Chapter 2

All Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 YEARS LATER

 

They said that LOVE is a very powerful word. And it is indeed. Love can give many beautiful meanings in your life if you can feel it to yourself. It can gave a person so much to grow and get inspire by it. But as the life says if there is a good one there is also a bad part about it. But the bad part about it is; it has a power to kill you. He had been a fruit of a well loved family. His surroundings was full of happy memories; people would always ruffled his hair and gave him full appreciation how beautiful he is even though he's obviously a boy. It's either a pinch on his cheek because of his cuteness or a tight hug that would always left him much needed air.

 

He was often called pretty than handsome when he was a kid. Maybe it's because of his long natural golden brown hair. He remembers to give a childish scream and tantrums when his mom ask him to cut his hair short. He was able to hide in his noona's room and kept himself lock until dinner that left his parents worried sick. Giving up to the idea to cut his hair short he jump in victory to see his parents eyeing him intently and reprimanding him that someday he'll gonna ask to cut his hair short which is he did after 2 weeks.

 

It's also an added factor to his physical feature his natural glowing skin. He was born naturally with a white glow that would put some woman in shame. His classmate gave him the title of male version of snow white which irritates him sometimes because they're treating him like some fragile girl. It's starting to get some nerve when guys started hitting in him. Some of his classmates would often He has sisters who loves him dearly. Jihyo. She's a very brave woman and she's the kind of sister who will always cover you whenever you got yourself in trouble. That's why Jaejoong grew up spoiled with love and luxury. But he's the kind of brat in a good way the brat who did not act with his title despite of everything he has splayed in front of him he never forget to be thankful and share his blessings to others.

 

Some people think he's unapproachable but that is actually the opposite despite of the first impression he always got. Junsu could always give a vouch to that.

 

And now that he's trying to gave a very good impression so he can get the job it seems like it's a win win situation as of the moment base on how the woman scrutinise him. She barely got a smile on her face. Her round eyeglasses seems to be a props lying above the bridge of her nose to cover such an emanating aura. She has a strong personality Jaejoong can say as she sit stiffly on her swivel chair and it feels like she has a straight pipe sticking on her back by the way how prominent her posture is. "Are you sure about this job Kim Jaejoong sshi? I expect an extraordinary talent to run this restaurant. Do you know how heavy your responsibility is?"

 

"I do Madam."

 

"You know as well that this is not just some cheap restaurant where people could dine in and out." "I understand that as well Madam."

 

"This is a five star hotel Mr.Kim and we expect to have a chef with a gut to impress our VIP customers."

 

"I can vouch for that "

 

"It seems like you've a lot of experince. Your profile is impressive it shows right here that you were able to study culinary in Paris?"

 

"I do Madam."

 

"What happened why did you chose to work in Korea if you can get yourself in to one of the famous Italian restaurant in Paris?"

 

I have a daughter madam. I left her when she is only 8mos. My mother told me she will take care of her until I graduated even if it's too hard for me to left her here. I barely survive the first few months that I am away from her but I did." There is a hint of smile hidden in her face despite of the strict aura she is exceeding.

 

"Well that shows just how brave you are. I will expect a lot from you Kim Jaejoong sshi. Make me proud. You will start on Monday. I think you'll look good in white." The lady stood up and tended her right hand congratulating Jaejoong.

 

"Thank you Madam. Thank you so much." Jaejoong get home so fast that day wearing a big smile showing on his face.

 

*****

 

"Yoona yah ~~~." Jaejoong slumped his tired self on the couch as he laid his head on the arm rest. His impending head ache is trying to appear again and it seems like his ball of sunshine is not around to caress the aching temporal part of his head. It's been a tiring day and today was just the same hectic day he always experience at the restaurant.

 

He was proud of himself for impressing the numbers of VIP's of the restaurant and even ask who the master chef is and congratulate him for the job well done at the same time the promising support from them. He already shown enough of his skills to his colleagues and impress them for every single master piece they can taste from him. The Managing Director was very glad that he could meet all the people's expectation and views. The stiff shoulder and strict aura has long gone from her face and was able to maintain a professional posture and smile every time she walk with Jaejoong in the restaurant.

 

He was offered to lead the next big catering that will happen in Jeju. This is the gatherings of all business associates and tycoons in a most promising conference held every year in Seoul. He felt very excited about it but at the same time he felt nervous. He is planning to bring his mom and Yoona in Jeju so they can go ahead and roam around. He have to talk to his mom tomorrow.

 

*****

 

Yunho was about to enter the boutique to get a new pair of suit when he felt a tap on his shoulder. "Yunho?" Yunho frown and wasn't expecting to see a familiar face.

 

"Changmin? Is that you?" Yunho began to scan the face of the guy which pretty much 2 inches taller than him. The frown on his face was suddenly change to a wide smile when the guy name Changmin nodded and gave him a hard thump in his back as they hug each other halfway.

 

"I am pretty sure it's you. I will always remember your gorgeous back captain." Yunho chuckled and smiled.

 

"I am far from being your captain in Basketball anymore. I am a lawyer now." That news send a disbelieving look in his friend which yunho could only expect.

 

"Are you kidding me? So . . . It should not be captain then but attorney!!!." Changmin exclaimed.

 

"How you've been doing?" Yunho looked at his friend who gets more matured and handsome.

 

"What about let's chat this over a cup of coffee? It's been a long time."

 

"That's a great idea I am actually hungry have not eaten my lunch yet. I am on the way to my favorite restaurant downtown would you mind joining me?"

 

"Sure. Are you heading south because that's my way."

 

"Great we're on the same way. Do you have a car? Maybe you can just follow me until then." They both arrived in the parking lot and yunho strode towards his white Audi while changmin went to his own.

 

"Yunho! Just follow me ok? You'll definitely love the food I'm sure you'll love the people around as well." Changmin said meaningfully yunho could only stare at his friend as he can see the hint of smug in his friends face.

 

***** *****

 

Yoochun busied himself it's only quarter to 1 in the afternoon and the restaurant had been full since the very hour he displayed the sign OPEN againts the front door. He needs to hire another assistants or two to accommodate every single customers.

 

"Uncle Yoochun!!!" Yoochun's ear perked up when he heard that cute little voice and when he turned around his legs was hug by a little body wearing all pink. 

 

"Hey sweetheart! How are you today?" Yoochun lift the little girl into his arm and place her in the kitchen counter of the restaurant. The little girl pout and look sadly to her uncle.

 

"Mama isn't home yet so I ask gwandma if I can go to uncle chun?" Yoochun laugh heartily loving the genuine cuteness of Yoona.

 

"Aawww Yoona yah. You miss uncle chun or you miss my cheese cake?" The little girl smiled cheekily this time revealing a pearl white teeth.

 

"Both!!" Yoochun laugh and was about to get some slice for the little girl when his assistant taemin come knocking gently on the door to announce his presence.

 

"Yoochun Hyung Changmin is here with a friend. He's looking for you." Yoochun nod and smiled at taemin bringing Yoona along with him.

 

"Is that so? I'll be there in a sec." Yoochun turn towards the kid and smiled at her.

 

" You still remember uncle changmin?" Yoona nodded and wrapped her little arms on yoochun's neck. "C'mon Let's meet his friend."

 

******

 

Yunho and Changmin took the large table near the counter registry area because changmin knows Yoochun will joined them a little later and indeed he saw his friend walking towards him and his excitement doubles when he saw Yoochun carrying little Yoona in his arms. With his excitement changmin stood up and open his arms to welcome the ball of sunshine that always makes his day brighter.

 

"Hello little one. Come give uncle a hug." Yoochun let Yoona walk as the little kid jump to changmin's arms kissing his favorite uncle.

 

"I miss you uncle min. Mama says you are busy that's why you're not always here." Yoochun took a seat across from them as changmin let Yoona sit in between him and yunho.

 

"By the way Yoochun hyung. Here's my college friend Jung Yunho we met coincidentally at the mall a while ago." Yoochun smiled and bowed his head as he extend his arms to give the guy a welcome handshake.

 

"Yunho he's my best friend Park Yoochun. He owns this restaurant for 5 years. And this little ball of cuteness is Kim Yoona. Her mama is not around so it's a good thing." Yoochun fist bump changmin as if he agreed that its a good thing the mother of the kid is not around.

 

Yunho stared at the little girl who is actually staring back at him. He smiled and Yoona smiled back as she extend her tiny hands towards him. She's so lovely and very pretty. The mother of this kid must be beautiful to have a genes reflecting on a pretty daughter he thought.

 

He remembered the flashback of his past. What if he hadn't gone cheating? What will happen? Would he be able to make his family happy? Would he obtained the word contentment? He regret those unfaithful times and he wished to take it back so he can start a new one but past will always haunt his present.

 

"I am Kim Yoona. Can I call you Uncle as well?" Yunho snap from his thoughts and nod as he took her little hand and kiss it. The tiny hand felt wonderful againts his large one and it felt like yunho can't breath all of a sudden because he was too overwhelmed. He wonders if he managed to have a heart disease because as far as he knows he's perfectly healthy.

 

Just a few more minutes later Yunho and Yoona looks so comfortable with each other. Yunho feeding the little girl the vanilla ice cream and cheese cake while little Yoona was doing the same to Yunho feeding Yunho the cheese cake not bothering about the spoon hitting yunho's nose and getting some cheese cake remains which cause the little girl to laugh. Yunho ruffled the little girl's hair and playfully put some cheese cake icing on her little nose as she scream in surprise.

 

Yoochun and Changmin wonders if they're imagining things in front of them.

 

Yunho and Yoona just look exactly identical and looks like a long lost father and daughter reunion.

 

Changmin and Yoochun could only gawked at them.

 

Yoona was all smile when she got home. Yoochun send her home and was happy to get a take home cheese cake with her. Yoochun wants to see his friend since the guy never paid a visit to his restaurant lately and according to yoona Jaejoong is always tired when he gets home. Yoochun rang the bell twice and it seems like no one is in the house but when he walked towards the living room he saw Jaejoong sprawled on the sofa with his chef uniform Yoochun felt that jaejoong is working so hard he must be tired and felt sorey for his friend. He told Yoona not to be so noisy and let her mama sleep. He went to the kitchen and put the cheese cake inside the fridge and kiss Yoona goodbye.

 

Yoona sit closely to her mama as Jaejoong sleeps soundlessly. She chuckled as she get up from the couch and walk towards her mama's bedroom. When she get back she is carrying a fluffy blanket for her mama and carefully splayed it over to jaejoong. The movement cause Jaejoong to stir a little but Jaejoong remains sleeping. Yoona kiss her mama on the forehead as she strode towards her room. She will have to wait for her mama to wake up so she can tell something about her new uncle.

 

She remembered her handsome uncle. She can't believe she is going to like him. Like a LOT. And the fact that its the first time she met the friend of his uncle changmin she felt like she will be really close to the guy every time she make a trip to her uncle yoochun's restaurant. She's excited to play with her new uncle. He promised her that he will bring her to the park and let her play with his dog. She was also told that her new uncle lives not too far from the village where she and her mom.

 

*****

 

Jaejoong stirred in his sleep and when he glance at the clock his eyes widen. It's 8 in the evening and he fell asleep almost 2 hours. He observe the silence of the house. Where did his mom goes? And where is Yoona?

 

He widen his eyes when he realize that his daughter is still missing.

 

"Yoona!!!"

 

He stood up and run to his daughter's room as he remembered he have not seen Yoona earlier. He began to see different images in his head as he shook it and ignore those gruesome imaginations.

 

"Yoona yah~~" He open the door to see his daughter in bed smiling at him. He sighed in relief and rewarded the the girl a beautiful smile. He strode towards the bed and sat himself on the mattress opening his arms to welcome back his ball of sunshine he missed all day.

 

Yoona settled in his lap as she circled her little arms to her mama's neck and giving Jaejoong a sweetest kiss on his cheek.

 

"Where have you been baby? And where is grandma?" Yoona smiled and look at her mama.

 

"Gwandma went to get something fwom the house. She's twying to call you earlier but your phone is dead. And then mama she ask uncle Yoochun to look after me." Jaejoong ruffled her hair.

 

"I am sorry I haven't check my phone until I get home. Were you being a good girl to uncle chun?" Yoona nodded her head furiously and she stood up from jaejoong's lap and jump on her bed.

 

"I saw uncle Min! And he's with a fwiend. I call him Handome uncle."

 

"Really? Uncle changmin is also there? Wait-- who brought you home then?"

 

"It's uncle Yoochun mama. You were sleep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter