After School

Confused

Chaeyoung's POV

The day was long, it felt like forever. Now I'm stuck with detention: cleaning the toilets. It was evening, after school. Most of the students went home. And here I am, in this disgusting toilet. I wore a face mask, hand gloves, trying to keep calm while I clean. 

"Hey what's wrong with you?"

"Yeah, I was really surprised to hear you raise your voice. I mean like you barely get into troubles in school." Min and Jimin, my best buddies questioned from the toilet door. Well, Jimin was right, I never get into trouble or even get detention if the reason is not because of them. They usually drag me into trouble but this time, I walk right into one by myself. Of course they know something is off about me.

"Why don't you two just come in and help me instead of standing there?" I asked annoyedly. 

"Oh come on Chaeyoung, split it out." they both walked in with their arms folded. 

"H-he.."

"Yeah what about him?" Min interrupted. "All I did was saying him being cute and you were like super opposed to my opinion." 

"Don't cut her off. Geez." Jimin rolled her eyes at Min while Min just shrugged her shoulders in response. 

"H-he's Mark." I stupidly said.

"DUH?" They both shot me a dead look.

"Okay okay, give me time to pick up my words! He's Mark Lee. And Mark Lee is..."

"Is?"

"He is my f-fiancé..." Damn I hate that term, fiancé. Arghhh.

"What-the-" 

"Oh-my-gosh!"

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" Min and Jimin held hands and jumped around stupidly. I looked at them unbelievingly.

"Why are you two even get excited? Can't you see that I'm dying here? Why does he have to transfer here? This is hellish." I drop the mop I'm holding.

"Oh Chaeyoung. That guy, ehem, your fiancé, doesn't look bad at all. In fact, didn't you sensed that he's extremely popular already even though it's only his first day here?"

"Yeah, like I said, he is cute. You're lucky you got him!"

"What are you guys saying? No. I just don't like him. He's ugly, arrogant, annoying and whatever!" I don't know why I talked bad about him but it just came out of my mouth. 

"I thought you two just met like yesterday?" Jimin asked. She got a point. I don't really know how he's really like but I just- *sigh*

"I don't want anyone to find out about our engagement. Please keep a secret for me. Especially from Dino..." I begged them. I don't want Dino to know about me and Mark. It's not like he will give a darn about it but I just don't want him to know. 

"Girl you gotta give up on that Dino now. It's been years and he didn't show any hint that he likes you!"

"I know, but I don't know why I can't just let it go. Maybe I just got used to like him? Like a habit that you can't just change easily." I was down talking about Dino. Dino obviously shows no interest of love towards me, but I just like to see him, liking him from afar and supporting him silently is pretty much enough for me. It's my feelings anyway. Whether he likes me or not, it's me who is liking him, why would my feelings die down just because he doesn't like me back? 

 


 

Mark's POV 

I had to stay after school to sort things out in the office. Chaeyoung avoided me during recess. She won't even look at me. I find that really funny. It's not like people will know we're engaged because we knew each other. As for me, I don't really mind that people know about our relationship, it's all a setup anyway. But it's too tacky to say that we're tied by an arranged marriage. Gosh, I won't really say it out if it's not necessary.

After all the paper works, I can finally get out of this school. As I walk down the hallway and pass by the toilet, I stopped. I almost forgot about her being in detention. I walk a few steps backward and look into the toilet. Where is she? Is she not in this toilet? I wonder how many toilets does this school have? 

I searched every floor from the first to the fifth of the classroom building. Don't ask me why am I even searching for her. I wasn't thinking straight as I find her.

I went into the female's toilet on the 5th floor. Finally, there she is.

"Holy sh*t. What are you doing here?" I may have surprised her. But now I'm taken back by her question. I have no idea why am I here. I stood there, staring at her.

"Forget that. What's more important is why did you have to transfer to my school?" She asked as she took off her gloves and tear away the face mask.

"Parents. Probably because of our marriage." Her eyes widened and she used her hands to cover my mouth. 

"Shhh! How could you say that out loud? What if people heard you?" Now she is half whispering half shouting, using only her breath to talk.

I look at her hand and eyed her to put it away so that I can talk. But this fool actually eyed me back with a fierce stare not getting what I meant. Now what? She wants a staring contest? I used my hands to get rid off her hands and her face shows that *ah, that's what he meant* look.

"It's already late in the evening. No one is actually here now, you don't have to worry about OUR MARRIAGE." I .

"Hey!" She was about to cover my mouth again but I grabbed her wrist before she could. She looked at me in the eyes and I did the same. 

"Let's just go." I broke the stare and dragged her out.

"Hey, where are we going? Let go of me!" I ignored her as I lead her to my car. She annoyedly got into the car as I opened the door for her. Glad that she is actually being obedient. I got into the car too. I was about to help her fasten her seatbelt but she said this.

"Oh no. You're not doing that cheesy action for me. No way." She then leaned closer to me, I was surprised, confused, not knowing what she's up to.

*click*

I was speechless.

......

......

......

......

......

She fastened my seatbelt for me.

"Seriously?" I shot her a look. 

"Yes." She replied after she fastened her own seatbelt while staring right into the front, not looking at me.

 


A/N: Hope you all like this chapter! Please leave a comment :)