Chapter 12

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin wakes up to a loud crash that he hears from the kitchen and he immediately gets up to see what is it when he sees Taehyung on the kitchen floor picking up pots and pans.

“Oh hey Jimin,” Taehyung says with a sheepish smile.

Jimin sighs.

“What were you up to?” he asks.

“I was a bit hungry and you were asleep…,” Taehyung trails off.

“You should have just woke me up,” Jimin says.

“I’m sorry,”

Taehyung puts back the utensils where they are supposed to be.

“So, what do you wanna eat?” Jimin asks.

“Eggs and toast,” Taehyung says.

Jimin nods as he turns the stove on and starts making breakfast.

“Thanks, Jimin,”

“You’ve been staying here for two weeks when will you stop saying thanks,” Jimin asks Taehyung.

“Look I don’t know where I would be if you wouldn’t let me in,” Taehyung says. “And I’m very grateful for that”

Jimin smiles at Taehyung.

“Of course I would have let you in you are my only friend,” Jimin says.

Taehyung suddenly hugs Jimin and Jimin hugs him back.

“You don’t know how much of a mess life was after you know…you left,” Taehyung says.

Jimin senses the hesitation in Taehyung’s voice. He knows Taehyung is always careful about bringing Jungkook in the conversation and he never says his name directly. It’s like an unspoken rule almost.

“I was very alone you know,” Taehyung says. “Even Yugyeom was back at his hometown”

“Oh,”

“And Yoongi and Hoseok would treat me as the third wheel…,”

“What about Jungkook?” Jimin asks. It’s weird for Jimin to say his name out loud and his heart feels heavy. He is flipping the egg on a plate and he can’t see what Taehyung’s face is like but there is utter silence.

Jimin finally turns around as he keeps the plate of eggs and toast in front of Taehyung who is just looking at Jimin before he finally speaks up.

“He was um very distant,”

“Oh,”

Jimin turns the stove off and pours himself some cereal and milk in a bowl.

Taehyung is eating his breakfast very quietly but looking at Jimin every now and then.

“Taehyung,”

“Yeah,”

“How is Jungkook doing?” Jimin asks.

Taehyung looks like he has seen a ghost and he drops the last piece of toast back on his plate but soon regains his composure.

“He is doing okay,”

“Oh,” Jimin says and there is silence again.

“Do…do you guys still talk?” Jimin asks. He knows he should stop asking these questions because it would reopen wounds that he has worked hard on healing.

“Um yeah,” Taehyung replies.

“Oh,”

“Where is he now? I mean where does he live?”

“His old flat,” Taehyung says.

“Oh,” Jimin says. He is twirling his spoon into the bowl wondering if he should really ask more about Jungkook.

“Does…does…,”

“Huh,”

“Does he see that girl?” Jimin finally asks and the images of the night flash in front of his eyes. He had them buried deep inside where he kept all his bad memories.

“Which girl?” he hears Taehyung ask. “That one….,”

Jimin doesn’t respond.

“Well um actually there was never…,”

Jimin doesn’t think he can hear anything else.

“I um never mind Taehyung,” Jimin says taking Taehyung’s empty plate and his still full cereal bowl and dumps them in the kitchen sink and starts washing them.

“I can do that…,” Taehyung says.

“No, it’s fine I have time,” Jimin says with a smile as he goes back to washing the dishes and it is more so he can occupy himself with something.

When he is finished he goes to shower and then decides to leave for Uni and on the way, Jungkook’s thoughts plague him. He has been mostly successful at keeping Jungkook out of his mind but he ruined it all today.

In the lectures, Jimin somehow manages to focus and when he goes to work he gets busy enough to not think about anything for a while.

But when Jimin gets off work and walks to the bus stop memories flood in of the times he used to see Jungkook across the street looking like trouble but yet so irresistible. Jimin should have known better to not mess with him but how was he supposed to resist that bunny like smile and the eyes that Jimin swears hold the universe in them.

His soft pink lips and the mouth out of which the sweet lies always rolled in.

‘I love you Jimin,’

‘I’ve never loved anyone as much as I love you,’

‘You’re my everything Jimin,”

“I want to be with you forever,’

The bus is taking forever to come and Jimin is reliving the memories he so desperately wants to never see but the place is special in its own way.

Jimin is more than relieved when his bus finally shows up and he takes the last seat while he puts on The Smiths.

 

 

“A blind date really,” Jimin asks.

“Oh yeah,” Taehyung says as he sprays an obnoxious amount of hair spray on his newly dyed ash gray hair and coughs.

“I am thinking of putting myself out there,” Taehyung says.

“That’s nice,”

“You’re always welcome to tag along,” Taehyung says. “I mean you never know you might find your love of your life”

Jimin laughs.

“No thanks, I’m good,”

“Shame, you are missing out on a great opportunity,”

“That’s fine,” Jimin says. “Besides I’ve got a lot of revision to do and stuff”

“Of course yeah you should study,” Taehyung says with a smile.

“So I’ll see you later,” Jimin says.

“We’ll see about that I mean if my date is really amazing you never know…,”

“Wow, well I hope you have fun,”

Taehyung grins.

“I am gonna go now,” he says. “See you”

“Bye,”

Taehyung leaves closing the door behind him.

Jimin sighs a little before he focuses back on his revision but he can hardly even focus on anything no matter how hard he tries.

Jimin decides to watch TV instead and spends a good amount of time flipping through channels but nothing is even worth watching.

For dinner, he decides to make stew but only to find out that they have run out of groceries so Jimin settles for a cup of ramen.

Even though it’s only 10 pm Jimin decides to sleep because he just exhausted. Jimin is almost ready to fall asleep when his phone rings.

It’s an unknown number but Jimin picks it up anyway.

“Hello,”

“Hello um is this Jimin?” he hears a deep male voice on the other end.

“Uh yes,” Jimin answers hesitantly.

“Oh do you happen to know Jeon Jungkook?” the man asks.

“Uh, I am um uh yeah why?” Jimin asks. “Who are you?”

“I am Officer Lee and Jeon Jungkook picked a fight with someone on 34th street and he was very drunk and now he is passed out…,”

“What?” Jimin yells.

“Yes sir,” the officer says. “You were in his emergency contacts and we decided to let you know”

“Where is he now?” Jimin asks.

“At the city medical center,” the officer answers.

“Okay thank you so much officer,” Jimin says before hanging up. Jimin immediately grabs his coat and gets a cab to the hospital. Jimin can feel his heart beating faster as he desperately prays for Jungkook to be okay.

He doesn’t know why he cares so much still but even the thought of seeing Jungkook hurt makes him shudder as he lets a few tears fall.

When he finally reaches the hospital Jimin practically rushes to the reception.

“Jeon Jungkook…there is a Jeon Jungkook admitted here,” he says his voice shaky, “Can you tell me which room?”

“Room 309,” the nurse answers and Jimin rushes to the third floor. The elevator doesn’t seem fast enough and he immediately goes toward the room 309 when he is stopped by someone.

“Excuse me you are,” the man dressed in a police uniform asks.

“I am Jimin I am here to see Jeon Jungkook...is he okay?”

“Hi Jimin I am Officer Lee we talked on the phone….,”

“Oh yes,” Jimin says.

“We don’t know if he will be okay yet or not he has a dangerous amount of alcohol in his bloodstream and when he does get okay we would have to take him into custody,” Officer Lee explains.

“Custody…,”

“The man who your friend beat up sustained some injuries and has decided to press charges,”

“Oh,” Jimin says.

Officer Lee nods grimly.

“We have to wait till your friend is stable again,”

Jimin nods again before he mindlessly finds himself a seat and sits down his head in his hand. Everything is a mess now…

“Jimin,” he hears a voice that sounds too familiar.

Jimin looks up to see Seokjin.

“Jimin what are you doing here?” Seokjin asks.

“Seokjin hyung,” Jimin manages to say before he starts crying and Seokjin hugs him.

“What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter