Awkward Dinner

All Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Its awkward. 

Everything is awkward. Jaejoong tilted his head to the right to avoid the stare from his ex husband. He remember just a while ago he was wrapped in a tight hug in Yunho's arms he felt like his bones might cracked and break from the suffocating embrace. But now, each one of them avoiding who will break the silence. Aside from the slow music playing outside, there is no other noises coming from the room instead of their awkward breaths as they exhale. 

He would be lying if he says he hadn't dream of this day to come. Seeing Yunho close was definitely giving him goosebumps and pain memories at the same time. The betrayal has been flashing through his vision all over again. He knows that he has forgiven him, but he can't promise to forget what he had done. Yunho has to work for it, to redeem himself. He is giving him a chance, not because of him wanting to get the man he once love but to be a father to their child. 

Yoona deserves to know her father. And he doesn't want to take that choice from his daughter. Yoona would hate her if she knows he's trying to hide the fact that her father has been alive all along and have a chance in the world to spend the time knowing her father. She's too little to feel the pain and Jaejoong would never forgive himself if Yoona would hate him for that. Stealing the chances to know that she has a father. 

He knows that Yunho can be a good father. It's been his dream to become a father in the first place which actually the main reason why they're in this awkward place. Having an heir could be Yunho's fulfillment in life as much as his. Having to be the only son in their family could be frustrating at the same time lonely. Jaejoong would have never understand the significance of that as he had grown to have a big sister, Jihyo for that matter. He would understand that Yunho must have dream to have an heir to share his care, passion and love that he could have share to his siblings if he has, but now that he have known that he has a daughter,  Jaejoong wouldn't doubt for a second that Yoona will be spoiled rotten. 

He could looked past the betrayal and be civil with Yunho for the sake of his daughter but it doesn't mean they have to be friends again. His chest clench as the thought of the past memories tried to invade his vision again. 

Yunho cleared his throat as he finally took the lead as he took the red wine and gently shoved it forward to Jaejoong's side, he looked at the glass sitting in front of him and Jaejoong lift it as he tilted it towards the bottle getting a pour from Yunho.

"I know this is awkward" Jaejoong sip his wine as he tried avoiding Yunho's heated stare. 

"I know and I'm sorry if this is making you uncomfortable." Same soft tone he had heard many times in old Yunho. Where yunho was still a dutiful husband, tucking him in bed, kissing him goodnight when he knows that he will stay in the office for a longer time, making breakfast for him when he was sick and wrapping him in his arms when he was scared of a simple thunder under a heavy storm. 

"So... "

"So... "

They both get quiet as soon as they heard their voice spoke at the same time. 

"I mean, how are you?" Jaejoong tensed a little when he notice yunho had stop sipping his wine and stare at him. He can sense the same feeling coming from the man across him. He just wanted to get this dinner done and set a schedule for both Yoona and Yunho to meet but he knows too well that it's not that easy. 

"I'm okay Jaejoong. I'm still managing the company. If I'm being perfectly honest, we're doing a really great job for the past few years. In fact we're trying to open a new branch in Chicago and hopefully I will launch it by next year. Of course, we're still trying to do our best since Korea is the main branch and need my undivided attention and mostly all the major clients are here."

Jaejoong sighed in relief as the topic of work seems to divert the awkwardness of the situation. He nodded in acknowledgment as they heard a soft knock againts the door. It was gently open by the waiter who had brought the cart with the dish ready to be serve. The waiter catefully spread the plates of food on their table and slightly bow as he finished his duty. 

"Here's your dinner Mr. Jung, if you have anything to ask, please call our attention and we will be more than happy to comply with your request."

"Thank you." Yunho respond kindly and waited for the waiter to close the door. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter