Chapter 14

Leather Jackets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jimin wakes up the next day the first thing he notices is how he is cuddled up to Jungkook who seems to be still fast asleep. A smile spreads across Jimin’s face as he thinks about everything that had happened the previous night. He is so glad that Jungkook is by his side now and that he doesn’t have to worry about him going away. Jimin won’t let that happen, not again.

Jimin proceeds to get up and since Jungkook is a heavy sleeper he doesn’t react and is still asleep. Jimin first heads to the kitchen to see if he can make some breakfast for them. He goes through all the cabinets and founds almost nothing but some ready to make meals and some condiments.

When he checks the fridge it is devoid of anything but alcohol and some milk that Jimin is positive has long gone bad.

Jimin decides to go do some grocery shopping. He is starving and Jungkook’s pantry should have something that isn’t processed.

Jimin heads out to the nearest store and buys everything that he needs. He is back soon and he is greeted by a very frantic Jungkook as soon as he sets foot in the house.

“Jesus Jimin,” he says. “Where were you?”

“I just went to the store…to get a few things,” Jimin says. “What happened?”

“Nothing I…,” Jungkook pauses. “I just thought you…you left again”

Jimin’s heart breaks a little as he hears the worry in Jungkook's voice. He sets aside the grocery bag and holds Jungkook’s face in his hands.

“I am not going anywhere Jungkook,” Jimin says. “I am here to stay”

Jungkook just nods.

“I love you,” Jimin says hugging him.

“I love you too,” Jungkook says pressing a kiss on Jimin’s head.

“Now, let me go,” Jimin says. “I have to make breakfast”

Jungkook chuckles as he lets Jimin go who heads to the kitchen while Jungkook follows.

“You have no food in the house,” Jimin complains as he begins to put the groceries away and Jungkook helps him. “How do you even survive?”

“On takeout and cup noodles,” Jungkook says with a shrug.

“You know that is so bad for you,” Jimin says.

“Yeah, yeah, I do,” Jungkook says.

Jimin takes out a pan from the cabinet that is collecting dust. He washes it first and places it on the stove humming a tune to himself as he cracks a few eggs in a bowl.

“What?” Jimin asks suddenly self-conscious as he notices Jungkook is just standing there staring at him.

“Nothing,” Jungkook says with a fond smile on his face as he makes his way to Jimin and hugs him from the back.

Jimin smiles as Jungkook gently kisses Jimin’s neck.

“I missed you so much,” he says.

“Me too,” Jimin says thinking back to the empty mornings of cold cereal when Taehyung would be beside him trying to get Jimin to talk but Jimin was too far gone to even register half of the things Taehyung was saying.

“I have to cook,” Jimin says.

Jungkook let go of Jimin but not before kissing his cheek.

“I’ll go shower or something,” he says. “You are free to join me after you are done you know”

“JUNGKOOK,”

Jungkook walks off laughing.

Jimin finishes making the scrambled eggs and toast when Jungkook appears dressed in shorts and a white shirt his hair still dripping wet. Jimin forgets to breathe for a second.

They eat in the living room on the little sofa.

“This is so ing delicious,” Jungkook says eating as if he has been starving for the past week. “It’s been so long since I had good food”

Jimin only smiles.

They finish the breakfast and as Jimin gets up to keep his dish in the sink Jungkook stops him taking his hand.

“It’s a Sunday you know,” he says very hesitantly. “Do you think you can spend the rest of the day here with me?”

Jimin wasn’t planning to leave either and was thinking of ways to prolong his visit somehow. He smiles as he sits down again.

“I really didn’t wanna leave either,” he says.

Jungkook smiles his forehead touching Jimin’s as he pecks Jimin’s lips.

Jimin’s heart threatens to explode from how loved he feels.

He didn’t ever expect to be this happy again.

 

 

Jimin and Jungkook spend the rest of the afternoon cleaning up the house while Jimin yells at Jungkook for the state of the house and Jungkook makes a poor defense about not having enough time.

When they are done they cuddle up on the tiny sofa to watch a movie only it ends up with a lot of kisses making it hard to focus on the actual movie.

When it’s late in the evening Jimin decides it’s time to leave.

“Do you really have to go?” Jungkook asks a frown on his face.

“I have assignments to do,” Jimin says. “A lot of them”

“Okay,” Jungkook says but he doesn’t seem okay with it.

“I’ll come to see you tomorrow okay Kookie,” Jimin says.

Jungkook just nods.

“Love you,” Jimin says kissing him.

“Love you more,” Jungkook says.

Jimin smiles before he hugs Jungkook just holding him close his eyes closed. He feels so grateful to have Jungkook back with him in his life.

Jimin stands up after a while and waves Jungkook a goodbye. He is all smiles on the way back home in the bus just thinking about Jungkook.

When he finally reaches home he sees Taehyung who is sprawled on the living room couch watching reality TV yet again.

Taehyung immediately turns off the TV sitting up looking at Jimin with a playful little smile on his face.

“So,” he finally says.

“So,” Jimin repeats.

“Ah, Jimin,” Taehyung says standing up and hugging Jimin. “I am so happy for you and Jungkook”

“Me too,” Jimin mumbles. He can't stop smiling.

 

 

The next day as soon as Jimin finishes his shift at the diner he takes a bus to Jungkook’s home eager to see him. They hadn’t talked at all day except for exchanging Good Mornings through texts and frankly, Jimin couldn’t wait to see his beautiful boyfriend’s face.

Jimin rings the doorbell twice and Jungkook opens a whole minute later he looks shocked to see Jimin and even more taken aback when Jimin hugs him.

“I missed you,”

“Missed you too,” Jungkook says closing the door before he hugs Jimin back holding him tightly.

Jimin soon breaks apart from the hug and pecks Jungkook’s lips standing on his tip toes.

“I didn’t think you would actually come to see me,” Jungkook says.

“Of course I would come,” Jimin says.

Jungkook smiles his eyes crinkly.

“I am so happy you did,” he says.

They kiss again when Jimin smells something.

“Is something burning?” he asks.

“Oh, , the fried rice,” Jungkook says running off to the kitchen while Jimin follows laughing.

“Were you actually cooking?” Jimin asks.

“Yeah, I tried to copy what you do and make myself a big pot so I could eat it for dinners,” Jungkook says. “But I burnt it”

“It’s okay,” Jimin says checking the rice. “Not all of it is burnt”

Jungkook nods.

“I am proud you tried”

Jungkook grins.

“Come on, I’m starving can we eat,”

Jungkook nods bringing the pot out to the living room while Jimin brings two plates.

Somehow Jimin has never felt happier than this moment as he is eating burnt fried rice (but still tasty) with Jungkook whose smile is enough to light up Jimin’s world.

 

 

Jimin and Jungkook are on Jimin’s tiny bed. Jungkook has been here for the first time in months.

Jungkook is playi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter