Chapter 8

Fanfiction Series: When Daesung Meets Mona

The Strong Heart show ended, and all four of us did not talk to each other after the “kissing scene”. We waited for all the people in the studio to go out because we don’t want to force ourselves into a crowd in going out. We were walking into the lobby of the building, and I can see that in every person or group of people we met, all eyes were on me.

 

When we reached the outside, Chang suddenly stopped and spoke.

 

“What were you doing?”

 

I, Haerin, and Sheng stopped and looked at her. Chang was looking at me with anger and shame. I couldn’t stare at her because I was also ashamed of what I did.

 

“Chang, I think we need to go home. We’ll talk about this tomorrow, okay?” Sheng was comforting and begging.

 

“No! We need to talk it over right now. This is not the first time she did this. I think she has a problem.” Chang was angry.

 

“Chang, I think Sheng is right. Can we just call it a day?” Haerin was also begging.

 

“Look, if you think this is nothing, then you’re wrong.” Chang was frustrated, and she was referring to Sheng and Haerin. Later on, she finally faced me.

 

“Mona, please be honest. We’re friends right? Why did you do that in public? Are you that desperate?”

 

“I … ” I couldn’t say anything.

 

“You guys may be wondering why I react so much, but let me say this. I know that I always take things seriously, but what you did Mona was off.”

 

Haerin glanced at me. I can sense that we were about to listen to a sermon.

 

“Listen, …” Chang was now a little calm.

 

“... It wasn’t appropriate what you did. I’m afraid people will start bashing you Mona. You know how social media works today, and haters are everywhere. I just don’t want to reach to a point where one day, you’ll gonna come crying to us because you’re social media accounts were hacked, you’re receiving death threats, and the likes. You should have controlled yourself. Daesung was just playing. He was a public figure of course! What happened in the studio will be a talk for a certain period, and you know what’s intriguing? Daesung is in his advantage. People will talk about him, something interesting, while you, I’m not sure.”

 

A BIG SILENCE.

 

After a moment of long silence, Chang continued.

 

“So you all now understood my point, right?”

 

Chang could see that we absorbed her thoughts based on our reactions. And finally, Sheng was the first one who talked.

 

“Yeah, I think so. You know guys, Chang’s right.”

 

But Chang was clever, as usual. She can feel the atmosphere going shady.

 

“Look, let’s not dwell on what happened anymore. It happened already. The important thing here is that you all understood why I reacted that much. Let’s just hope that nothing really bad happens in the coming days.”

 

I finally composed myself and said something.

 

“Chang, thank you. I must admit that I thought you were being “kill joy” at first, but now that I am seeing that possibility, I will be careful next time, and I won’t let my guard down.”

 

And then I hugged her; the other two followed me.

 

I will be careful next time. I will behave I promise. I just thought.

 

When the shady mood went down, I finally thought of what I wanted to say a while ago.

 

“Hey, I also noticed something intriguing in the studio, not just us.”

 

“What is it?” Haerin asked in excitement.

 

“Sheng, you really are very pretty.” I said wholeheartedly.

 

“Wait, don’t tell me another Hallyu star is a suspect here?” Chang asked.

 

“And you’re right! Another Korean god is eyeing on her.” I said excitingly.

 

“And who might that be?” Sheng asked flipping her hair.

 

“Haha! Now, you’re interested!” I finally said.

 

“Well, in case you guys want to ask, the reason why I was not in my mind in the studio and did that “thing” was that I was focused on something else. So what I did was all just a sudden reaction. I was really busy observing LEE JONG SUK staring passionately at Sheng.” I continued with excitement.

 

“No way!” Sheng couldn’t believe what I said.

 

“Yes it’s true. No joke. I couldn’t help it; I was amused by what I was witnessing. I even want to pinch you so that you’ll know. You were busy with showing everyone your smile that’s why you missed that precious moment.”

 

“Sheng! What were you thinking?!” Chang suddenly became aggressive, and we were surprised by that reaction of hers.

 

Chang noticed that this time, she was overreacting.

 

“Oh, sorry. Hehehe. Girl, you just missed that chance.” Chang’s voice was sorry to Sheng.

 

“Oh God, I just missed my ticket to paradise. Please kill me.” Sheng became disappointed.

 

“Hey, it’s not the end of the world yet. Now that you’re aware, don’t let the next chance pass.” I said, hoping.

 

“What have you observed anyway?” Haerin was curious.

 

“Well yeah, while we were on stage and were introducing ourselves, I happened to looked at Lee Jong Suk, and his eyes were like tattooed on you. He even smiled when you introduced yourself.”

 

“Really?” Sheng asked.

 

“Yes girl. He did.” And I grinned.

 

We were really busy talking while walking away from the building. When we reached at the intersection, we suddenly stopped because we noticed a silver car beeping at us. We were curious who it was. The car moved slowly towards us, and when it reached at the point where we were standing, it stopped. The driver’s window slowly opened, and BOOM! Daesung!

 

We were stunned; we couldn’t move. Thankfully, Haerin composed herself and greeted the Kpop idol.

 

“Anyeong haseyo!”

 

“Anyeong haseyo!” Daesung responded happily. And then his small eyes were focused on me.

 

Sheng intentionally stepped on my foot.

 

“Anyeong haseyo!” I suddenly said.

 

“Hi Mona.” Daesung’s voice was godly when he said my name.

 

“Hello.” I just said in response.

 

“Here.” Daesung handed a piece of paper to me.

 

“Please call me or text me.” He said sincerely.

 

I looked at the paper and saw his number. We looked at each other intriguingly.

 

Daesung was waiting for a response from me after he handed the paper, and Chang poked me at the back secretly.

 

“O… okay. I’ll call you. Thank you.”

 

“Great! I’ll be expecting it.” Daesung said and winked at me.

 

I just smiled awkwardly. I wasn’t ready for this.

 

“I’ll go ahead then.” He said.

 

“Okay. Bye.” I said.

 

“Bye Mona.” And Daesung stared at me like he was telling me something, but I couldn’t read it.

 

He then smiled at the other girls and closed his window. We just waved at him as he went away.

 

Daesung. Please don’t. Don’t make me lose myself totally and fall for you.