Chapter 5

All Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho carried a genuine smile as he walk along the hallway of his company. That smile has been absent for such a long time and was never seen graze his face ever since that fateful day.  The employees was definitely shock to see their usually brooding boss was walking with a smile. It was never there. Yunho usually walk with arrogance, his head straight and chin up that no one even dare to meet his gaze or they think they will shrink. Yunho really doesn't care to be honest. It seems like the Yunho they are seeing right now might have been possessed by some great soul and it radiates his aura. 


Yunho shocked them more when he did the unusual. Patting Mr. Lee's shoulder who sat in the reception area that startled the poor old man. Never in his life he was recognized by his boss despite of being in Yunho's company for 5 years. Yunho just pass by and go without getting a glimpse who the hell is sitting in the reception desk. That’s his assistance job for all he care. He has the right to come and go since he's the boss and he runs the company. Yunho gave them a job and they need to make sure they’re good at it. They are being paid in every seconds they entered Yunho’s company. He has all the right whether he has time to know his employee or not and the old Yunho chooses not to know them. 


Regardless of their boss being a natural arrogant person, it’s the opposite traits of Yunho's wife Jaejoong. They had met him a few times in a company gatherings and they knew how genuine of a person he is. He has this natural aura that makes the room lighten in just a glimpse of his smile. His eyes spokes a thousands emotion and that makes them love and respect him at the same time. It’s just so sad that they don’t see the man anymore.

They have heard the rumor  circulated the company a few years back about yunho having a woman beside his wife. They assumed that the couple have separated due to Yunho's infidelity which might be the reason of how Yunho started to distance himself from people around him. He tends to be alone all the time. Even his secretary is a stranger to him. 


It’s Monday morning and has a good weather based from the forecast showing on the television on the company lobby. Employees were scattered for a busy Monday and beginning of the year. They might thought there’s some miraculous things happened to their boss' s weekend to be in a bright mood. They are not use to it. Because Yunho isn’t the way he is right now. Something must have happened to see the sudden change in Yunho. 


He is smiling. 


He seems to be happy. 


And he looks brighter than the usual dull aura they use to see. 


That happiness in his eyes looks so real. 
It’s genuine. 


And they wish, Yunho could stay like this. It would make their life easier than having a brooding boss who snaps all the time. 


“Good morning boss.” A young intern greets Yunho and he smiled in return. 


“Good morning Mr. Yoon. Doing good so far?” The poor kid started stuttering as Yunho gaze at him. 


“Uhmmm.”


“Be cool. I’m not going to bite you. Make sure to remember what your superior advises you. Who knows you’ll become regular here.” Yunho step on the lift and wave at his employees who witness the short chat. Leaving them gaping at Yunho who have seen chuckling at his employees reactions. 


Everything seems changing. He thought.


Yunho was ecstatic upon hearing that Jaejoong can possibly meet him in 2 weeks. Although Jaejoong did not state that he will bring Yoona with him,  Yunho still has a hope that the time is finally approaching and his wait is worth waiting. 
He is so excited to see his family again. He won’t push himself to Jaejoong. He knows the extent of what he had done. He would willing to wait for Jaejoong to accept him again.  If he was able to wait several years for them to meet, a bit more time wouldn’t even matter. He is terrible in patience to be honest, but he had learned that rushing things only results to incorrect decisions and regrets. He was hoping that he'll be forgiven by Jaejoong. He really wish. 


“Mr. Jung?” Yunho was startled when he saw his secretary staring at him. He realize that the lift had been open for him and tiffany is trying to continuously pushing the button to keep it open for him. Waiting for him to take his time. 


“Sorry about that. I was just thinking of something I didn’t see you there.” Tiffany had a hint of smile on her face.

So rumor is actually true. Her boss seems changed all of a sudden. As far as he can remember she always works with a man full of arrogance and no considerations. She  doubt if her boss even know her name. She never called him in her last name what more on her first name? He always call her with a title Miss. And one more thing, her boss doesn’t know how to apologize. What in the hell is happening to him all of a sudden? Tiffany wonders, but in all honesty he missed this old Yunho. She was hoping Yunho would finally go back and pick up his old self again and won’t lock himself from the world. 


“Miss Hwang, please clear my schedule on the next two weeks. I have really important matter to attend to.” She finally smiled. 


And she finally called her last name. 


“That won’t be a problem Mr. Jung, anything else?”
Yunho smiled at her and nod. 


“What about a cup of coffee?”


Tiffany enthusiastically put her boss' suitcase on his table and smiled. 


“Coming right up.” Before she turned, she saw the smile on her boss' face. He's turning to the old Yunho and she likes it. 

 

*****

 

“Mama, when are we gonna meet Handsome Uncle?” Jaejoong had been hearing that question several times from his daughter. He doesn’t have any idea why Yoona was so excited to meet the stranger. It would still be a stranger to him of course. He doesn’t know the guy for Christ sake and wouldn’t allow Yoona to just meet him on a casual time of the day just because she say so. 

 

“I’m not sure honey. Mama is still busy,  you see? We'll bring you later to the mall and buy you some clothes because we will be meeting an old friend next week, that after I got home.”

 

“But you said  we will meet him.” Yoona has a pout on her and Jaejoong can’t stop himself from staring. He can see himself from Yoona's pout but all of her, looks so much like Yunho. He sighed. 

 

He wonder if Yunho was excited to meet them as well. When he talk to Yoochun, he says he can’t let himself be fooled again and embrace Yunho back into their lives. He doubt it. He doesn’t even know if he could still give Yunho a chance. Maybe a chance to be a father to Yoona. But reuniting as ex-husband and ex-wife? He doubt it. The divorce paper had been stock in the court's cabinet if he may ask. He can’t let himself be hurt again. He needs to give himself more credit to it. He already learn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter