Chapter 4

All Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter






"Chun ~ ah ~ yah ~" Jaejoong decided to visit Yoochun for the long serious talk. He needed his friend right now. He needed Yoochun's view on this. He wonders if he made the right decision. He had think this a 100 times. Not just a hundred times exactly but the thought of seeing Yoona growing up without her father is most heartbreaking. 





His mom had pulled him aside one time and was startled to know that Yoona has been asking for her daddy. His poor mom had mentioned that the 'father' is busy and working outside the country for many years and had been based under a long contract. Yoona just pout and ask if there's a chance she could meet her daddy in the near future. The poor grandma shed a tears for her little Yoona but jaejoong's mom promise that she would respect Jaejoong's decision whatever it takes. 





He thinks  that this is the right time for yunho to meet his daughter. He felt nervous just by the thought of seeing yunho again. It's been a long time and he had not hear anything from the man except from those moment his noona had told him. Yunho is struggling to find them. He knows the desire of being a parent and even before their marriage had come into an end,  Yunho had desire to become a father. He sure be a good father to Yoona, and he is not going to take it from Yunho. 





Reconciliation might be on its way but putting their marriage back together? That's quite impossible. Yunho must have someone right now, if not Jihyun. 





The scratch of the wooden feet of the chair brings him back to the current situation he has. Yoochun took the chair across from him and nudge the plate of blueberry cheesecake towards him. There is also a latte prepared for both of them. 





"So what brings you here? By the look you are giving me right now, says that it's going to be a long day for me." Yoochun took a sip from his cup of latte and give jaejoong a serious look. 





"It's quite serious Chun~ah." Yoochun nodded and entwined his long fingers on the table. Ready to hear everything. 





"I decided to meet Yunho. I think it's time for him to see Yoona. I just don't know how to explain this to Yoona.  This would be a big blow for her."





"Yoona is a bright girl. Didn't you say before that she ask your mom about her dad?"





"She did."





 Yoochun sigh. "Yoona is still a kid,  but she's a bright girl. You just need to explain everything. I think she will be more thrilled to hear that she'll have a chance of meeting her father than to hear your explanation. "





"You think so?"





Yoochun nod and took a sip of his coffee. "The big question here is,  are you ready to meet him again?"





"It's been a long time Chun. I know that he's been struggling to find us and I don't want to take the previlege from him of being a father to Yoona. It's been his dream since then."





"How can you be so kind and genuine after what he had done to you?"





"Would it help me if I'll stay having grudge towards him?"





"You have a point, but it's just unusual that you can still think of his sake when it comes to Yoona. Compare to others, you're the most forgiving person I've known. "





"I'm not them Chun. I have forgiven him a long time. It does not mean that I'm going to take him back. This meeting will purely be civil."





"I understand. When do you plan of meeting him?"





"I actually gave him the chance to call me whenever he's ready. I went to the old house we have, taking a chance to get some information."





"What happen? Did you get any? "





Jaejoong nodded. 





"I met Mrs. Han. His neighborhood in the area. The most interesting part is that Yunho left the house and was renting somewhere. He hired a caretaker weekly to maintain the house. Mrs Han was interested of buying the house but yunho refuse. It says that he had several potential buyers but he does not have any plan of selling it."





"It does not make sense if he was renting and refuse to sell the house at the same time."





Jaejoong stayed silent. Yoochun look at him carefully trying to see if jaejoong was trying to hide something from him. 





"You think there's a reason behind it Jae?"





"I don't know. Whatever his decision is,  I respect it. I no longer own that house anyway."





Yoochun nodded and smirk. From his mere observations, jaejoong must be hoping for something else. But of course he would respect the silence from Jae. He has all the right. From what he had gone through. He will support his friend whatever it takes. 





*****





Yunho had been staring at the lifeless piece of paper for the past five days. He place it in a clear bottle to make sure he won't misplace it and put it on the side table in his room. It seems like that piece of paper will give him back his life. It will give him back the happiness that had been absent for the past three years. It would be the only way to resolve his misery. 





He had attempted to dial that number a hundred times but every time his phone screen shows the dots are connecting, he would suddenly cut the call without even trying to make a single ring. 





It seems like there is something blocking in his chest and he can't suddenly breath. Just the mere thought of hearing Jaejoong over the phone gives him a chill. He is wondering if he has some serious heart disease. He had missed hearing that gentle voice against his ears. It always lulls him to sleep. Jaejoong's sweet voice can heal one wounded soul. It can heal his empty heart that had been holed with loneliness for a long time. 





He had been set up to several woman in his office by his business partners. Woman that had flirted with him during business meetings. Woman that had tried all their best to get his attentions but had no such luck. 





He swallowed hard a and try to dial the number. He had been practicing his line and script but it will never be perfect versus reality. He wonders if he would ever be ready. 





He has low chances not to cry. Ever since Jaejoong had left him, he totally changed 180 degrees. He is no longer the cold bastard who abandoned his wife in a silent walls of their house. He is being emotional for every possible thing that will remind him of Jaejoong. He still has the ring Jaejoong had left inside the divorce paper envelope chained to his necklace. He always wear the necklace wherever he goes and always find himself toying the ring. 





He remember one time that he had been listening to a soulful singer and found himself crying when the song ended. 





He had never understand why the sudden change when it's too late for him to change? Jaejoong had left him. He will never be able to redeemed himself. 





He sighed and stare at his phone blankly.  





'Jae. It's Yunho. It's been a while.' That sounds totally dumb. Wtf. Of course it would sound so dumb, it's been 3 ing years and that's the only thing you could said? 





'Sorry Jae. Give me another chance.' That sounds totally wrong. 





Yunho stood up and grip his hair in frustration. He throw his phone onto his bed and walk towards the window. 





He wish he could fly like the birds outside. Freeing himself from the agony he started. Free from the burden he had created. He close his eyes and pray that God will guide him again to Jaejoong's doorstep. To Jaejoong's genuine heart.  





He still love him. 





He still love him ver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter