Chapter 9

Fanfiction Series: When Daesung Meets Mona

When I reached home, I immediately went to my room. I undressed myself and took a shower, hoping that all the mixed emotions I felt will be washed away. When I finished taking shower, I put on my bath robe and wiped my hair to dry.

 

I then sat down on my bed and took my bag. I got my cellphone and the piece of paper Daesung handed to me earlier. I stared at his number and thought blankly. After a short moment, I finally decided to save his number in my phone, but I was hesitant to call or text him.

 

I stood up and went to see the mirror hanging on my wall. I looked at myself. I looked at my hair that’s still wet, my bath robe that’s enclosing my body, and my feet that’s wearing a cute pair of sleepers. I surveyed myself.

 

Do I deserve your attention? Am I ready for this? Once I call or text that number I just saved a while ago, I know my life will change completely. Mona, are you willing to expect the unexpected? Are you ready for love?

 

“I’m not sure, but I’ll try.” I said said to myself in the mirror.

 

I finally decided to reach out to him. I sat down on my bed again and unlocked my phone. I finally sent a text message to him.

 

“Hi, Mona here. Please save my number :).”

 

MESSAGE SENT.

 

I was really nervous while I waited for his reply. Thirty minutes went by, and there was still no reply from him. I only laughed at the thought of me waiting for his reply.

 

“Hahaha! C’mon Mona, don’t disappoint yourself. He won’t reply.”

 

So I decided to prepare myself to sleep. I turned off the lights and went to bed. I only turned the lamp shade on that’s on the table next to my bed; it’s giving a very dim light, so falling asleep is very convenient.

 

When I my eyes were starting to get tired and I felt sleepy, my phone beeped that woke my sleepy self. I picked up my phone and looked at the time.

 

It’s already very late, and Haerin is still wanting for a chat?

 

But I realized that it’s not my messenger’s alert tone; it’s my text message’s alert tone. So my eyes suddenly became so lively and alert, and I was really nervous. I looked at the new message, and it was Daesung’s.

 

“Hi, Mona. Sorry I replied late. I had to go to YG to finish some work. Are you still awake?”

 

I then stood up and was jumping on my bed with joy. I wanted to scream, but I couldn’t. I don’t want to disturb my sister and her husband who are now asleep. I then composed myself and focused on replying him.

 

“It’s okay. Well, I was about to go to sleep anyway.”

 

A few minutes later, he finally called, and my hands were shaking. I deeply breathed before I answered the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Mona?”

 

“Yes. Hi.”

 

“Hello. Hehehe. Are you already sleepy?”

 

“Well, sort of. But it’s okay. Ahm, how’s work?”

 

That was the only question I could ask because it was a bit awkward.

 

“Well, …” And I heard him releasing a deep sigh on the other line.

 

“... nothing new. Hehehe. How about you? How are you?”

 

I’m okay. I’m loving Korea. It’s really great here.

 

Hahaha! That’s good to know. Are you working here?

 

Well, I haven’t found any work yet. But I will. Right now, I’m still enjoying the place, the people, the culture, and everything about Korea.

 

The awkwardness went down, and I started to feel comfortable.

 

“That’s great Mona. I’m glad you like it here.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

SILENCE.

 

“I …” We said in chorus.

 

“You go first.” Daesung said.

 

“Hehe. I was about to say that I and my friends will always support you and Bigbang.”

 

“Oh, thank you. Please do. We will always do our best to give you great music.” He sincerely said.

 

“We know you will. And we can’t wait to hear everything.”

 

“Hehehe. Thank you.”

 

SILENCE.

 

I waited for him to say something because I can feel that he still has something to tell me. But he was still silent, so I decided to break the silence.

 

“Hello? Daesung, are you still there?”

 

“Neh. Yes. I was just … thinking.”

 

“Oh, okay. You might be sleepy.”

 

“No. I … listen Mona, I don’t know how to say this, but I think I like you.”

 

SILENCE.

 

“Hello Mona?”

 

“Y … Yes!”

 

“I’m sorry I might have surprised you, but after that first moment in Cebu, thoughts of you always bother me, and I always find myself thinking about you. And I want to know you personally.”

 

SILENCE.

 

“Mona? Please say something.”

 

“I … I don’t know what to say. I’m just overwhelmed.”

 

“Hehehe. I thought you might. It’s getting really late, and I think I have disturbed you already.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’m sorry if I can’t say anything. I’m still thinking of what you said.”

 

“No. I understand. Just go to sleep, okay? And I will too. Just don’t think too much about what I said.”

 

“Hehehe. Okay.”

 

“Thank you Mona.”

 

Oh God, he’s like my guardian angel. His voice is melting me.

 

“Thank you Daesung.”

 

“Sleep well. Goodnight.”

 

“You too. Goodnight. Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

CALL ENDED.