Chapter 10

Fanfiction Series: When Daesung Meets Mona

After our first phone call, we got used to texting and calling, not every day though because Daesung was pretty busy – celebrity life. We’re like on the stage of getting to know each other, having mutual understanding just over the phone. We haven’t seen each other after “that night”. But a girl like I am won’t lose hope that easily. It’s not too bad to always hope and dream you know.

PHONE RINGING.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hi Mona. Are you busy now?”

Gosh, that angelic voice again! Can’t help it but fall in love with him even more.

“Hey Dee!” I excitedly called him. I got used to calling him “Dee” when I was not that awkward with him over the phone, and he liked the nickname I created for him.

I continued.

“… ahmn, not really. Why?”

“I …”

There was a little hesitation on his end, and that made me nervous. But he continued.

“I actually want to meet you today if you don’t mind.”

SILENCE.

C’mon self! Wake up!

“Hello? Are you there Mona?” He asked worriedly.

“Ye … Yes!” I stuttered.

“So is it okay if we’ll meet today again?” Daesung asked one more time.

“Well, … are you sure?” I stupidly asked.

What?! Are you hearing yourself Mona? That’s a very stupid question you know. Take it back!

“Of course! Hahaha! To be honest, I really wanted to meet you in the first place –  just the two of us.” His tone was sincere yet amused by my reaction.

“Well, … I don’t know what to say. I’m just totally overwhelmed. Hehehe.” I shyly said.

“Hahaha! You’re not alone. I’m also overwhelmed with what I’m doing when it comes to you.” He said with emphasis.

I can’t really tell if that was sincere or was just trying to please me. I was just deaf for a moment with my emotions.

SILENCE.

“So will you meet me Mona?” Daesung’s voice was a little bit begging.

Say something girl! Speak!

“Yes of course!” I finally said.

“Great!” Desung’s voice was now much lively.

He then told me where we’ll meet and what time. The place was not too far from mine. As far as I know, the place that we’re going is a little bit expensive and romantic. So I need to bring the best out of me.

So I’m going huh! Please self, don’t fail me this time. I want this to be perfect.

I then went to the place on time. In fairness, the restaurant was really luxurious. It was like I just entered a very shining and bright place. Most of what I see glitters.

Wow! I feel like I am in a paradise of dreams. This isn’t real. I’m just dreaming.

I was awaken from daydreaming by a Korean waiter. He told me that he will serve as my guide to where I should be seated, where Daesung was already waiting. I was not feeling my knees at that point. It felt like I was going to collapse any time.

The waiter did not guide me to one of the tables my eyes could see. Instead, he guided me upstairs. The stairway was enchanted. It felt like I was a queen going upstairs to my king. It was covered with a red carpet that made it even more romantic and luxurious.

When we reached the second floor of the restaurant, it felt more like I am part of the royal family. It was magnificent. We walked through the hallway of the floor, and I could feel the wind slowly blowing from the other end of the hallway. I already had the impression that we will be dining outside, like there was a huge veranda. And I was not mistaken. The overlooking view was stunning. I could see different kinds of lights of the city. It was really breathtaking.

Because my eyes were really very busy with the view, I did not notice Daesung standing at a distance with his back facing me. I don’t know, but it was probably meant to be when our eyes met. He felt my presence and turned around to see me. My eyes on the other hand finally caught him standing at a distance, and I met his. We just stared at each other for a moment, appreciating what our eyes are seeing.

I was just standing there very stiff and nervous. He then smiled at me and walked towards me, while he was holding a glass of red wine. He stopped right in front of me, just a few inches away. Staring at me, he gulped the last amount of wine in his glass and gave the glass to the waiter who was standing behind me. He gestured the waiter, and the waiter walked away, leaving just the two of us in that huge veranda. I could not say any word. I was just speechless staring at this Korean version of a Greek god.

Say something Mona!

I only swallowed a large amount of my saliva. I could not move my mouth. He on the other hand was just staring at me still. Slowly, he bent a little, and unexpectedly, he reached my lips and kissed me. His left hand slowly wrapped around my waist, while his right hand was holding the back of my head. Fortunately, I let my hair down that time. It would destroy the moment if I had some hairdo.

Daesung slowly moved his tongue into mine kissing me passionately. Subconsciously, I wrapped my arms around his neck welcoming his passionate kiss. It was a very unforgettable moment in my woman life. I will treasure that moment.

He then let my lips go, and we were both grasping for breath after we kissed. He was now wrapping his arms around my waist, and I was still wrapping mine around his neck. I was still closing my eyes because I don’t want to wake up from that dream. It was so amazing. I did not know he was just staring at me while I was closing my eyes. He probably was exploring my face.

“You’re driving me crazy Mona.” Daesung whispered in a very passionate way.

I then opened my eyes, lost and confused with what has happened. Again, I could not say anything. I was probably really transparent because Daesung could read me. He understood how I felt. He just smiled with amusement and held my hand and walked me at the center of the veranda. I could not believe I was really dreaming because I did not notice a group of musicians at a corner.

Gosh Mona! You had an audience. You were really great in that drama.

Shame then filled me. I also did not notice a two-seater table not really distant from the group of musicians. There was a candle and a bunch of flowers placed at the center of the table.

When we were at the spot Daesung wanted, he gestured the musicians, and they started playing a soft and romantic melody. He then wrapped his arms around my waist again, and I on the other hand voluntarily wrapped my arms around his neck again. He led our dancing. I don’t really know how to dance, but at that moment, it felt like I was a good dancer. Together, we swayed our bodies along with the melody of the music.

Our bodies became into one along with the melody of the music. Daesung liked whispering at me.

“Mona, this is the most unforgettable sweet escape of my life. I just wish this night will not end because I am just alone with you.” His voice was really angelic and kingly at the same time.

I wanted to say something, but still, I couldn’t.

What’s wrong with me?

Daesung continued.

“I know I may have surprised you a lot, and I am also surprised with myself too. I don’t know why I am acting this different when it comes to you.”

We stopped dancing, but the music still continued. He looked at me straight in my eyes, while our arms are still in the same positions.

“Will you let me know more about you?” He sincerely asked.

I finally said something for a long time.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

He laughed a little. Perhaps, he was waiting for me to say something.

“You finally spoke.” He said amusingly.

“I…” I said and just laughed.

“What I am trying to say is that will you be my girlfriend?” Daesung finally asked.

“What?!” I asked in disbelief.

I saw confusion and disappointment in Daesung’s face. I then hurriedly continued.

“No! What I mean is are you sure about this? I mean is this too soon? Don’t get me wrong, but I just want to make sure you are really serious about this.”

“Mona, to tell you honestly, this is the first time I am into this deep with a girl. I mean I really like you. No, I’ll take that back. I think I am falling for you. I love you Mona. Since the first day I met you in our concert, you keep on bothering me. I can’t stop thinking about you. The other members even noticed that I am sometimes thinking deeply, which is not the usual me. You’re just driving me crazy.” Daesung explained.

I did not say anything. My eyes were teary already, and I could see that he felt relief seeing me about to go to tears.

“Please don’t cry. I don’t want to see you cry. It breaks my heart.” He then said full of love.

“No. I just can’t believe that this is all happening. This is overwhelming.” I just said.

“I am not in a hurry though. I’ll wait for you to answer me, and I won’t stop bothering you until you say yes.” He laughed a little.

I did too, and I finally said what I really want to tell him ever since.

“Dee, I know you are really busy, and I don’t want to add to your burden. I won’t let you wait that long. Let’s start this craziness of ours. It’s a yes.”

Daesung then immediately was jumping for joy and shouting. I was just laughing at him. He then held my face with his two hands and said.

“I’m gonna make you the happiest girl in the world.”

“Thank you.” I responded.

“Saranghe.” He said.

“Saranghe.” I finally said to him.