deep in sleep. Jimin gets up careful not to wake up Jungkook who just stirs a little and Jimin kisses his forehead before he is walking to the kitchen to make breakfast.

He decides pancakes for today and starts making the batter while he is smiling to himself. He can’t stop because everything is going so great and he is so happy with all of it.

When he finishes the pancakes he stacks them up and heads to the shower. When he comes back he finds a sleepy Jungkook already munching on the pancakes.

“Jiminie,” he says.

“Morning,” Jimin smiles as he sits down and Jungkook kisses him.

“Your breath smells,” Jimin says making a face and Jungkook chuckles while sneaking in another kiss.

They continue to eat their breakfast while Jimin talks about Uni and Jungkook listens and when he is done Jimin grabs his backpack and leaves for University but not before another kiss and hug from Jungkook.

University is as it always has been and Jimin is glad he didn’t miss much when he had to stay home and with some extra time he can be sure to catch up. Of course, there is always the tension of the fast approaching finals that daunts him constantly.

Jimin really needs that scholarship.

After University is done he heads straight to the diner and finds Seokjin and Hoseok busy cleaning up the place.

“Hey,” Hoseok says.

“Jimin,” Seokjin says. “You weren’t here yesterday”

“Yeah, I was a bit sick,” Jimin says.

“Of course you were, look how skinny you are,” Seokjin tuts. “You need to eat”

Jimin chuckles nervously and grabs the mop as he gets to work too and they open up for customers and soon the diner starts filling in as Jinyoung comes in too and him and Seokjin start pushing out orders and by the time it’s 9 Seokjin decides to close down just as Namjoon comes in too.

Jimin’s official working hours end at 6 but he doesn’t mind working extra because Seokjin always pays him for extra time and money is something that he always needs.

When he is done doing the cleaning he leaves saying his goodbyes to Namjoon and Seokjin who barely listen as Namjoon is standing with his fingers laced into Seokjin’s and a big smile on his face. Jimin smiles to himself glad that they don’t have to hide their love in front of him.

Just as he is done with his work Jungkook is in the front of the diner grinning and Jimin gets in smiling but it fades when he sees a bandage covering Jungkook’s cheek. He takes Jungkook’s face examining it with worry.

“What happened?” he asks.

“It’s nothing just a little scratch,” Jungkook reassures him.

“Jungkook you told me you won’t get into fights…,”

“Baby, it wasn’t a fight just a few punches here and there okay,” Jungkook says. “You don’t have to worry”

“I hate seeing you hurt,”

“I know and I promise I’ll take care of myself okay,” Jungkook says.

Jimin just nods biting his lips.

“Now come on we are going on a date,” Jungkook says.

“Date?”

“Yeah, a date and a proper one in a fancy restaurant,” Jungkook says.

“Jungkook…,”

“We’re going,” Jungkook says with a tone that means no more arguing.

“Fine,” Jimin huffs.

Jungkook quickly pecks Jimin’s cheek and starts the car while Jimin stares at the window and it seems like they are going to the fancier parts of the city. Jimin had been there once or twice with his mother when they would just wander and Jimin would watch the big houses and the shops in awe. It looked like a castle compared to their studio.

Jungkook finally stops his car in front of a restaurant and Jimin gulps. It looks like the fanciest place Jimin has ever been to.

He feels Jungkook’s hands grab his as he smiles at Jimin.

“Come on let’s go,” Jungkook says.

They walk in and the guy at the reception seems better dressed than either of them as he eyes them in a peculiar manner.

“We have a reservation in the name of Jeon,” Jungkook says.

“Let me see,” he says as he goes through his book and his face turns into a frown as he closes the book with a slam.

“Follow me,” he says.

They walk as Jimin’s grip tightens around Jungkook’s wrist. He looks around and the décor is so exquisite that Jimin can only imagine how much the food would cost.

“Here,” the man says.

Jungkook and Jimin sit down and as expected wondering who let these delinquents in this restaurant.

The man leaves and they are joined by the waiter who hands them a menu card and Jimin is afraid he is gonna stain them because they look so good unlike the stained ones back at Seokjin’s diner.

“I want a good champagne what do you recommend?” Jungkook asks the waiter and the waiter begins to list out names that Jimin has never heard before so Jimin just reads the menu and it is filled with things he can’t even pronounce the name of, that’s when you know something is expensive Jimin thinks.

Jimin ends up mumbling the name of the dish that seems to be the least expensive and the waiter is probably judging him as he jots down the name on the small notepad before leaving and another one comes along pouring champagne in tall wine glasses before he leaves too.

Jungkook takes a sip of the champagne and Jimin takes a sip of the bubbly liquid and it is definitely better than the beer and vodka he has tasted as he takes another sip satisfied.

“So, do you like it?”

‘It’s so fancy,” Jimin says. “Also it’s nice not being the waiter for once”

At that Jungkook chuckles as their water returns and places salad in front of them before leaving.

“That is it?’ Jimin asks. “It was just a salad”

“Guess so,” Jungkook says as he takes a small bite. “It seems tasty though”

Jimin takes a bite and he has to agree that it is the best damn salad he has ever tasted in his life.

He takes a sip of champagne and he feels Jungkook holding his hand from over the table with a little smile. Jungkook and him are never open with their affection mainly because people around them don’t feel the same way and this sudden movement surprises him as he looks around and finds a man looking at them and then looking away immediately.

“People…people are staring,”

“Who cares?” Jungkook says. “Let them”

Jimin purses his lips as Jungkook holds up his hands and kisses them lightly and Jimin looks away blushing.

“I love you,” he says.

“I love you too,”

Jimin and Jungkook finish their dinner and champagne and they leave while Jungkook has a hand around his waist and they are just the slightest bit tipsy.

They drive back home and fall asleep into each other’s arms.

The week passes just like that and Jungkook buys Jimin a gift of brand new sneakers.

“Kookie you didn’t have to,”

“Shush, just take it,” Jungkook says and Jimin very carefully opens the box and inside are new shiny Nike sneakers and it is the most expensive shoes Jimin has ever seen.

“Do you like it?” Jungkook asks.

“Of course, I do,” Jimin says as he takes out one and Jungkook smiles leaning in to kiss him.

“I didn’t like you see wearing those worn out sneakers,”

“They were actually quite comfortable…,” Jimin begins.

“Sure,” Jungkook says as he forces Jimin to wear the sneakers and Jimin is very happy because no one really ever noticed things about him and ask him if he is doing. He doesn’t blame his mother because she never had enough money to buy new things for him and now he has Jungkook and it’s just a bit overwhelming as he feels tears forming in his eyes and of course Jungkook is quick to notice.

“You okay, baby?” Jungkook asks his voice laced with concern.

“Yes, thank you,” Jimin says as he kisses Jungkook. “I really love you”

“Me too,”

Later that week Jimin decides to visit his mother but this time he isn’t alone as he feels Jungkook’s hands in his. They are walking down the hallways and the nurses smile at Jimin while eyeing Jungkook and they are finally in the room where Jimin’s mother is.

Jimin goes in and Jungkook follows looking nervous and Jimin doesn’t understand because it isn’t like his mother would say anything to him. Jimin first replaces the withered flowers with fresh ones before sitting down on the bed and Jungkook hesitantly sits on the stool.

“Hey mom,” Jimin says. “How have you been?”

Jimin knows there won’t be a reply and that he probably looks crazy to Jungkook talking to his mother in a coma.

“Hi…hi Mrs. Park,” Jungkook says.

Jimin looks at him with a smile before taking her hand in his and he notices the wrinkles and his heart breaks a little.

“So, I brought someone special for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter